Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News School Shooting in Nashville

This. So much of this. I strongly believe this is a huge reason why. Their lives become publicly known and people remember them

This is the reason some publications won't name these shooters and many online places stopped posting those manifestos some left behind as well. Though we still do live in a country that is currently also trying to establish a "serial killer multiverse" in movies about real life killers. This country has always lauded and held a weird fascination with mass murderers

So gun or knife?

Granted people may be crazier, but there’s no way you’re making people less crazy. You can reduce access to guns though.

Agree or disagree?

Why weren't there more mass killings when guns were far easier to buy and machine guns were sold in every sporting goods store???

I don't even understand what is so objectionable.

The US has a mass shooting problem. People reasonably want to do something--- *anything* about it. And your first response is to make strawman arguments about taking your guns and mass knife attack fantasies.

It's not about YOU!!! Children can't even go to school without being shot!!! That's the reality. Okay? Do you have any thoughts on preventing that? We all get it. You like guns. Thats not the conversation at hand. We need as a society to push forward a way that crazy people cannot so easily access guns in this country. Do you have ANY thoughts on that? Because that's what's important to this conversation.

Last edited:
There is a direct line between how easy it is to get your hands on a gun, legally or ilegally, to how often we see these type of mass shootings take place. Spin it however you like but theres no denying that

I'll ask you the same question I asked @TheNightKing:

Why weren't there more mass killings when guns were far easier to buy and machine guns were sold in every sporting goods store???

Because social media and attention whoring weren't at an all time high, so if you weren't in an area where the news reported some fuck shit the idea may have never entered your head. Now there are whole chatrooms and shit where these fuckers can be hyped up past the "I'm thinking about it" stage. All information ain't good information.

I cant speak on what shit was like back then..and im not sure I even need to. We are talking about NOW.

Whether its the mental wellbeing or the country as a whole NOW, social media, access to more powerful/advances guns.. point to wherever. The fact remains that NOW.. the access and amount of guns is an issue. Pick a period in the past if you like... id be surprised if there wasnt a VAST difference in the amount of guns available now compared to then

The US has a mass shooting problem. People reasonably want to do something--- *anything* about it. And you're first response is to make strawman arguments about taking your guns and mass knife attack fantasies.

It's not about YOU!!! Children can't even go to school without being shot!!! That's the reality. Okay? Do you have any thoughts on preventing that? We all get it. You like guns. Thats not the conversation at hand. We need as a society to push forward a way that crazy people cannot so easily access guns in this country. Do you have ANY thoughts on that? Because that's what's important to this conversation.

We've gone over it repeatedly in similar threads: Guns can't shoot themselves. It's the person wielding the gun that's the problem. This ain't got shit to do with me "liking guns", it's about doing something meaningful to stop these nut jobs from shooting up schools and shit. Y'all literally refuse to remember that not only have I pointed this shit out, but I've gone in-depth to explain it.

Time and time again we've come to find out that many of these shooters have had previous run-ins with law enforcement where they exhibited similar behaviors or behaviors conducive to being a fuckin maniac willing to kill people. What's needed is the ability to strip someone of their ability to legally purchase guns when they've shown themselves to be mentally unstable. I stress the "legally" part because nothing will stop someone from buying a gun illegally. Red Flag laws do exist but are not enforced and it needs to be a nationwide thing.

Also, make all private gun sales go through an FBI background check just like you do when you cop from a licensed dealer. We had that law in place in Nevada and 13 other states also have it. Make that nationwide as well.

I've said this in all of these other threads that you, @Inori, and @TheNightKing have been a part of but y'all don't seem to get it.

You never stop and think that you're too emotionally invested in this topic?

Your gaslighting is insane at this point.

Your guns could be knives or bombs point is analogous to you fucking your wife's sister and when she gets upset, you excuse it away because it could have been her cousin instead.

What the fuck do completely made up scenarios have to do with the reality of the present situation? We don't have a knifing problem. We don't have a bombing problem. We do however have a gun problem. So what is your solution for that?

How do we both simultaneously preserve the 2nd amendment rights for lawful gun owners while also reducing the ability for wrongdoers to obtain guns rather legally or illegally? That's the question.

Last edited:

The US has a mass shooting problem. People reasonably want to do something--- *anything* about it. And you're first response is to make strawman arguments about taking your guns and mass knife attack fantasies.

Unless she works at the school or is a parent she shouldn't have been able to get inside the building to begin with

We've gone over it repeatedly in similar threads: Guns can't shoot themselves. It's the person wielding the gun that's the problem. This ain't got shit to do with me "liking guns", it's about doing something meaningful to stop these nut jobs from shooting up schools and shit. Y'all literally refuse to remember that not only have I pointed this shit out, but I've gone in-depth to explain it.

Time and time again we've come to find out that many of these shooters have had previous run-ins with law enforcement where they exhibited similar behaviors or behaviors conducive to being a fuckin maniac willing to kill people. What's needed is the ability to strip someone of their ability to legally purchase guns when they've shown themselves to be mentally unstable. I stress the "legally" part because nothing will stop someone from buying a gun illegally. Red Flag laws do exist but are not enforced and it needs to be a nationwide thing.

Also, make all private gun sales go through an FBI background check just like you do when you cop from a licensed dealer. We had that law in place in Nevada and 13 other states also have it. Make that nationwide as well.

I've said this in all of these other threads that you, @Inori, and @TheNightKing have been a part of but y'all don't seem to get it.

soooooooo all that to say... easy to access to guns is a problem. Glad we are in agreement

denzel-washington-training-day.gif

That's what the fuck we are saying! There we go. Consensus thought achieved. I don't know why the fuck you be bringing up knives and bombs. Just stick with that and we good.

I cant speak on what shit was like back then..and im not sure I even need to. We are talking about NOW.

Whether its the mental wellbeing or the country as a whole NOW, social media, access to more powerful/advances guns.. point to wherever. The fact remains that NOW.. the access and amount of guns is an issue. Pick a period in the past if you like... id be surprised if there wasnt a VAST difference in the amount of guns available now compared to then

You can swerve the issue all you want, but your statement does not hold water. When guns were FAR easier to get, we didn't have this problem. Guns are harder to get and a whole class of guns have been completely outlawed from purchase by civilians and now we have a problem.

I grew up at a time when many families had at least a shottie in the house and women kept a lil revolver in their purses. Nowadays that shit ain't nearly as common. I mean, they used to sell rifles of all sorts at K-Mart and Sears!!!

There were more guns in homes in the 70's, 80's, and 90's though with each decade the number declined.

The household gun ownership rate has fallen from an average of 50 percent in the 1970s to 49 percent in the 1980s, 43 percent in the 1990s and 35 percent in the 2000s, according to the survey data, analyzed by The New York Times.

In 2012, the share of American households with guns was 34 percent, according to survey results released on Thursday. Researchers said the difference compared with 2010, when the rate was 32 percent, was not statistically significant.

The findings contrast with the impression left by a flurry of news reports about people rushing to buy guns and clearing shop shelves of assault rifles after the massacre last year at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn.

Back