Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
Points For Capital Punishment:

1. It helps the victims' families achieve closure.

2. The death penalty deters crime.
  3. Execution prevents the accused from committing further crimes.
  4. The death penalty should apply as punishment for first-degree murder; an eye for an eye.
5. Execution helps alleviate the overcrowding of prisons.

Points Against Capital Punishment:

1. State-sanctioned killing is wrong.
  2. The death penalty is a financial burden on the state.
  3. Wrongful convictions are irreversible.
  4. The death penalty can produce irreversible miscarriages of justice.

The only reason I am against it, is because someone could be wrongly convicted and have to lose their life.

Though I am not a fan of people killing one another in any way. Some of the crimes people commit towards others, mfs need to die. Like recently, the guy who shot into a car and killed an 8 year old girl. He gotta go!

Even if they did do it, it's still wrong. People can change. If taking a life is wrong, how u gonna use it as corrective action?

It's an excuse to treat people like animals.

It's easy to say in your current position. If somebody murdered ur close family member, I wonder if you'd be singing the "oh he can change" tune.

I'm a sucker for kids. Any harm towards a kid is hard to forgive. To just snatch a child's life away means you have no regard for life. So why should they even be given the opportunity to change.

Higher Power forbid anything happens to my child. I would want the person to rot in jail. I think death is too good of an escape for some killers. I want the shit to haunt you.

It's easy to say in your current position. If somebody murdered ur close family member, I wonder if you'd be singing the "oh he can change" tune.
True. Watch the Inside Death Row doc, the one with Trevor Mcdonald, it's on YouTube. It's good.

Although expensive to taxpayers, making someone a prisoner the rest of his or her life is the cruelest and most effective punishment you can give.

Last edited:
I think it's a very cruel and fucking weird form of punishment. I hate the death penalty.

I hate prisons altogether. I mean what closure comes from the person who harmed you dying? The pain doesn't go away. Your loved one is not coming back.

I even heard Mississippi was moving towards a firing squad. Like what in the holy hell?

Humans man. smh

Last edited:
How is life in prison effective?

I wouldn't say effective, but it is the cruelest.

Getting old in prison knowing that the outside world is passing you by and having to reflect on your mistake everyday is heavy.

I see death as a way to escape punishment.

Yeah being executed will hurt for a few minutes, but I am sure other people in history have went out in worst ways.

Reactions: B_A
I'm anti-prisons & I strongly oppose the death penalty. certain cases make me question my stances but the reality is the government/justice system don't deserve the power to end any life. The system is too corrupt/unreliable.

Too many innocent people get railroaded & too many juries make mistakes. Locking people up on a mistake can be reversed, killing them can't.

Restraining our thirst for vengeance in cases as clear as ones like Dylann roof is the price we should pay to prevent the execution of an innocent person later.

Reactions: B_A
I wouldn't say effective, but it is the cruelest.

Getting old in prison knowing that the outside world is passing you by and having to reflect on your mistake everyday is heavy.

I see death as a way to escape punishment.

Yeah being executed will hurt for a few minutes, but I am sure other people in history have went out in worst ways.

Locking someone up for life is silly as hell for me.

Why do you like cruel and inhumane forms of punishment?

An example of the world passing a prisoner by...

I am sure you heard of Fleece Johnson.

When homie made an appearance on that documentary, saying that "booty is more important to him than water", I bet homie had no idea that shit would go viral.

That nigga probably has no idea about the Internet.

He has been locked up since the late 70's I think.

No one is going to take him seriously when he gets out.

He probably wouldn't want to leave anyways.

Even though what I presented is an extreme case, it is cruel because homie became a celebrity for the wrong reasons, LOL.

An example of the world passing a prisoner by...

I am sure you heard of Fleece Johnson.

When homie made an appearance on that documentary, saying that "booty is more important to him than water", I bet homie had no idea that shit would go viral.

That nigga probably has no idea about the Internet.

He has been locked up since the late 70's I think.

No one is going to take him seriously when he gets out.

He probably wouldn't want to leave anyways.

Even though what I presented is an extreme case, it is cruel because homie became a celebrity for the wrong reasons, LOL.

giphy (10).gif

fleece-johnson.png

What would be your form of punishment for someone who murdered an individual?

@Race Jones

I don't mind housing for violent offenders such as murderers.
HOUSING THAT DOESN'T RESEMBLE OR OPERATE like the prisons we see today.
Prisons in this country are ran poorly, violate people's human rights, and are an overall failure.
Prisons don't reduce crime.

Violent offenders should be incarcerated and I'm not talking about years and years on end.
They should be incarcerated for a certain amount of time (no longer than 10 years) and the experience should be restorative, informative, and centered around healing.

The reality is prisons do not address our responsibility as a collective to end socioeconomic ills that produce certain behaviors
What perpetuates crime? when we look at street crime we know there is a disproportionate amount of crime being committed by ppl with low access to resources.

Crime and unemployment are interdependent. We have a large portion of society that has created alternatives ways for survival.
Government neglect produces crime as well as other hegemonic systems that work to keep people impoverished.

We have a culture of violence in this country because we foster violence------ this includes sexual violence such as rape.

We also no longer invest in mental health institutions.
Prisons have just become a way for us to not have to deal with the issues plaguing society.

In the words of Angela Davis:
"Prison relieves us of the responsibility of seriously engaging with the problems of our society, especially those produced by racism and, increasingly, global capitalism.”

@Race Jones, I love your passion to make this world a better place.

Would like to say more, but my brain stopped working a few hours ago.

When my brain comes back online, let's talk prison reform.

Back