Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rick Rubin and Andre 3000 in a exclusive candid podcast interview

Y'all really mad a nigga for being unmotivated to make music?
I bet y'all would be the first ones to kill him if he put out a half ass bullshit ass unmotivated album.

Sometimes it ain't in you anymore and the smart ones know when it's time to hang it up. Retire on your own time, don't let the game retire you.
The "No solo" argument might be the lamest shit said on this site.

The nigga made atleast 3 classics and the highest selling hiphop album of alltime. He has nothing to prove to anybody. His spot as a Goat was cemented over a decade ago.
Ehhhh, the no solo is a factor.
It's far easier to make a collaborative effort then it all on you.
We dont know the distribution of work.

He is one of the best rappers, im not sure about rap artists

Might be arguable if he didn't outright say he basically can't make music by himself that doesn't make you wonder how much other people actually had a hand in his perceived greatness?

The legacy is already made. If Kendrick retired and said he does it have it in him to make music any more, it's a moot point. Kendrick's legacy is already made. Same with 3k.

Ehhhh, the no solo is a factor.
It's far easier to make a collaborative effort then it all on you.
We dont know the distribution of work.

He is one of the best rappers, im not sure about rap artists

Name one rapper who made their albums without help. EVERY rapper has a whole group of mfs working on their albums. Not just 1 person, but a group of mfs.

That's why that "no solo" argument was always wack to me cuz every rapper has a ton of help.

Big Boi is on one track on the love below. Dre produced most of the album and was playing his own instruments and shit while completely reinventing himself as an artist for that project

That album was originally supposed to be two solo projects, but they combined them. I still consider it a solo project

Name one rapper who made their albums without help. EVERY rapper has a whole group of mfs working on their albums. Not just 1 person, but a group of mfs.

That's why that "no solo" argument was always wack to me cuz every rapper has a ton of help.
I agree. But at the end of the day the artist has creative control. They make all the decisions.
In a duo you have to make decisions together, shit you don't even have to rap as much. It makes it easier for a person in a group, espically if those people get along, which I assume they did.

Big Boi is on one track on the love below. Dre produced most of the album and was playing his own instruments and shit while completely reinventing himself as an artist for that project

That album was originally supposed to be two solo projects, but they combined them. I still consider it a solo project
I do too

I agree. But at the end of the day the artist has creative control. They make all the decisions.
In a duo you have to make decisions together, shit you don't even have to rap as much. It makes it easier for a person in a group, espically if those people get along, which I assume they did.

But the things you're questioning could you really question with 3k? He wasn't only doing the verses and hooks but he was producing a lot of those Outkast songs too.

Compared to someone like Jay who would have Pharrell come in with the beat and maybe the hook, or get O and Sparks to do the hook, etc. If anything, Dre was doing more than the average rapper on the albums.

The legacy is already made. If Kendrick retired and said he does it have it in him to make music any more, it's a moot point. Kendrick's legacy is already made. Same with 3k.

Kendrick has projects he has put together himself that's a bad comparison you cannot find a credible rap artist that came out of a group or duo with this lameass mindset

But the things you're questioning could you really question with 3k? He wasn't only doing the verses and hooks but he was producing a lot of those Outkast songs too.

Compared to someone like Jay who would have Pharrell come in with the beat and maybe the hook, or get O and Sparks to do the hook, etc. If anything, Dre was doing more than the average rapper on the albums.
Big boi was doing all those things as well. But you don't put him on the list.
And neither me or you know the division of labor in the studio.

My thing is that when all decisions had to go through him, he has only done it once. There has to be deduction for that imo.

This is why put both OutKast as a whole on my list of Top 5. They are a package deal.

Russ

But youre 100% right

Edit

Russ not a rapper so nevermind

Kendrick has projects he has put together himself that's a bad comparison you cannot find a credible rap artist that came out of a group or duo with this lameass mindset

What I'm saying isn't very difficult to understand but for some reason you're not getting it. EVERY RAPPER has an entire group of mfs helping them make albums.

So for example. Kanye made the beat, hook and chorus for this song. All jay had to do was add verses.

Compared to 3k who was making the verses and the beats. And that's no knock to Jay, cuz every rapper gets help. For some reason you're not understanding that.

Big boi was doing all those things as well. But you don't put him on the list.
And neither me or you know the division of labor in the studio.

My thing is that when all decisions had to go through him, he has only done it once. There has to be deduction for that imo.

This is why put both OutKast as a whole on my list of Top 5. They are a package deal.

Cuz big boi was never as good as 3k at rapping lol

Andre 3000 is basically retired at this point, he drop verses here and there, but I'm not expected him to put out a solo album at this point.

Back