FEATURED Should Rich People Give Money To Their Relatives When They Ask?

test

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner
Jan 14, 2017
The Burbs
People on Twitter are killing Jay for saying he goes to family gatherings for peace and shouldn't have to deal with cousins asking for money.

I know a slew of y’all are gonna come in here talking about family being leeches and hatingand stuff. But if I was a billionaire my family being taken care of like the Lannisters. That’s enough money to have all extended family taken care of. Nighas copped your albums

Last edited:
I would like to think that if I was not only billionaire but also still making millions of dollars a year, I would take care of all my family.

That said, no one likes to be taken advantage of. For me, I hate that shit. Do what you want, but never make me feel like im a sucker. No coming back from that.

This aint to defend Jay or rich people cause fuck rich people.

Its just very human to not want to feel like mfers are taking advantage of you or not being their genuine selves with you cause they want something. Especially if thats family.

He should be able to chill with his family without being hounded for money.

this

If I had it like that I'd help the fam out but theres a time and place for everything

if we at the family reunion chilling then I dont want you coming up to me about that shit while im just trying to relax and have a normal ass day with the fam for a change.

I know a slew of y’all are gonna come in here talking about family being leeches and Tera and stuff. But if I was a billionaire my family being taken care of like the Lannisters. That’s enough money to have all extended family taken care of. Nighas copped your albums

For real. Never gotta worry about the bottom falling out.

It's a bit off topic but one I hated hearing was mfers talk about how they won't give their kids money or room after a certain age because they have to learn to swim on their own. Like, when the fuck did the world get that simple? I wish tf I would let this world swallow my kid up like that. They will forever have a place to stay if they need it. If I didn't raise them well enough to want to do for themselves that's on me anyway.

I would like to think that if I was not only billionaire but also still making millions of dollars a year, I would take care of all my family.

That said, no one likes to be taken advantage of. For me, I hate that shit. Do what you want, but never make me feel like im a sucker. No coming back from that.

This aint to defend Jay or rich people cause fuck rich people.

Its just very human to not want to feel like mfers are taking advantage of you or not being their genuine selves with you cause they want something. Especially if thats family.

Very valid point here. Like the fakery nobody likes even if you have the means. And you don’t want folks asking for exotic cars and etc.

Reactions: AZTG
Once he got the Basquiat lace front

i laughed

but jay insinuated that this imaginary cousin is immature and not a serious person, so why make that “investment”?

i get it

Last edited:
this

If I had it like that I'd help the fam out but theres a time and place for everything

if we at the family reunion chilling then I dont want you coming up to me about that shit while im just trying to relax and have a normal ass day with the fam for a change.

But when is the time and place. If they don’t see you like that? I feel you because I don’t want to be asked at the dinner table. But when does cuz ask?

For real. Never gotta worry about the bottom falling out.

It's a bit off topic but one I hated hearing was mfers talk about how they won't give their kids money or room after a certain age because they have to learn to swim on their own. Like, when the fuck did the world get that simple? I wish tf I would let this world swallow my kid up like that. They will forever have a place to stay if they need it. If I didn't raise them well enough to want to do for themselves that's on me anyway.
I been saying for years, this mentality comes from 2 places. People bitter that their kids have an easier life. And that fake touch love that white people preach in interviews or online but dont really ever practice, but a lot of black people dont live around these people and dont know that they dont follow it and but are trying to imitate a lie in order to reach success.

They'l brag how their kids left for college then after graduating, didnt move back cuz they got their own spot and a good job somewhere. But they'll leave out how they bought their kid a brand new car for college, then paid their tuition/bill, then after they graduated, pays their rent or bought them a house, then got them a well paying job they werent qualified for.

I personally knew quite a few white kids with a story like this. Parents straight up bought them a house cash after high school, or bought an apartment, and they then rented it to their kids real cheap. These are most of the kids yall kicking you kids out at 18 and expecting them to compete with and wondering why they arnt as successful.

Edit: I forgot to add the shit about Lil Romeo and Master P that got exposed. I remember him being on MTV Cribs braggin how his room in his house cost a million dollars. Spent a whole mill just to have gold in his room and was giving houses to his rapper friends, than years later, he wouldnt even buy his kids a car to get started in life, they gotta get a ride or ride the bus. Got Romeo online saying his siblings couldnt even afford to go to school cuz he wouldnt pay for it. He wants them to do it all on their own. Df is the point of being rich if ya kids gotta struggle like you are broke. Thats the definition of a ho ass nigga.

Yesterday, I was just thinking about how I want to get to the point where I can give away 90% of my annual income and still be living good, so I'm definitely not sympathetic to rich misers.

That said, I don't see anything wrong with what Jay said. I do believe that if you have a lot of money, you should be generous with it. That said, I also believe people should give on their own terms. They shouldn't have to feel constantly pressured by people to give to them. If I was in his position, I probably wouldn't even bother going to family events.

People talking about "If I was a billionaire, my family would be rich too." Really, so if you were a billionaire, you'd be ok with your third cousin twice removed that didn't even like your line of the family when you were coming up always hitting you up for money every time there was a family event?