Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should You Discipline/Raise Boys and Girls The Same Way?

Should Boy and Girls Be Raised and Disciplined The Same?

• Total voters

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner
When it comes to setting rules and disciplining children, should you approach girls the same way you would with your boys?

I say yes, personally. But I seever both sides of the fence.
Boys and girls are emotionally different so what works for one might not be as effective for the other.
But I am firm believer that the things I can controlled should be equal

No.

Boys and girls are different enough. Then coupled with the individuality of each child you have to tailor it even more to their personality. There should be basic ground rules though. I only have a son, and im hard on him already. But you have to be this day and age. But if i ever have a girl, she may soften me up, but im more worried about my wife lol.

Yes you should but rarely does it happen. I'm guilty of this cause I'm tougher on my son than I am with my daughters.

Great points being made, especially the "tailoring your parenting to each child's personality".

i think there are general rules that should be applied to both, however, something like hugging your son shouldnt be excluded in the scope of things b/c it creates an attitude that men are not supposed to show emotion.

Love the responses so far..
I only have sons, but if I had a daughter, I imagine shed have the same general rules and guidelines as her brothers. Even when it came to dating. I'll come back and expound on this later.

if i gotta little girl, imma be the exact got damn same.......

i know everybody else gonna prolly treat her different....but imma be firm as possible on that shit

No....... Females and male's are built different emotionally. I'll still bust her ass if she fucked up but I would not go as hard as I would my son. I would choke slam my son but I wouldn't do that to my daughter.

Mixed opinions. Ima add a poll to the thread.

No....... Females and male's are built different emotionally. I'll still bust her ass if she fucked up but I would not go as hard as I would my son. I would choke slam my son but I wouldn't do that to my daughter.
imma choke slam the hell outta my daughter..

foh

;;;yall really underestimating me......

however, something like hugging your son shouldnt be excluded in the scope of things b/c it creates an attitude that men are not supposed to show emotion.

Gay and suspicious^^^^

You saying this now, if Mrs. Du pop out a girl she will have you wrapped around her finger and can do no wrong in your eyes

Thats why i reaponded how i did. Im hard on my son because i know what's waiting for him out in the world. And imma make sure i do everything i can to prepare him for it. I was once a boy so i can directly relate to most of what he will experience, and i just hope he will be smart enough to heed the warnings and lessons my wife and i and giving him.

Discipline is no issue. He knows the deal and what to expect from me of he intentionally messes up. But the fact that im not a woman ill look to my wife to be the voice speaking from experience if we have a daughter. And ill give her what i can from a mans perspective. Id like to think ill be the same with her, but i know how girls/women are....imma make the extra effort to be consistent though.

Back