Welcome To aBlackWeb

Retail workers are quitting at record rates for higher-paying work: ‘My life isn’t worth a dead-end job’

Like holy fuck, the lady who spent her years raising kids but now has time to work is told to go back to fucking school so she can have more money cuz her job is "technically" for teens. I just can't deal with the stupidity/apathy anymore.
Spent years raising kids and what? Did she not save? Did she get divorced and getting no support?

I know plenty of single mothers doing good.......after going back to school. No excuses for this shit if you're an adult and have kids. Take care of your life, cause the government, corps, and politicians won't

If you dont understand, that is a clear indication to me I need not waste anymore time explaining something to you, in this particular convo. Good day, my apologies I wasted your time.
To be honest, all I've heard from you is excuses. There's no reason why an adult can't go back to school or take up a trade. My parents had multiple jobs, my grandparents put in crazy work back in the day. But today people think they should get good pay for stocking shelves, or working fast food? They setting themselves up for failure

Spent years raising kids and what? Did she not save? Did she get divorced and getting no support?

I know plenty of single mothers doing good.......after going back to school. No excuses for this shit if you're an adult and have kids. Take care of your life, cause the government, corps, and politicians won't
Ahhhh a day in the life of such simplicity... how grand that must be....

Ahhhh a day in the life of such simplicity... how grand that must be....
Life isn't simply, that's the point. People have gone soft as hell the last 20 years. No one will give us a thing ever, we have to better ourselves, our commuites, and our families, period.

So people can either use the tools available to them....or work at Walmart. Their choice

Life isn't simply, that's the point. People have gone soft as hell the last 20 years. No one will give us a thing ever, we have to better ourselves, our commuites, and our families, period.

So people can either use the tools available to them....or work at Walmart. Their choice
There is enough money in the world that there is NO EXCUSE why someone is literally dying from starvation as I type this. Prolly ten by now with how slow I type. That's fuckin disgusting if you ask me. All so someone somewhere can have a fat bank acct. God pity those souls. Highly doubt it tho.

There is enough money in the world that there is NO EXCUSE why someone is literally dying from starvation as I type this. Prolly ten by now with how slow I type. That's fuckin disgusting if you ask me. All so someone somewhere can have a fat bank acct. God pity those souls. Highly doubt it tho.
Money goes to things of value. If you don't have marketable skills, then you won't have much value to society. Adults have to make their own way, they ain't owed shit. And if they don't bother to put work in their grade school years, AND choose not to go back to school after fucking up, that's on them.

I'm gonna keep saying adults over and over again, because that's what must be done when you're grown. Go back to school, take up a trade, or pool money with others and start your own shit. Or don't...and stay at Walmart but don't complain about it

Money goes to things of value. If you don't have marketable skills, then you won't have much value to society. Adults have to make their own way, they ain't owed shit. And if they don't bother to put work in their grade school years, AND choose not to go back to school after fucking up, that's on them.

I'm gonna keep saying adults over and over again, because that's what must be done when you're grown. Go back to school, take up a trade, or pool money with others and start your own shit. Or don't...and stay at Walmart but don't complain about it
Yes I know exactly what you're saying and trying to convey, it's the same old hum and drum.

It’s easy to blame the wealthy.

but do people truly understand their position in all of this?

to some people .....you $11 an hr is a lot.

people are literally arguing 1st world issues.
People ready to truly understand consumerism? How you support it ?

supply chains
Vanity
Materialism

anyone saying them African miners or Chinese manufacturers should make more?

if y’all really care, care about the whole process. Not just at your level and above.

your tv, coffee and jeans.....all come at a human cost. Some lives too.

care about those people?
do you really care about exploitation?

do you want to truly fix it from the top and bottom?

supply chains
Vanity
Materialism

if y’all really care, care about the whole process. Not just at your level and above.

care about those people?

That's why I say people hoarding billions is a disgusting display of apathy. World poverty could be ended tomorrow by the most rich.... but it's better to die in a super fancy way I guess.

Why wouldn't they? Some work their ass off in school so they don't have to work retail as an adult, others don't.

I'm not with this thing in society where people can fuck up and then complain about it. Going back to school is easy as fuck today. Put in the work and then they won't have to work at Walmart.
The thing is there was once a time where tuition costed wayyy less and u didn't even really need it to live a comfy middle class life with vacations, benefits and 401k with or without kids.

Now it's like, we been told we need to go up to as much as tens of thousands of dollars in tuition debt (pick the "right" major!!) to have similar quality of life that some in the previous generation could afford without the degree and side jobs.

I'm not saying I disagree with your whole premise but I think it's undeniable that there's something wrong with the picture today and u can't blame it all on "u should've went to college"

supply chains
Vanity
Materialism

care about those people?

Your first sentence is why I can’t take anything you say seriously. The plight of the wealthy? Unless somebody trying to kill you stfu

supply chains
Vanity
Materialism

care about those people?

So because other people can’t eat we can’t demand more. That is fucking stupid man

The thing is there was once a time where tuition costed wayyy less and u didn't even really need it to live a comfy middle class life with vacations, benefits and 401k with or without kids.

Now it's like, we been told we need to go up to as much as tens of thousands of dollars in tuition debt (pick the "right" major!!) to have similar quality of life that some in the previous generation could afford without the degree and side jobs.

I'm not saying I disagree with your whole premise but I think it's undeniable that there's something wrong with the picture today and u can't blame it all on "u should've went to college"

Don't forget to mention that manufacturing has greatly decreased since the "pre-2000"

You could come out of high school and go to work at plant but those days are damn near dead

couple that with the increase in pay for education and the ever constant increase in the cost of living and stagnant wages, its kind of narrow minded to simply say, "don't fuck up"

supply chains
Vanity
Materialism

care about those people?

How can you mention all these problems and not blame the wealthy. Blaming the masses.

Another thing with retail. U can actually learn valuable skills if you take your job seriously and don't wanna settle for just entry level positions u start at.

The problem is over time all these companies care about is cutting costs/expenses (payroll is usually the first to shrink) and that means cutting hours, hiring less people, and replacing higher earners with ppl that will work for less, and providing less incentive to move up.

Kinda seems like what companies threaten will happen if minimum wage increases has already been happening while the rates were stagnant 🤷

Another thing I've witnessed over and over again is companies will avoid promoting experienced workers from within to get the guy with a shiny degree who is actually the one who doesn't know wtf they're doing bc they have no work experience.

Yes I know exactly what you're saying and trying to convey, it's the same old hum and drum.
You cna callit hum and drum, but it's how things work.

That's true, tuition and most everything was cheaper in the past. But that's why getting a degree, or trade is so important. Because without one......you're fucked today.

Retail is low level, at no point will it ever be something an adult can comfortably live off, nor should it be. Anyone doing that past age 22-23 is gonna be left behind

Back