Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should Black Entertainers Defer To Black Activists On Black Topics

Chicity

We Don't Won't No Damn Giddy!
Site Administrator
Question:

Since black athletes and entertainers have a huge platform to bring attention to black issues. Once they have the media and part of the country attention should the athletes and entertainers defer to certain black intellectuals and activists to get the message out in regards to what black society wants, is feeling, etc.?
No because no one person speaks for what black society wants, is feeling, etc. We are not monolithic is what America needs to realize as a whole

Media doesn't need to be lead to water, they know what answers they want and will get which is why they ask certain ppl certain things.

Our entertainers and athletes who aren't very invested or knowledgable about what we as a ppl go thru should say as much and keep it moving

No because no one person speaks for what black society wants, is feeling, etc. We are not monolithic is what America needs to realize as a whole

Media doesn't need to be lead to water, they know what answers they want and will get which is why they ask certain ppl certain things.

Our entertainers and athletes who aren't very invested or knowledgable about what we as a ppl go thru should say as much and keep it moving

What's understood doesn't need to be said and if that is really the stance you want to take then nobody should speak on behalf of black people period. Everybody should speak and move as individuals.

The bold is of what I'm getting since they have the platform why not get black people who are knowledgeable and invested to speak on that platform.

That is last thing they should actually do. They just shouldn't try to seem more knowledgeable about shit than they really are if they decide to speak.

What's understood doesn't need to be said and if that is really the stance you want to take then nobody should speak on behalf of black people period. Everybody should speak and move as individuals.

The bold is of what I'm getting since they have the platform why not get black people who are knowledgeable and invested to speak on that platform.

That is last thing they should actually do. They just shouldn't try to seem more knowledgeable about shit than they really are if they decide to speak.
I think you misunderstood me fam. Or I'm misunderstanding what you're getting at

Give me an example. What black entertainer should step off they platform to let someone else speak

I think you misunderstood me fam. Or I'm misunderstanding what you're getting at

Give me an example. What black entertainer should step off they platform to let someone else speak

lebron2-4.jpg

I dont wanna tell you how to internet but you shouldn't have asked a question fam.

You should have just stated your opinion and see where the chips fell

You confused yourself. If you don't see it not my problem.

Also shouldn't have even continued if that's something you don't want to do.

Move along

Move along

I dunno where your thread went but I was responding to your question.. I been thinking about it myself and I do..I would never say this in the company of wypipo.. And I know this sounds bad but some of them arent articulate enough to speak about certain issues. They cant convey what needs to be said or what we need done. I dont want them speaking for me. We need them to bring awareness and use their platform to bring eyes to it..but once they have they need to pass it on to somebody more educated on the issues. For example, I applaud Lebron for speaking out .. but he toes the line and he cant talk worth shit. When Taylor Rooks asked him about him reading the Autobiography of Malcolm X his response was disgusting.. That should tell you all you need to know.. Their hearts are in the right place though.. And I know black people are not a monolith but we need a leader in my opinion.. We cant stay on code without one

Cool story but very extreme from Brother Malcolm.

If you think someone who entertains can't also be a leader also then Idk what to tell you b

In his rise up the NOI, you could argue some saw Malcolm himself as 'celebrity' or 'entertainer'......

If you black and can talk, use whatever platform you can get a hold of.

If I ever get lucky enough to become a celebrity...I plan on ruining it with my opinions on this shit anyway....

If I don't get cancelled from the shit I've said online already anyway

Back