Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

We didn't have too many black businesse back then. Banks wouldn't give us loans to even finance one. Was mostly Korean and mom & pop places. South LA was literred with burned down buildings for over a deacde, was part of our landscape for along time. Businesses didn't come back until the mid-00s, and really it's only been the last 5 years with gentrification that my old area really fully came back.

It's hard to explain to people, because it's weird seeing your city burning and the aftermath. It's easy to get hyped up now, but when everything close to you is fucked up, it hits home. This time aorund I'm seeing places like Fairfax where there are tons of Ethipian immigrants shops,a nd it was gutted. No rhyme or reason. People just don't care it seems. Whole thing from our justice system, to this shit is depressing as hell. I don't know anymore
Wow!! Thats a horrific picture. That must of created alot of PTSD amongst residents in your area. Yeah I agree the looters right now aren't thinking long term and are acting based on emotion. Once the fire stops there will be a mess that is left.

Wow!! Thats a horrific picture. That must of created alot of PTSD amongst residents in your area. Yeah I agree the looters right now aren't thinking long term and are acting based on emotion. Once the fire stops there will be a mess that is left.
I wouldn't say PTSD, but it defitniely shaped the area for years to come.

Wow!! Thats a horrific picture.
That must of created alot of PTSD amongst residents in your area. Yeah I agree the looters right now aren't thinking long term and are acting based on emotion. Once the fire stops there will be a mess that is left.

It didn’t. Also y’all are heavily overestimating the damage to black businesses. Niggas was on code back then.

I remember seeing “Black Owned” signs on hella businesses For damn near a decade after. Contrary to this new narrative they didn’t just recklessly destroy a bunch of black owned businesses. they were tearin up a lot of them racist Korean/asian shops In the hood. Don’t get it twisted, it’s spots out here called “Louisiana Chicken” wholly owned by Asians. Them wasn’t nigga businesses.

And they took them riots all the way to Simi Valley, it wasn’t just the hood burning.

It didn’t. Also y’all are heavily overestimating the damage to black businesses. Niggas was on code back then.

I remember seeing “Black Owned” signs on hella businesses For damn near a decade after. Contrary to this new narrative they didn’t just recklessly destroy a bunch of black owned businesses. they were tearin up a lot of them racist Korean/asian shops In the hood. Don’t get it twisted, it’s spots out here called “Louisiana Chicken” wholly owned by Asians. Them wasn’t nigga businesses.

And they took them riots all the way to Simi Valley, it wasn’t just the hood burning.
LOL, Simi Valley wasn't touched, what are you talking about fam? South LA burned and that was about it. LAPD didn't allow anything elsewhere.

Back