Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should rappers help give back to founding members or the artform?

Should rappers help give back to founding members.

• Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
Yall really forgetting that old hiphop acts tour overseas and make a killing all the time? What stopped them from doing that? And if Swizz wants to donate a million dollars, he can do it himself without his standard of living changing. So whats been stopping him from shooting them some dollas

Thing is, old rock and soul singers still get compensation today because of all the samples.

Also that was a different time, hip hop is the youngest mainstream popular genre and the pioneers are still alive.

The contracts back then were waay different because rap was not seen as something that was here to stay. I'd be surprised if it even said 5k in the contract.

These mfs are paying extortion money to crips, throwing money to thots for putting their pussy on live, and doing all kinds of reckless shit with their money.

Cashapp a dollar or two to the pioneers so I don't have to look at depressing pics like this

View attachment 280669
Jaz O is signed to Roc Nation now

My only issue with this is Swizz talking, but is he putting any of his money to help old rappers? Does he have a plan in place? If not he just looking to grab a headline

Wild shit. Cause this is usually reversed. Corona times be flipping shit
right.....but the moment i call dudes lazy ....i got 3/4 of the site coming at my neck.

i see imma have to pull up on a few people.

i mean....alot of folk in NYC catch the train.....but i think too many niggas are about keeping it real.

this is also why .....we cant really be talking about why black folk do whatever to get money when you a trailblazer more times than not....they end up broke and forgotten.

verbal homage and respect dont pay the bills

Getting a job after your fall off pay bills better than being a trailblazing panhandler!

I'll say this. No they shouldn't for everyday living for those founding people but if they claim they love the hip hop culture and founding person has a health crisis and can't pay for a surgery or some type of hospital bill. Then yes some folks should all chip and get that taken care of. They do it for other shit and those people sometimes don't give a fuck about hip hop as a culture or rap music.

My only issue with this is Swizz talking, but is he putting any of his money to help old rappers? Does he have a plan in place? If not he just looking to grab a headline

Back