Welcome To aBlackWeb

School Fight Between White Teacher and Black Student

Chi-Town B

Mod Squad

Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS) says it's investigating a "physical altercation" between a Marion C. Moore student and teacher. Now-viral video of the fight sparked demands for answers and a protest at the school Monday afternoon.

The fight happened in the hallway of the school on Outer Loop.

The video, which does not show the beginning of the fight, shows the student throw punches at the teacher as the teacher pins the student, face up on his back, firmly to the ground. It also shows the white teacher launch a knee toward the Black student's face before hoisting him by his hair as multiple people, including other students, try to pull the teacher away.

Jamir Strane, 16, says he was the student involved in the fight.

Strane says he initiated the fight with a chemistry teacher — who he and others identified as William Bennett — but believes the teacher went overboard in his response.

"I look at that as getting revenge, because you didn't have no reason to keep pulling my hair," said Strane. "Even as a student is trying to pull you off of me, and you're still fighting me."

Monday afternoon, video of the fight caused protest outside the school and caused the district to respond.

Renee Murphy, a spokesperson for JCPS, says the teacher has been removed from the classroom while the district investigates the fight.

"So right now exactly what happened is being reviewed, it's being looked at, and while that review is taking place, we know the teacher will not be in the classroom," Murphy said. "The review will talk to witnesses and they will gather more information about any kind of verbal exchanges that took place."

Strane says there was a verbal exchange by the teacher that set him off. He says the teacher criticized his bandana-style neck gaiter, which he was using as a face covering to protect himself during the COVD-19 pandemic.

"He said, 'You're just going to be another Black boy shot,'" said Strane. "I'm going to put it in English. He said that you're just going to end up in the streets dead, in my mind, like all my friends."

To Strane and his mom, Erica Strane, a statement like that is particularly triggering. Strane, then 15, was shot in a summer 2020 drive-by shooting.

"To be told that you're just another boy that's going to be shot dead, I could see where that could trigger his PTSD," his mother said. "Like I said, my son — he's not a saint. He has his flaws. But, again, I can understand where the PTSD was triggered."

Additionally, the teen says he's lost multiple friends to gun violence.

"I got social anxiety from all the stuff I've been through over the last two years," said Strane. "It's eat or be eaten out here."

WDRB News reached out to the teacher for comment but has not yet received a response.

Strane, meanwhile, says he's been suspended from school for at least 10 days and has been charged with assault. He and his mother are looking for a lawyer and plan to fight the charge

Yeah I gotta show my son this. Cuz if he don't get his shit together this gonna be his reality and either one of two things gonna happen
1. They gonna have to kill me
2. They manage to take me alive and I'm in jail sitting down for a while

Neither one a good look. And i need him to understand the end result, cuz the guilt is going to be overwhelming for him. I already know what's up

What led to this?
Homie had on a bandana for his mask, teacher took exception viewing it as some gangshit..told ol boy that wearing shit like that gone lead to him being another black kid that’s shot..homie legit has friends that caught bullets on the street, felt triggered, snuff the teacher and pounded him out. Teacher regain some control and started fighting back, held homie by his hair after getting overcome wit anger by a teenager snuffing him like any man would. Teenager says homie shouldn’t have fought back, folk bored and need shit to do, so now it’s a protest

Y’all saying that cause of the races involved, if the shit was reversed…the thread title would be

Future Race Soilder Recruit Swings on Black Teacher

And niggaz would be in the thread talking bout how they woulda duffed the white boy out..

idgaf about the race at play.

you cannot fight kids. swinged on or not, you either restrain or get help

the whole crowd should’ve swung in him… bro this would’ve never have happened at my school… security got jumped… teachers got their ass beat in class… come on now… what a pussy generation

Back