Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

So 3 months of rioting and looting. This is LA Riots on steroids.
This shit isn't really anything like the Riots though. I literally had black smoke all around me in the sky during it as a kid. That's how many fires there were. You got mostly peaceful protests here, and some outsiders coming through starting shit.

This shit isn't really anything like the Riots though. I literally had black smoke all around me in the sky during it as a kid. That's how many fires there were. You got mostly peaceful protests here, and some outsiders coming through starting shit.
Do you know the amount of black businesses that never recovered from the LA riots in your area? What was the rebuilding process like from black businesses.

Do you know the amount of black businesses that never recovered from the LA riots in your area? What was the rebuilding process like from black businesses.
We didn't have too many black businesse back then. Banks wouldn't give us loans to even finance one. Was mostly Korean and mom & pop places. South LA was literred with burned down buildings for over a deacde, was part of our landscape for along time. Businesses didn't come back until the mid-00s, and really it's only been the last 5 years with gentrification that my old area really fully came back.

It's hard to explain to people, because it's weird seeing your city burning and the aftermath. It's easy to get hyped up now, but when everything close to you is fucked up, it hits home. This time aorund I'm seeing places like Fairfax where there are tons of Ethipian immigrants shops,a nd it was gutted. No rhyme or reason. People just don't care it seems. Whole thing from our justice system, to this shit is depressing as hell. I don't know anymore

Back