FEATURED Should Rich People Give Money To Their Relatives When They Ask?

test
Which media movie billionaire ain’t evil?

We are taught that all billionaires are evil narcissistic assholes that not to be liked.

Think about the guy who died in the sub.
People laughed and couldn’t wait to say how stupid he was as a billionaire.
Why couldn’t he be just stupid for getting in the sub? What does his worth have to do with it? If that’s the case, then one of them people saved up to die. No jokes for that person huh?
Yet billionaires convinced niggas that taking an experimental drug to stop from getting sick and niggas lined up with no question. Told y’all ya need boosters and the shits coming back…..y’all still in line.

Sooooo
Billionaires….good or bad? Or does it depend on the benefit they provide to you directly?
Yeah
For me it's the fact that billionaires have to do so much to get to that status for THAT amount of money. That's a lot of Ms bro. I refuse to believe every dollar was clean. Another aspect is the wealth gap. If I was ever blessed with that much amount of money I would want to help the poor and try to end homelessness. Shit never feels like a major priority for the 1 percenters of the world. They are always focused on making more money. Like it's never enough. No matter who they hurt in the end to get it. But I don't believe they can't change.

I get what he’s saying from the aspect of someone that has 6,7,8, 10 figures.

But..

What’s the point of generation wealth, if you don’t incorporate the generation?

With black folks it’s no such thing as neopotism except in sports. It’s the if I can you can too. Now I get it every other month you don’t want to give loans for houses and frivolous things I really do. But I don’t see why only rappers talk about this. Does a Bill Gates or Warren Buffett speak on this. People in other culture look out for the fam. I thought we wanted unity.

We talking billions like can a billionaire go broke in reality?

Im sure Jay took care of those hes close with...

If I got Jay Z bread I'll make sure my close family all got a nice/safe place to live and reliable car and a job if they need it... And my real close family livin lavish...

I dont wanna be hounded at every family gathering with a play when you know if youre in Jay's position you got mad investments already...

The documentary "Broke" was made for a reason.

Most rich muhfuckas go broke because family stay suckin em dry when they find out there's money around. Not saying Jay gotta to give every 1st and 2nd cousin, aunt/uncle, step-brother, and sister-in-law a check, but there should be some sort of look out there.

With that, there's always a caveat to it, and family reunions shouldn't be "step into my office time." Migga might as well be The Godfather.

Last edited:
For me it's the fact that billionaires have to do so much to get to that status for THAT amount of money. That's a lot of Ms bro. I refuse to believe every dollar was clean. Another aspect is the wealth gap. If I was ever blessed with that much amount of money I would want to help the poor and try to end homelessness. Shit never feels like a major priority for the 1 percenters of the world. They are always focused on making more money. Like it's never enough. No matter who they hurt in the end to get it. But I don't believe they can't change.
Is every dollar you earn clean?🤨

Don't seem like the issue is helping family the issue is being seen as a walking ATM that should just give out money whenever. And as nice as it may seem you can condition people to be more helpless than helpful doing that.

Jay dies a lot of good things but people want to only see the bad or make the hood not good enough and could have done more.

Like bruh became a major problem when he became a billionaire. Can we talk about shooting his brother more or his drug dealing days?
He ain’t shit cuz he got money. That’s crazy.

Jay far along enough in the game that as his family you shouldn't be asking him for anything cause if he wanted to have you he would already.

Speaking for myself I don't think immediate and close family should have to ask you for shit if you got it. You should actively be lifting them up.

I couldn't be up billi's and have disdain for my family like that but that's just me.

That said my definition of who I see as my family may be different than others. I'm the one in my family that doesn't know or talk to anyone outside my immediate family if I don't have to. So it might just be easier from my pov cause I've mentally closed off and trimmed that fat already.

Jay far along enough in the game that as his family you shouldn't be asking him for anything cause if he wanted to have you he would already.

Speaking for myself I don't think immediate and close family should have to ask you for shit if you got it. You should actively be lifting them up.

I couldn't be up billi's and have disdain for my family like that but that's just me.

That said my definition of who I see as my family may be different than others. I'm the one in my family that doesn't know or talk to anyone outside my immediate family if I don't have to. So it might just be easier from my pov cause I've mentally closed off and trimmed that fat already.
M
I think folks are viewing this like how they view the relatives that come around after you made. And I don’t think money should be given whenever its asked. And I don’t think setting up a fund where the family can draw from would make anything easier.

M
I think folks are viewing this like how they view the relatives that come around after you made. And I don’t think money should be given whenever its asked. And I don’t think setting up a fund where the family can draw from would make anything easier.
Like I said for me personally nobody would be asking me for anything at all cause I'd already be lifting them up.

Definitely not just having some fund they can draw out of or some lazy shit like that either tho.

Reactions: SeaSnake and Inori
Like I said for me personally nobody would be asking me for anything at all cause I'd already be lifting them up.

Definitely not just having some fund they can draw out of or some lazy shit like that either tho.

And the thing like say if I give grandma a certain amount to be divided I shouldn’t hear shit from my cousin because he got his share.

Lol I’m thinking if this like in some medieval family dynasty shit but that ain’t always work. Like what if cuz had a good plan and it just fell through. Do I gotta give him another loan?

At the end of the day, rapper turned Billionaire mogul, investor, is frustrated that family members keep trying to get him to invest in their ideas.

You could say........

he's knocking their hustle....

yeah-csi-miami.gif

And the thing like say if I give grandma a certain amount to be divided I shouldn’t hear shit from my cousin because he got his share.

Lol I’m thinking if this like in some medieval family dynasty shit but that ain’t always work. Like what if cuz had a good plan and it just fell through. Do I gotta give him another loan?
Nah but you still gotta invest in your people to keep them growing so when they do come to you it's not a "sigh".

That said don’t wait until a family gathering to approach me about business. Playing your kin close at a fam jam on some business shit is nasty.

If that's where Jay or anyone else is coming from I feel that.

All this shit easy to say on the couch without it tho🤷🏿‍♂️

What I got out of what Jay said was have a plan. A real plan. Not some goofy ass “I’mma flip it” deal because that’s bullshit. I believe that if he sees you have a great and profitable idea, he’d invest… but when you walk up like “let me get $4800,” it’s low key disrespectful to his time and money. No matter how much money he has. He’s not anybody’s atm. Nor is anyone entitled to his cash simply because they’re related or simply because he has a lot of it.

And everybody’s family ain’t the same so just because someone else might be MC Hammer to their family doesn’t mean Jay will.

Also there’s no telling how often he’s called for money from family. Probably don’t even get a “hey how are you doing.” It’s probably just immediately, “yo I neeed xyz.” People act like that a lot. And will burn through their own money then need you to pay for their dreams and responsibilities.

Also, not to be an ass… but $4800 is something you can get on your own. If you have no drive to earn and pull together $4800, how tf you talking about flipping to millions? How?

Woulda made more sense for the cousin to ask for a higher amount and step to him with a real business plan. Something he’s done research on, has figured out costs, and profitability.

Just speaking my mind on this btw. Not debating and I’m not changing my mind. People with money are often seen as the savior of the friend groups or families while some of the others barely do what they need to do to get ahead. You get to a point where you want people to step to you correct or not at all.

What I got out of what Jay said was have a plan. A real plan. Not some goofy ass “I’mma flip it” deal because that’s bullshit. I believe that if he sees you have a great and profitable idea, he’d invest… but when you walk up like “let me get $4800,” it’s low key disrespectful to his time and money. No matter how much money he has. He’s not anybody’s atm. Nor is anyone entitled to his cash simply because they’re related or simply because he has a lot of it.

And everybody’s family ain’t the same so just because someone else might be MC Hammer to their family doesn’t mean Jay will.

Also there’s no telling how often he’s called for money from family. Probably don’t even get a “hey how are you doing.” It’s probably just immediately, “yo I neeed xyz.” People act like that a lot. And will burn through their own money then need you to pay for their dreams and responsibilities.

Also, not to be an ass… but $4800 is something you can get on your own. If you have no drive to earn and pull together $4800, how tf you talking about flipping to millions? How?

Woulda made more sense for the cousin to ask for a higher amount and step to him with a real business plan. Something he’s done research on, has figured out costs, and profitability.

Just speaking my mind on this btw. Not debating and I’m not changing my mind. People with money are often seen as the savior of the friend groups or families while some of the others barely do what they need to do to get ahead. You get to a point where you want people to step to you correct or not at all.
All this
Right on point

Reactions: oorhonda
Yesterday, I was just thinking about how I want to get to the point where I can give away 90% of my annual income and still be living good, so I'm definitely not sympathetic to rich misers.

That said, I don't see anything wrong with what Jay said. I do believe that if you have a lot of money, you should be generous with it. That said, I also believe people should give on their own terms. They shouldn't have to feel constantly pressured by people to give to them. If I was in his position, I probably wouldn't even bother going to family events.

People talking about "If I was a billionaire, my family would be rich too." Really, so if you were a billionaire, you'd be ok with your third cousin twice removed that didn't even like your line of the family when you were coming up always hitting you up for money every time there was a family event?
‼️‼️‼️

Don't seem like the issue is helping family the issue is being seen as a walking ATM that should just give out money whenever. And as nice as it may seem you can condition people to be more helpless than helpful doing that.

Agreed!