Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rick Rubin and Andre 3000 in a exclusive candid podcast interview

I think the major problem isn't that Dre was overrated. It's that Big was underrated. People tried so hard to sell the idea that Outkast was most Dre with Big being just dragged along. I think people are starting to understand that Big was just as important to the group as Dre and is arguably the better artist if not the better rapper.

tenor.gif

The "No solo" argument might be the lamest shit said on this site.

The nigga made atleast 3 classics and the highest selling hiphop album of alltime. He has nothing to prove to anybody. His spot as a Goat was cemented over a decade ago.
I say the same about Lauryn Hill but they only really give her GOAT female rapper and ignore her on the all time list.

I agree. But at the end of the day the artist has creative control. They make all the decisions.
In a duo you have to make decisions together, shit you don't even have to rap as much. It makes it easier for a person in a group, espically if those people get along, which I assume they did.

what about biggie?

if it wasn't for puff would we have juicy?

This interview was really good. This clip really breaks down not just what artists go through but what all humans go through in they own way. It makes total sense. And can be applied in every body's life. Rick Rubin talking metaphysical shit when he said peoples opinions have nothing to do with you.

Last edited:
dope clip. what he said makes sense. I think Dr. Dre goes through something similar, people overanalyze what they put out so much it becomes harder to put stuff out. Ironically people are only so over critical of it because they put so little out. so it just repeats.

Back