Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

SARA+SIDNER-640w.jpg

Dont let the Zimmerman thing fool you.

This case is a bit different. With Zimmerman, there was a scuffle. He could say that it turned into self defense for him. And he was scared. And there was no video.

In this case, the murder is appearent. But there id a ton of proof that it should he 2nd degree.

First George Floyd was subdued and handcuffed, so its not like excessive force was used during the handcuffing and that excessive force led to him dying. In this case, a subdued man had a knee to his neck for 8 minutes. Then, George Floyd began screaming that he was dying. At this point the cop should have let him go, considering he was subdued. But he decided not too. Then there was the "I cant breathe" and "mama" shouts. The cop at this point should have realized the situation was dire, but he didnt let go. Still kept applying pressure.

Then they checked his pulse and said he wasnt breathing. AND HE STILL DIDNT LET HIS KNEE OFF.

All this is proof for 2nd degree instead of 3rd.

This article explains it way better than i could. Its a good read.

Agree with everything you said.

Why chance it though?

That 2nd degree thing can go either way in a court of law.

Too much wiggle room.

With 3rd degree murder and manslaughter...........there's far less room to maneuver.

Back