Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jenna Ortega and Jonathan Majors are both on fire right now. They can't miss

Neglectful Nightmare

PRAISE: With the absence of Neve Campbell and the last Scream movie being Mediocre I wasn't really interested in this sixth film but with the setting being in New York I had to see what part the city that never sleeps would play in the movie...but I will get to that later.
The story:Four survivors of the Ghostface murders leave Woodsboro behind for a fresh start in New York City. However, they soon find themselves in a fight for their lives when a new killer embarks on a bloody rampage.
I admire the casts commitment to the film and the likely taxing ,and blood soaked action sequences. I enjoyed the boldness of the killer it added to the complete insanity of the character. The movie presents a couple of unique and new paths. I appreciated the quick deletion of a character. There is a ton of fan service that is presented in various ways that I enjoyed. Nice nods to horror and Sci Fi films.
The witty taunts of the killer are still fun to listen too.
Some very cool kills are scattered throughout the movie.

PROBLEMS: Where was New York in this movie aside from 2 scenes? Jason Takes Manhattan made better use of using NYC as a backdrop. There are a couple of predictable moments. There's a been there done that cheesey feel throughout the film. Some absurdity after people are seemingly gutted to the extreme by the killer.
I likely won't see the next Scream film in theaters just wait for streaming and even when it drops on a service I probably won't be hyped to see it.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6½

Neglectful Nightmare

PRAISE: With the absence of Neve Campbell and the last Scream movie being Mediocre I wasn't really interested in this sixth film but with the setting being in New York I had to see what part the city that never sleeps would play in the movie...but I will get to that later.
The story:Four survivors of the Ghostface murders leave Woodsboro behind for a fresh start in New York City. However, they soon find themselves in a fight for their lives when a new killer embarks on a bloody rampage.
I admire the casts commitment to the film and the likely taxing ,and blood soaked action sequences. I enjoyed the boldness of the killer it added to the complete insanity of the character. The movie presents a couple of unique and new paths. I appreciated the quick deletion of a character. There is a ton of fan service that is presented in various ways that I enjoyed. Nice nods to horror and Sci Fi films.
The witty taunts of the killer are still fun to listen too.
Some very cool kills are scattered throughout the movie.

PROBLEMS: Where was New York in this movie aside from 2 scenes? Jason Takes Manhattan made better use of using NYC as a backdrop. There are a couple of predictable moments. There's a been there done that cheesey feel throughout the film. Some absurdity after people are seemingly gutted to the extreme by the killer.
I likely won't see the next Scream film in theaters just wait for streaming and even when it drops on a service I probably won't be hyped to see it.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6½

idk about that
85% of that movie took place at sea

Back