Welcome To aBlackWeb

Retail workers are quitting at record rates for higher-paying work: ‘My life isn’t worth a dead-end job’

Isn’t the average CEO compensation something like 200% more than employees?

If that’s the case they can cut that number by half. Give their employees more money and the CEOs would still be rich.
Why would a CEO cut their pay by half? It's their company

People acting like retail workers have actual power or a say in anything

200.gif

You cna callit hum and drum, but it's how things work.

That's true, tuition and most everything was cheaper in the past. But that's why getting a degree, or trade is so important. Because without one......you're fucked today.

Retail is low level, at no point will it ever be something an adult can comfortably live off, nor should it be. Anyone doing that past age 22-23 is gonna be left behind

Back then CEOs weren’t making 200% more than their employees either.

If they are still rich. Why not, to be more rich?
We can’t sit there and act like the CEO don’t need their employees to make the company go, it’s a symbiotic relationship.
Retail workers can be replaced. At worse service just gets slower. But best believe no CEO is but their pay in half.

The way to get paid and job security is to have valuable skills. Everything else is happy talk

Back then CEOs weren’t making 200% more than their employees either.
This is true, but again it's their company. Adults don't have anyone looking out for them, so you gotta maximize your own worth to the job market, and take care of your own.

CEOs?

lol rich predominantly white ppl are 100% going to suck this planet dry and fuck off to Elysium or Musk's Mars colony or w/e while everything outside the arctic regions becomes uninhabitable from Global Warming

"Give their employees more money and the CEOs would still be rich." lol u niggas funny

Funny thing is, there are people working in retail that have degrees. Reason is a degree doesnt grant you instant access to a job. The number one thing a company wants is experience in most cases. I graduated college with an IT degree. Didnt find any IT job for about 2 years. And I only got that from who I knew. My cousin put me on.

In most cases, A degree really is only worth while in certain areas like a doctor or lawyer, etc...

Funny thing is, there are people working in retail that have degrees. Reason is a degree doesnt grant you instant access to a job. The number one thing a company wants is experience in most cases. I graduated college with an IT degree. Didnt find any IT job for about 2 years. And I only got that from who I knew. My cousin put me on.

In most cases, A degree really is only worth while in certain areas like a doctor or lawyer, etc...
I been hearing this

That nigga myth said fuck y’all do better lol damn
I'm only trying to get past the happy talk I hear when it comes to jobs. The Bernie Sanders crowd got people thinking they'll be getting a living wage working at McDonald's, and that white politicians will ever give a damn about us, they won't.

I'm old enough to remember the Million Man March. The main goals only 25 years ago were about supporting one another and self-sufficiency. So I look around now, and we're at each other's necks these days, and people think they can skip an education and are owed good paying careers by rich old white elites who don't give a shit about us. The idea used to be about attaining OUR own wealth, not hoping fakes like Bernie or Warren will give us minimum wage jobs.

I'm not saying fuck people doing retail, but there's no future in that line of work. If you're young and single, cool that shit is fine. But as a functional adult, who has a wife, kids, or hopes to ever own a home, it's a deadend. White people will gas people up about this shit, but yet put pressure on their own kids to get degrees. Education has always been the key to wealth equality, we can't forget that or we'll be left behind.

Degrees don't grant you instant access, but having no degree gives you virtually no access at all. Also too many people are afraid to relocate, which was common in the past. Many times they are openings, but just not local.

And degrees are worthwhile in every area, not just law or medicine. It's usually a requirement for most careers to even get through the door. Talk to anyone who's worked in HR, what they do with applications with no degrees. At best you may get an entry-level position, and never go much higher. But even then there are trade schools to be a nurse or electricians or so on. Retail is bottom of the barrel, I respect the work people put in, but it's a deadend job, always will be.

Thing is myth nobody thinks these politicians give a fuck they know that nor do they think CEOs give a fuck that’s why people are quitting

I been hearing this
Just speaking of the IT world, IT is broad. You would just do better getting your certifications over a degree. Say you got a major in computer science. If you looked at job applications, they will ask if you have experience in a specific language like java, c+, python, etc. You are better off getting certifications in different languages in some cases. Or they may be looking for real world experience.

I'm only trying to get past the happy talk I hear when it comes to jobs. The Bernie Sanders crowd got people thinking they'll be getting a living wage working at McDonald's, and that white politicians will ever give a damn about us, they won't.

I'm old enough to remember the Million Man March. The main goals only 25 years ago were about supporting one another and self-sufficiency. So I look around now, and we're at each other's necks these days, and people think they can skip an education and are owed good paying careers by rich old white elites who don't give a shit about us. The idea used to be about attaining OUR own wealth, not hoping fakes like Bernie or Warren will give us minimum wage jobs.

I'm not saying fuck people doing retail, but there's no future in that line of work. If you're young and single, cool that shit is fine. But as a functional adult, who has a wife, kids, or hopes to ever own a home, it's a deadend. White people will gas people up about this shit, but yet put pressure on their own kids to get degrees. Education has always been the key to wealth equality, we can't forget that or we'll be left behind.

Degrees don't grant you instant access, but having no degree gives you virtually no access at all. Also too many people are afraid to relocate, which was common in the past. Many times they are openings, but just not local.

And degrees are worthwhile in every area, not just law or medicine. It's usually a requirement for most careers to even get through the door. Talk to anyone who's worked in HR, what they do with applications with no degrees. At best you may get an entry-level position, and never go much higher. But even then there are trade schools to be a nurse or electricians or so on. Retail is bottom of the barrel, I respect the work people put in, but it's a deadend job, always will be.
Not anymore. Degrees dont have the same weight as they did in the 70- early 90's in some areas. Technology evolved. In the IT world, you can get certifications and advance very far. Employees have noticed that some graduates dont have the knowledge if a particular product sometimes so they will go to that person that does have that experience.

A lot of times, hard work sometimes has a ceiling. You will get further in life just by knowing the right people and you can have the least amount of experience.

Not anymore. Degrees dont have the same weight as they did in the 70- early 90's in some areas. Technology evolved. In the IT world, you can get certifications and advance very far. Employees have noticed that some graduates dont have the knowledge if a particular product sometimes so they will go to that person that does have that experience.

A lot of times, hard work sometimes has a ceiling. You will get further in life just by knowing the right people and you can have the least amount of experience.
I did mention other options like trade schools, and certainly something like an IT certification is good. Degrees aren't the only option, but they're certainly the best one if people make the sacrifice. No matter what career path someone chooses though, it's all good as long as you have an actual future planned. With retail, there is no future because it's a low-skill job.

I did mention other options like trade schools, and certainly something like an IT certification is good. Degrees aren't the only option, but they're certainly the best one if people make the sacrifice. No matter what career path someone chooses though, it's all good as long as you have an actual future planned. With retail, there is no future because it's a low-skill job.
There are futures in retail. If you want to own a franchise, working in one is a way to start. If you are trying to become like a division leader, that is the way to do it. Start with in and move over to the corporate side. This is what some people do.

Back