Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should rappers help give back to founding members or the artform?

Should rappers help give back to founding members.

• Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
Nah. I get what he saying but he wrong

All we need to do is give them the proper respect and recognition.

Lotta ppl been fucked with shitty contracts, Hip Hop ain't no different
Thing is, old rock and soul singers still get compensation today because of all the samples.

Also that was a different time, hip hop is the youngest mainstream popular genre and the pioneers are still alive.

The contracts back then were waay different because rap was not seen as something that was here to stay. I'd be surprised if it even said 5k in the contract.

These mfs are paying extortion money to crips, throwing money to thots for putting their pussy on live, and doing all kinds of reckless shit with their money.

Cashapp a dollar or two to the pioneers so I don't have to look at depressing pics like this

download (2).jpeg

Thing is, old rock and soul singers still get compensation today because of all the samples.

Also that was a different time, hip hop is the youngest mainstream popular genre and the pioneers are still alive.

The contracts back then were waay different because rap was not seen as something that was here to stay. I'd be surprised if it even said 5k in the contract.

These mfs are paying extortion money to crips, throwing money to thots for putting their pussy on live, and doing all kinds of reckless shit with their money.

Cashapp a dollar or two to the pioneers so I don't have to look at depressing pics like this

View attachment 280669

Should have signed his contract

Is that Jaz-O?

Michael-Scott-Failing-to-Hold-In-Laughter.gif

View attachment 280669
i mean....alot of folk in NYC catch the train.....but i think too many niggas are about keeping it real.

this is also why .....we cant really be talking about why black folk do whatever to get money when you a trailblazer more times than not....they end up broke and forgotten.

verbal homage and respect dont pay the bills

I think if niggas had REALLY put in the energy and money into creating a gotdamn UNION, like they should've done 25 years ago, then we wouldn't be in this position.
they didnt even know it would have got this big.

you thinking about how you live now....not how they lived then.

next thing you know you gonna say is they shoulda googled "how to start a union"

I think if niggas had REALLY put in the energy and money into creating a gotdamn UNION, like they should've done 25 years ago, then we wouldn't be in this position.
25 years ago was in the middle of the east/ west coast beef.

Not sure they could make it happen

they didnt even know it would have got this big.

you thinking about how you live now....not how they lived then.

next thing you know you gonna say is they shoulda googled "how to start a union"

I disagree. The timing is EXACTLY why I said 25 years ago. I think the mid-90's was when hip hop reached a point - financially and in terms of cultural currency - that it kinda became undeniable that hip hop was not only here to stay, but was gonna be the dominant form of music. Somewhere around then, somebody should've had the foresight to say 'Ok, shit has stabilized to the point that we can stop JUST looking out for right now. It's time to really lay a blueprint for the ultimate survival of this shit so that we can be able to feed ourselves off the work we put in when we're young, like niggas in every other industry.'

25 years ago was in the middle of the east/ west coast beef.

Not sure they could make it happen

Good point. That wasn't an ideal time. But shit, what about that period of time RIGHT after all that shit died down? I dunno if niggas remember, but when the beef died down, there was kinda this kumbaya period in hip hop, where niggas was holding hands and shit, doing records, etc. Niggas was so shook up after Pac and Big dying, niggas was all best friends.

Sounds like the perfect time to form a gotdamn union.

Last edited:
I disagree. The timing is EXACTLY why I said 25 years ago. I think the mid-90's was when hip hop reached a point - financially and in terms of cultural currency - that it kinda became undeniable that hip hop was not only here to stay, but was gonna be the dominant form of music. Somewhere around then, somebody should've had the foresight to say 'Ok, shit has stabilized to the point that we can stop JUST looking out for right now. It's time to really lay a blueprint for the ultimate survival of this shit so that we can be able to feed ourselves off the work we put in when we're young, like niggas in every other industry.'
bruh ....we got dudes still waiting to make ends meet with stimulus checks.

niggas came at my neck for wanting them to invest......

but you thinking they would be any better 25 yrs ago?

niggas dont listen

Back then or right now... there probably should be an artist/writer/producer union

Back