Should kids be free to express themselves through style?

not allowing something is not the same as attacking it.

saying "i don't want my son dressed like that" is expressing your personal opinion...that is not an attack on anyone else....that is your preference...

the problem with the world is yall want us to like things we just don't like.....

why is it wrong to say you don't like something?

"I don't like men wearing skinny jeans, dying their hair, or doing things that i consider over feminine. My son will not be doing that"

there is no attack in that statement...just an expression of preferences....

if you press the argument, there may more than likely be some existing biases, but at the statement level it shouldn't be treated as an attack.....and that's a huge problem....because people only seem to stand behind their beliefs when you hit the most close to home......

the world can do what they want...as long as me and mines are good, i can care less.....

cuz i mean in cain's defense.....he's only speaking out on what his son and his household will indulge in....dude ain't say shit about the rest of the world....

if he was saying NOBODY should do that shit, and they ALL should kill themselves....then yea that's a bit intolerant.... but if he's only speaking out about him and his, that's not an attack or intolerance.....that's a line....

respect the line

ok so are you working to change your views on masculinity?

no.

my point still stands.

good day BDPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I cant wait till the day you and your son are walking through the girls section in target...
and he picks up a pink frill dress and says loud as fuck "mommy I want to wear dresses they are pretty, can you buy it for me?"

at that moment you will realize we aint "rigid, colonized mind niggas"

I guess it depends on what my kid wants to wear. I'm not a fan of skinny jeans, but I do buy a slim cut jean for my son. It's not super tight, but my kid doesn't look un-stylish.

Compromise...

larger tagent, this is why trump was allowed to win....

people for so long are being told, you can't say tis, you can't do that... you have to allow that...

censoring people's opinions on shit.....

this is how Donald Trump was allowed to win the country over......

what do

archie bunker
richard pryor
al bundy
stone cold steve austin
the rock
chris rock
dave chapelle

i could go on and on and on.......when people are constantly told that they can't speak out on something...the first person who doesn't give a fuck is looked at as a hero...and more times than not they go the extra mile because the reaction is so frustrated....

yall pushing people soooo hard to not speak out about this shit... you get outbursts like Cain's.....

now the whole thing starts to become the attack that would have never been provoked if you just allow people to have their space....

like i'd be a fool to think racism doesn't exist.... but i much rather yall keep it bottled up and to yourself than to be all out in the fucking open with it....

which is gonna end up happening very soon....i'm sure of it

I cant wait till the day you and your son are walking through the girls section in target...
and he picks up a pink frill dress and says loud as fuck "mommy I want to wear dresses they are pretty, can you buy it for me?"

at that moment you will realize we aint "rigid, colonized mind niggas"

If you teach your sons about sex, sexuality and gender expression early on these hypothetical situations----- like the one you just gave
wont exist.

larger tagent, this is why trump was allowed to win....

people for so long are being told, you can't say tis, you can't do that... you have to allow that...

censoring people's opinions on shit.....

this is how Donald Trump was allowed to win the country over......

what do

archie bunker
richard pryor
al bundy
stone cold steve austin
the rock
chris rock
dave chapelle

i could go on and on and on.......when people are constantly told that they can't speak out on something...the first person who doesn't give a fuck is looked at as a hero...and more times than not they go the extra mile because the reaction is so frustrated....

yall pushing people soooo hard to not speak out about this shit... you get outbursts like Cain's.....

now the whole thing starts to become the attack that would have never been provoked if you just allow people to have their space....

like i'd be a fool to think racism doesn't exist.... but i much rather yall keep it bottled up and to yourself than to be all out in the fucking open with it....

which is gonna end up happening very soon....i'm sure of it

Trump won because of racial backlash.
there is nothing america couldve done to prevent a trump presidency.
it falls right in-line with history.

Him winning has nothing to do with censorship DU.

It has to do with White nationalism and white folks banning together to protect these institutions that have been killing Black and Brown folks for years

whits folks been saying headass, derogatory shit *OUTLOUD* for centuries.

stop.
this is a false equivalency and a dangerous one at that sir.

Trump won because of racial backlash.
there is nothing america could have done to prevent a trump presidency.
it falls right in-line with history.

Him winning has nothing to do with censorship DU.

It has to do with White nationalism and white folks banning together to protect these institutions that have been killing Black and Brown folks for years

whits folks been saying headass, derogatory shit *OUTLOUD* for centuries.

stop.
this is a false equivalency and a dangerous one at that sir.

don't think the soup has just one ingredient....
:think:

"trump says what everybody is thinking" was an EXTREMELY popular phrase that was heavily circulated throughout the media the entire campaign

many people who didn't even agree with trump were buying into that shit just off of principal...ths shit gets deeper.....

you not gonna change people views on things Race...i'm sorry, you're just no.... but what you will do is make people not wanna discuss their views in fear of persecution.....

that's why perceived anonymous boards like this flourish

don't think the soup has just one ingredient....
:think:

"trump says what everybody is thinking" was an EXTREMELY popular phrase that was heavily circulated throughout the media the entire campaign

many people who didn't even agree with trump were buying into that shit just off of principal...ths shit gets deeper.....

you not gonna change people views on things Race...i'm sorry, you're just no.... but what you will do is make people not wanna discuss their views in fear of persecution.....

that's why perceived anonymous boards like this flourish

so *people* like me are the cause of white people voting for Trump????

"Trump says whats everybody is thinking" was a popular phrase because America is grossly ignorant.

we have a culture of ignorance.

that's why it was popular.

nothing more, nothing less.

and I think we need to be clear and concise here on why he won.

it was the electoral college that gave us a trump victory.

a century year old institution used for the sole purpose of railroading Black folks after they were given the right to vote.

My kid 5 so she mostly want to wear cute and pretty stuff i let her mom handle the hair. When she gets older and cares about that stuff id pretty much let her rock anything that isnt too grown or sexy. Now if she develops at a young age then ill talk with her mom about it so i know what to get. World is harsh on black girls and clothes.

Reactions: Reesey
so *people* like me are the cause of white people voting for Trump????

"Trump says whats everybody is thinking" was a popular phrase because America is grossly ignorant.

we have a culture of ignorance.

that's why it was popular.

nothing more, nothing less.

and I think we need to be clear and concise here on why he won.

it was the electoral college that gave us a trump victory.

a century year old institution used for the sole purpose of railroading Black folks after they were given the right to vote.

my point is this...

just like you request people to be tolerant of your opinions, you have to be tolerant of others....everybody ain't gonna like certain shit.....and people who are asking for tolerance seem to have 0 tolerance for those who feel differently....it's by definition counterproductive of the entire discussion.....

it's okay for people to not like certain shit....and it's becoming dangerously destructive when people refuse to acknowledge that

the "gay agenda" is very real, and it feels as if it's politically incorrect to have any opinions that are less than 100% supportive of anything lgbtq..

like last night.... for absolutely no reason whatsoever they made two straight highly popular and likable characters become gay lovers on a tv show in a dream sequence....it was never explained, expounded on, nothing...in fact the joke was a challenge...

"yea we're both her father's....you gotta problem with that?"

i was dumbfounded.....land if i even ask why.....i'd be attacked for it....

like it's considered offensive to be uncomfortable.....shit's just getting unrealistic...and when you start allowing unrealistic shit as the norm....prepare for a shitstorm

my point is this...

just like you request people to be tolerant of your opinions, you have to be tolerant of others....everybody ain't gonna like certain shit.....and people who are asking for tolerance seem to have 0 tolerance for those who feel differently....it's by definition counterproductive of the entire discussion.....

let me stop you right here.

just because I debate you doesn't mean I don't respect your opinions.

I think this is unfair.

I dont talk foul, I dont call you stupid, I dont belittle you any way, shape or form.

everyone debates.

I dont feel bad when Cain calls me a goofy nigga

or says he wants to join the KKK after my post.

I dont get mad when Goldie says some harsh shit. I could, but I dont.

Im not here to change your views. thats the thing.

we all gon eat whether you agree with me or not.

Im just speaking how I feel, just like you speak how you feel.

I mean. I think this is an unfair assertion.

let me stop you right here.

just because I debate you doesn't mean I don't respect your opinions.

I think this is unfair.

I dont talk foul, I dont call stupid, I dont belittle you any way, shape or form.

everyone debates.

I dont feel bad when Cain calls me a goofy nigga

or says he wants to join the KKK after my post.

I dont get mad when Goldie says some harsh shit. I could, but I dont.

Im not here to change your views. thats the thing.

we all gon eat whether you agree with me or not.

Im just speaking how I feel, just like you speak how you feel.

I mean. I think this is an unfair assertion.

I call everyone goofy nigga it's a term of endearment.

My parents let us sag and wear du rags before school. I dont got any issue with a boy dying his hair or skinny jeans its the style. Not worried about some fake emasculation theory

Reactions: Joshie Kahn