Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Should a man expect his woman to love and take care of him like his mother did?

I'm still lost as to what the point of the question

You keep asking about these super extreme examples

I'm still lost as to what the point of the question

You keep asking about these super extreme examples

The point of the question is why is that a female is quoted for wanting a man like her father and have that love that her father gave her, but a man is look down (in a slight sense) when he states he wants a woman like his mother and the love like his mother gave him?

"I aint your mama" why you can't be my mama though, not her in a sense but you know? but broadcast those qualities that a son's mama shown to him

Last edited:
The point of the question is why is that a female is quoted for wanting a man like her father and have that love that her father gave her, but a man is look down (in a slight sense) when he states he wants a woman like his mother and the love like his mother gave him?

"I aint you mama" why you can't be my mama though, not her in a sense but you know? but broadcast those qualities that a son's mama shown to him
I don't love my wife like her father does...

That's the same shit... It don't change for sexes

a female is quoted for wanting a man like her father and have that love that her father gave her,
I would give her verbatim the same answer....

I ain't supposed to love her like that.

As young Kodak once quipped

She call me Daddy, but I ain't her motherfucking father...

the thing with females referencing their father is b/c prior to getting married, their father provides a sense of security and comfort

she wants that from you

you gon spank her when she get mouthy like her dad did or nah?

the thing with females referencing their father is b/c prior to getting married, their father provides a sense of security and comfort

she wants that from you

you gon spank her when she get mouthy like her dad did or nah
?

Absolutely

I would give her verbatim the same answer....

I ain't supposed to love her like that.

As young Kodak once quipped

She call me Daddy, but I ain't her motherfucking father...

But if that's the best love that she's gotten and been around, then why wouldn't you want to love her like her Daddy is doing or did??

she wants that from you

you gon spank her when she get mouthy like her dad did or nah?

But isn't security and comfort all wrapped up in the Love that her daddy is giving her??

She wants a man like her daddy, everything you said, but exclude the love from the father?? The dad's love (with all that you said wrapped inside of that) is what she wants from her bf/husband. The way her daddy expressed that to her and made her feel with his love

Am I making sense?? Help me out if I'm not

So again, what's wrong with a dude wanting from his s/o that same love and affection that his mother shares with him as a son? Especially with dudes that come from single mothers

Why does it have to be anything short of this??

Last edited:
But if that's the best love that she's gotten and been around, then why wouldn't you want to love her like her Daddy is doing or did??
Cuz I'm not her father.

I'm willing to love her, but it's different. It's going to be a totally different kind of love all together

But isn't security and comfort all wrapped up in the Love that her daddy is giving her??

She wants a man like her daddy, everything you said, but exclude the love from the father?? The dad's love (with all that you said wrapped inside of that) is what she wants from her bf/husband. The way her daddy expressed that to her and made her feel with his love

Am I making sense?? Help me out if I'm not

So again, what's wrong with a dude wanting from his s/o that same love and affection that his mother shares with him as a son? Especially with dudes that come from single mothers

Why does it have to be anything short of this??
Naw you definitely don't have it right.

People are only capable of expressing the kind of love they feel... You can't copy some one else's love..... That's not love..

Love you individual and personal... It originated from the bond of those two specific people. You don't love any two people the same.. Its different from person to person.

They love you their way, imma love you my way....

Every body different bruh, that means everybody love differently

Cuz I'm not her father.

I'm willing to love her, but it's different. It's going to be a totally different kind of love all together

True, 1000% right about that, you are not her father, but you have the ability to love her like her father loved her or better.

If that lady grew up with only her dad in her life, and you coming along as the next man she knows, (start a relationship with her) and you give her half or 1/3 of the love her daddy showered her with coming up as a child, do you really think she's going to be in it for the long haul with you??

Your 1/3 or (different) love isn't the same love that she's use to

People are only capable of expressing the kind of love they feel... You can't copy some one else's love..... That's not love..

Love you individual and personal... It originated from the bond of those two specific people. You don't love any two people the same.. Its different from person to person.

Are we not copying one's action as we live on this earth?? Are we not mini-copy machines?

Loving somebody is a form of copying, you see the love your mom and daddy or whoever had, and you want to do the same with your s/o, copying that action.

Everybody's different, you're right, but I think when it comes to loving someone, it's a one way path. I don't see multiple pathways of love, (just an opinion)

The love that a child gets from their parents is something that should never leave them and that person that they get involved with, should pick that up and continue on that wave, why switch it up or display a different type of love??

I'll provide an example. Say a woman has a father who is very protective of her and does his best to keep her away from danger and safe. To the point she feels helpless . She loves her dad and understand his motives, she's his baby girl and he'll never last any one or anything hurt her.

That's cool as a kid, but she an adult now. Daddy ain't always there. She meets a dude who is all about guns and combat. He teaches her to shoot and fight where as her father would never put that on his princess. The gun dude falls in love with her and keeps her safe by teaching her to protect herself. And make her feel empowered. He now looks at her like his partner, his equal.

Where as Daddy feels like the husband should protect his daughter and is horrified at the idea of her having the confidence to protect herself. The husband feels like the father kept her weak and loves her new found strength.

There's really not a wrong perspective, as each loves and wants to keep her safe .They just gave their own individual reasons

You mentioned one can love their wife differently than the wife's dad does.

Some of the things her dad did for her, and you found out or she told you, would you not wanna do those things for your wife if she felt a certain way when her father would do those things for her?

If her father dies, RIP, then that love that she received, those things, joy moments when he did what he did for her dies with him??

A spouse is not supposed to fill in for a parent.

The roles they face in that person's life are different, so the way they love them is different.

If her father dies, RIP, then that love that she received, those things, joy moments when he did what he did for her dies with him??
Yes
I am not her father nor do I aspire to be anything like him.

I love him, but I do not wish to play the role in her lifr that he did.

He loves her with everything he has, and he definitely loves her his way.

But I love her my way. My way is completely different than his, and will always be that way. When he's gone, he's gone. I'm still going to love her my way. So I expect her to always love me her way.

I don't want a second mother under any circumstances. Wife and mother are completely different in every way as they should be.

This conversation is all over the place.

Knock is right and du is right.
Its a middle ground is how you find a wife

Yes
I am not her father nor do I aspire to be anything like him.

I love him, but I do not wish to play the role in her lifr that he did.

He loves her with everything he has, and he definitely loves her his way.

But I love her my way. My way is completely different than his, and will always be that way. When he's gone, he's gone. I'm still going to love her my way. So I expect her to always love me her way.

I don't want a second mother under any circumstances. Wife and mother are completely different in every way as they should be.

I respect that.

I believe that a parent's love for their child runs deep, and that's how a s/o love should be. On that same level depth

Ex.

If babygirl wants to go and finish Law School, you already know mama or daddy giving their last, and going without for 2 to 3 years just to see her make it through

Back