Welcome To aBlackWeb

SHOW ME THE MONEYYYYYY!!

How important is financial stability to you in a relationship?

• Very important

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Not that important

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Somewhat important

• Didnt give it much thought.

• Total voters
Hmmm...

My ex was a bumm no gettin around it I was the money maker in the relationship, but say if he's actually doing something with himself like school, or some type of goal at the end of broke time... I would support my man fully and would allow him to go after his dreams as long as it is obtainable but say he wanna be a singer or rapper but can't hold a note or spit lyrics then he need a date someone comin out the nuthouse and miss me with that...
we got a whole lot of ride or die chicks in the house

Hmmm...

My ex was a bumm no gettin around it I was the money maker in the relationship, but say if he's actually doing something with himself like school, or some type of goal at the end of broke time... I would support my man fully and would allow him to go after his dreams as long as it is obtainable but say he wanna be a singer or rapper but can't hold a note or spit lyrics then he need a date someone comin out the nuthouse and miss me with that...

This.

money doesn't play a role per se, but their attitudes towards it certainly does.

just b/c you got your income tax dont mean its time for another LV purse. Remember, its not a gift from the government, its YOUR money they are giving back to you. I'm not saying you gotta invest it or anything like that, but dont be so quick to just go out and buy a big ticket item like that.

or, you really dont have a concept about how to budget. I've found that with some women, they think budgeting is a restriction on stuff they want to do, or in other words, they think you are telling them no. Budgeting allows you to take a hard look at what you are doing with your money and forces you to realize that you may have poor spending habits. You dont think every time you swipe your card at Chick fil a is a big deal, but in a month, if you've spent almost $200 on chick fil a, thats a serious problem. $200 x 12 months, and we're talking $2,400 a year just on ONE restaurant. Thats not including other out to eat spots.

or the attitude that "well i make the money, i should be able to spend it". While i am a firm believer in not working to pay bills, i also recognize that you still need to live day to day, and there is nothing wrong with planning a vacation or somewhere nice to visit, but lets come up with a plan on how to make that happen instead of waiting all the way to the summer, then deciding, "hey, we should do something" but you aint really planned anything, so now you around here taking money from Peter to pay Paul, just so that you could say you went somewhere for the summer.

I think finances scare a lot of people b/c again, it forces you to make some tough decisions. People rarely stop to think about stuff like "do i really need 100+ channels when i only watch the same 10?" I'm not gon even mention kodi b/c thats a dead giveaway, but even if you compare a netflix, amazon prime, hulu subscription at roughly $30 a month for a year, you are winning. Sure, you might not get ALL the channels you want, but i bet b/t the three, you will find most of what you want, but im going on a tangent now. Let me get back on track.

I couldnt care less who makes what, again, lets see where your mind is about what to do with it.

Also, i think that its bullshit that its perceived that you are a real man if you pay for EVERYTHING ya'll do. You not the only one getting enjoyment from it, but there is this perception that you are less than a man if your lady pulls out her card for dinner or whatever activity ya'll doing. People need to let go of these traditional labels. Assuming ya'll share some sorta joint account, who gives af who gives the card to the waiter. Its all coming out of the same account. OR, if you are using your separate account, that would be dope if you showed the male that you care about the evening just as much as he does.

thats all i got for now.

Hmmm...

I agree with this wholeheartedly

money doesn't play a role per se, but their attitudes towards it certainly does.

just b/c you got your income tax dont mean its time for another LV purse. Remember, its not a gift from the government, its YOUR money they are giving back to you. I'm not saying you gotta invest it or anything like that, but dont be so quick to just go out and buy a big ticket item like that.

or, you really dont have a concept about how to budget. I've found that with some women, they think budgeting is a restriction on stuff they want to do, or in other words, they think you are telling them no. Budgeting allows you to take a hard look at what you are doing with your money and forces you to realize that you may have poor spending habits. You dont think every time you swipe your card at Chick fil a is a big deal, but in a month, if you've spent almost $200 on chick fil a, thats a serious problem. $200 x 12 months, and we're talking $2,400 a year just on ONE restaurant. Thats not including other out to eat spots.

or the attitude that "well i make the money, i should be able to spend it". While i am a firm believer in not working to pay bills, i also recognize that you still need to live day to day, and there is nothing wrong with planning a vacation or somewhere nice to visit, but lets come up with a plan on how to make that happen instead of waiting all the way to the summer, then deciding, "hey, we should do something" but you aint really planned anything, so now you around here taking money from Peter to pay Paul, just so that you could say you went somewhere for the summer.

I think finances scare a lot of people b/c again, it forces you to make some tough decisions. People rarely stop to think about stuff like "do i really need 100+ channels when i only watch the same 10?" I'm not gon even mention kodi b/c thats a dead giveaway, but even if you compare a netflix, amazon prime, hulu subscription at roughly $30 a month for a year, you are winning. Sure, you might not get ALL the channels you want, but i bet b/t the three, you will find most of what you want, but im going on a tangent now. Let me get back on track.

I couldnt care less who makes what, again, lets see where your mind is about what to do with it.

Also, i think that its bullshit that its perceived that you are a real man if you pay for EVERYTHING ya'll do. You not the only one getting enjoyment from it, but there is this perception that you are less than a man if your lady pulls out her card for dinner or whatever activity ya'll doing. People need to let go of these traditional labels. Assuming ya'll share some sorta joint account, who gives af who gives the card to the waiter. Its all coming out of the same account. OR, if you are using your separate account, that would be dope if you showed the male that you care about the evening just as much as he does.

thats all i got for now.

Ap you dropped a lot of gems here!!!
and did it with so much grace like....

:shwag:

I can't support another adult financially that isn't my child or parent. Nothing to do with gender roles or anything tho so I ain't gonna knock other setups.

As someone who has dated men from all social and economical backgrounds, I find it easier to date men that are financially stable. I'm not saying he has to have a whole lot of money, but the way he spends his money is very important to me. His financial values and goals are important to me.

I've met magical men who rode the bus and worked low income jobs
I've had very dry conversations with men in expensive cars.
I mean money inst the prerequisite of a strong healthy relationship.

However, as I'm getting older, I'm realizing I don't want to be with someone that I have to support financially.
My mother held down the household, my grandmother held down the household
MY GIRLFRIENDS are holding it down on their own
and these women have struggled day in and day out and I want to avoid that if I can.

So yeah, I'm all for men who want to take care of their lady. I'm all for men who want to pay for most things in the relationship.
I also am for women who don't mind holding the household down because best believe women are more than capable.
I'm also for dismantling gender norms, learning how to budget and prioritize money, like AP said.

I don't want money to be the center of my relationship.

and oh, I think reciprocation is important too.
If my man pays for the date when we go out, I always offer to pay for the next one. If he buys me something, I always offer to get him something he likes. I mean men are human too and deserve to relax in the relationship and not bear all the weight of financial responsibilities.

sucks how big a role money plays in relationships but it is what it is.

Last edited:
As someone who has dated men from all social and economical backgrounds, I find it easier to date men that are financially stable. I'm not saying he has to have a whole lot of money, but the way he spends his money is very important to me. His financial values and goals are important to me.

I've met magical men who rode the bus and worked low income jobs
I've had very dry conversations with men in expensive cars.
I mean money inst the prerequisite of a strong healthy relationship.

However, as I'm getting older, I'm realizing I don't want to be with someone that I have to support financially.
My mother held down the household, my grandmother held down the household
MY GIRLFRIENDS are holding it down on their own
and these women have struggled day in and day out and I want to avoid that if I can.

So yeah, I'm all for men who want to take care of their lady. I'm all for men who want to pay for most things in the relationship.
I also am for women who don't mind holding the household down because best believe women are more than capable.
I'm also for dismantling gender norms, learning how to budget and prioritize money, like AP said.

I don't want money to be the center of my relationships.

and oh, I think reciprocation is important too.
If my man pays for the date when we go out, I always offer to pay for the next one. If he buys me something, I always offer to get him something he likes. I mean men are human too and deserve to relax in the relationship and not bear all the weight of financial responsibilities.

sucks how big a role money plays in relationships but it is what it is.
EVERYTHING u said sis

I find it hard to be in relationships with females because of finances. Females tend to spend a lot of money they want stuff constantly.

Even if a woman makes more money than me she'll spend more of it or acquire more debts that chop down her discretionary income.

So if a woman gets into a relationship with a man she has an expectation that she can spend his money on things she feels she needs and then spend her money on the things she either couldn't afford or would have to save up to get.

By myself, I'm gucci. After i take care of my bills i probably have a stack and a half left in my check and I'll let it roll over. To help me not spend money recklessly I'll take out cash like 2 bills or so and use that instead of swiping.

Money keep stacking.

I find it hard to be in relationships with females because of finances. Females tend to spend a lot of money they want stuff constantly.

Even if a woman makes more money than me she'll spend more of it or acquire more debts that chop down her discretionary income.

So if a woman gets into a relationship with a man she has an expectation that she can spend his money on things she feels she needs and then spend her money on the things she either couldn't afford or would have to save up to get.

By myself, I'm gucci. After i take care of my bills i probably have a stack and a half left in my check and I'll let it roll over. To help me not spend money recklessly I'll take out cash like 2 bills or so and use that instead of swiping.

Money keep stacking.
Lololol. What a shocker? Painting women altogether with a tarred brush, on shit like finances? I'm not surprised you attract women who are crap with money. Water seeks its own level and yours is in the toilet.

Lololol. What a shocker? Painting women altogether with a tarred brush, on shit like finances? I'm not surprised you attract women who are crap with money. Water seeks its own level and yours is in the toilet.

Your pussy too dry to be on my dick like this.

Money keep stacking.

Do you avoid relationships all together because of finances?
Do you plan on being a bachelor forever?

Back