Welcome To aBlackWeb

So Grillz originated with the Romans and Mayans, dread locks originated with Indian Hindus

I've always said that people whining about whites or nonblacks wearing dreads is stupid. Dreads are just matted hair and many groups of people throughout history commonly went long periods without bathing. So there is no question that whites, Indians, and other groups had examples of people walking around with matted hair. So to claim that white people can't walk around with matted hair because it's black culture is silly.

That said, that article is mad disingenuous and is clearly written with an agenda. These nonblacks nowadays aren't wearing dreads because some Indian text from thousands of years ago mentions matted hair. They are wearing them because black people made dreads into a popular style among black people, and those other groups want a piece of it. An Indian text mentioning matted hair doesn't mean that the Indians wore them as an element of their culture like the Egyptians did. And an Indian writing about matted hair before anyone else did doesn't mean that Indians were rocking dreads before other groups that are more notably tied to the hair style, like the Egyptians and Nubians.

Again, I don't give a fuck about white people wearing dreads, but is it really so hard for them just to give credit where it's due. Writing bullshit arguments about why they should be able to copy everything blacks do without giving blacks credit for anything doesn't exactly make CACs look any less shitty.
I've always said that people whining about whites or nonblacks wearing dreads is stupid. Dreads are just matted hair and many groups of people throughout history commonly went long periods without bathing. So there is no question that whites, Indians, and other groups had examples of people walking around with matted hair. So to claim that white people can't walk around with matted hair because it's black culture is silly.

That said, that article is mad disingenuous and is clearly written with an agenda. These nonblacks nowadays aren't wearing dreads because some Indian text from thousands of years ago mentions matted hair. They are wearing them because black people made dreads into a popular style among black people, and those other groups want a piece of it. An Indian text mentioning matted hair doesn't mean that the Indians wore them as an element of their culture like the Egyptians did. And an Indian writing about matted hair before anyone else did doesn't mean that Indians were rocking dreads before other groups that are more notably tied to the hair style, like the Egyptians and Nubians.

Again, I don't give a fuck about white people wearing dreads, but is it really so hard for them just to give credit where it's due. Writing bullshit arguments about why they should be able to copy everything blacks do without giving blacks credit for anything doesn't exactly make CACs look any less shitty.

It's more than just scriptural texts mentioning it. The deity's within the religion wore dread locks, the followers of the religion wore dread locks

But I agree fully with your point it's because of fashion people like Chief Keef for example wear them which is fine

But just know we started everything in India from algebra to spirituality to weed smoking to dread locks to ware fare to meditation to sex and making love to language. That isn't saying from a prideful boastful perspective only but from a perspective of reality

• Cap
Reactions: GNS
I understand why yall don't want people like her around, but I like hearing the bullshit white/off white people come up with and watch em get quite when you shut em down with facts. It's never good to have an echo chamber.

But if yall want her gone, i'll leave that up to yall.
triggered-triggered-thomas-the-train-meme-posters-by-cryingcuzbroke-52173889.png

It's more than just scriptural texts mentioning it. The deity's within the religion wore dread locks, the followers of the religion wore dread locks

But I agree fully with your point it's because of fashion people like Chief Keef for example wear them which is fine

But just know we started everything in India from algebra to spirituality to weed smoking to dread locks to ware fare to meditation to sex and making love to language. That isn't saying from a prideful boastful perspective only but from a perspective of reality

Your own source doesn't even back that up. it didn't say that Indians were the first to wear dread locks or depict them being worn. It said that they were the first to mention matted hair in writing. That says nothing of which civilization was the first to actually wear the hair style as a cultural practice. The rest of your claim is dubious too. India didn't invent algebra. Did people India use some principles that were later folded into algebra? Most likely. Lots of different groups did that throughout history. The Babylonians and Egyptians were probably doing that at least as long as people from the Indus River civilizations. No civilization has sole claim to that. The actual formal subject of algebra is credited to a Muslim not an Indian, though his work incorporated some principles he got from Indian works.

Literally didn't have to check who ts was.
Same shit different websites
Dreads are african af, deal with it.

eh, Vedic mystics been locking their hair for 30,000+ years. I'd wager it's something that developed in both regions simultaneously.

You know I hate stereotypes......

But.......

Ethiopian chicks are amongst the most stuck up women walking the planet.

If you know more than two, you know this to be true

smh... I've had more experiences with stuck up Ethopian broads than with down to earth jawns. Although... The older broads at the Ethiopian spot around the way from me stay hittin on me.

Gotta say, I really respect alla yall for not taking the distaste yall have for shady and this thread and displacing it to being racist toward Indians.

Reactions: GNS
I gotta partially side with @Starbucks here y'all. I've been reading about ancient Vedic civilizations for years 'cause it's fascinating (I've mentioned some of this on the IC several times over the years), and a lot of what she's saying with regards to locs is true. Hinduism is the oldest documented religion, that much cannot be argued. The deities have been depicted with locs and the Vedic mystics of antiquity have had locs for tens of thousands of years.

However...

Things like this can pop up in multiple places across the globe autonomously around the same time. The process may be different, but the end result would be the same or similar. It's easier to point to Vedic culture as a point of origin because there is a written history going back much farther than there is in much of continental Africa. That doesn't mean it didn't happen there as well, it just means one is easier to prove than the other.

ok, so this has gone enough pages and i still have yet to understand why is this such a big deal?

i say that with the utmost sincerity

There's a ton of hieroglyphs with africans wearing dreadlocks thousands of years before hindus existed. Cut it out.

Lol exactly. Then claims that Hinduism is the worlds oldest religion. The ancient Sumerians religion is probably the oldest religion we have physical record of, besides the one practiced in ancient Egypt..both of which predate any physical Hinduism records. The dating of physical records is problematic in itself anyways, but I don’t even want to really get into it.

Dark black ppl who migrated there from Africa were in India before the East Indians came. Hence why you see the dreads. Your East Indians came after and subjugated those ppl. Hence the Untouchables

Indians apparently invented sex
Trey songz somewhere mad af
5aa0940f59f2d.image.jpg

Back