serious talk about getting in over your head with something

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Apr 4, 2017
when was the last time you got into something that overwhelmed you?

when was the last time you felt you were in over your head with something?

if you never felt overwhelmed or in over your head, does that mean the person likes to take the easier route?

or a control freak that needs control? overwhelmed and in over your head is not having control over a situation.

lets talk about it

Good topic

The thing I most feel overwhelmed with is being a parent with the demands of my job being a close second.

For me, I like to think I have the ability to multitask very well however I routinely forget to expect the unexpected which puts more on my plate

Lot of bending but I don't break so when it's all said and done I feel like being overwhelmed helps me more than it hurts me

I was running a gaming league for adults back home and it popped off.

I'm not really a center of attention type of dude. The combination of being in the limelight (even to the low level I was) and the fact that my girl at the time was hating on its success made it a lot to handle.

Due to career reasons I had to dead the league, but in the future Insha'Allah when I start it back up in a new location I'll have someone else be the face while I pull the strings.

I almost just posted a pic of some crack vials

I'm a control freak. I'm a control freak AND a single parent so I'm always somehow getting into situations where I feel overwhelmed.

I tend to plan everything that I do. The itinerary for the day, bills, chores, etc.

When things don't go as I planned or unexpected things happen then that's when those feelings come up.

Sometimes (depending upon the severity of the situation) I can redirect and get back on track easily and other times I end up freaking out and having to take time to calm myself and refocus.

Thinking about this thread a little more and realized that a lot of stuff in my life that should have been hard to handle wasn't.

Poverty was wack but I could tolerate it

Street beef was kinda normal

Trippin off what colors I couldn't wear and the locations I couldn't wear them in was normal

Getting shot at was manageable

Almost dying a couple of times was manageable

But success? Definitely not something I was ready for at all

I was running a gaming league for adults back home and it popped off.

I'm not really a center of attention type of dude. The combination of being in the limelight (even to the low level I was) and the fact that my girl at the time was hating on its success made it a lot to handle.

Due to career reasons I had to dead the league, but in the future Insha'Allah when I start it back up in a new location I'll have someone else be the face while I pull the strings.

I almost just posted a pic of some crack vials
this needs to be its own thread.

people act like your mate cant be jealous of your success.

I'm a control freak. I'm a control freak AND a single parent so I'm always somehow getting into situations where I feel overwhelmed.

I tend to plan everything that I do. The itinerary for the day, bills, chores, etc.

When things don't go as I planned or unexpected things happen then that's when those feelings come up.

Sometimes (depending upon the severity of the situation) I can redirect and get back on track easily and other times I end up freaking out and having to take time to calm myself and refocus.
do you lash out at people when you lose control?
do you think you could ever relinquish control if you find the right person?

Thinking about this thread a little more and realized that a lot of stuff in my life that should have been hard to handle wasn't.

Poverty was wack but I could tolerate it

Street beef was kinda normal

Trippin off what colors I couldn't wear and the locations I couldn't wear them in was normal

Getting shot at was manageable

Almost dying a couple of times was manageable

But success? Definitely not something I was ready for at all
interesting.....
why is success the thing that was hard to deal with?

do you lash out at people when you lose control?
do you think you could ever relinquish control if you find the right person?

No. I'm pretty good at not taking my frustrations out on other people.

And though I feel it would be hard for me to trust that someone is "the right one" I feel like I may be able to let go if he showed himself strong enough to take that role.

No. I'm pretty good at not taking my frustrations out on other people.

And though I feel it would be hard for me to trust that someone is "the right one" I feel like I may be able to let go if he showed himself strong enough to take that role.
hmmm strong enough to take the role?

what does that mean?

how does someone prove they are able to be in a certain role? can they just take it over? must you allow it fully to judge if hes worthy?

when was the last time you got into something that overwhelmed you?

when was the last time you felt you were in over your head with something?

if you never felt overwhelmed or in over your head, does that mean the person likes to take the easier route?

or a control freak that needs control? overwhelmed and in over your head is not having control over a situation.

lets talk about it

Dealing with my daughter attitude. I spoiled her so now i gotta deal with it. Gotta control my emotions.

interesting.....
why is success the thing that was hard to deal with?

For most of my life it was completely alien to me and anybody around me.

You take some kinda loss daily if you grow up in poverty, so it's kind of like being innoculated against a disease. When something big comes along, you're in a place mentally where you can deal with it.

But something good happening???

No preperation for that one. If anything, you're waiting for a shoe to drop and something awful to come along and balance the scales

For most of my life it was completely alien to me and anybody around me.

You take some kinda loss daily if you grow up in poverty, so it's kind of like being innoculated against a disease. When something big comes along, you're in a place mentally where you can deal with it.

But something good happening???

No preperation for that one. If anything, you're waiting for a shoe to drop and something awful to come along and balance the scales
this is a sad reality for alot of people.
and i kinda know the feeling....only a bit tho.

Everytime I'm on call, the second to last day of my on call. After I've gotten a total of maybe 6 hours of good sleep in the past 4 days.

I usually always get an outage 1am to 4am in the morning that makes me wanna cry cause I can't think straight.