Welcome To aBlackWeb

Retail workers are quitting at record rates for higher-paying work: ‘My life isn’t worth a dead-end job’

And minimum is the minimum a company has* to pay you for your services. They could pay more, but choose to pay the minimum.

Last edited:
fact is, niggas are thirsty for money and prominence and the sheer thought of others being treated like full humans beings or receiving better wages and working conditions bothers them because they know a society where folks are treated as equals means they may not be able to accumulate huge amounts of wealth.

thats all this is about. people dont want to help the poor or push towards viable solutions/options for those stuck in the margins because they r under the settlers thumb, they have bought into the white mans idea of “success”

folks like dos hate seeing people demanding better because to them it means certain things may be taken away from them when it reality, it was never theirs to begin with.
Smdh

First off aint shit gonna be taken from me.

Second please stop lying to these people.

You know damn well I ain’t say that shit.
You love to be loud and wrong

When I check the news and they do a piece on all of these business owners complaining about how hard it is to find people to work...............what they're really complaining about is not being able to get away with paying people subpar wages anymore.

Also tired of them not telling the full story when saying people aren't working because they make more money from unemployment.

It's not just about that.

It's about not being able to find affordable childcare.

Or even childcare in general since the pandemic.

Used to think some of these businesses couldn't afford it, and some of them probably can't.

But then you start hearing about them offering $15/hr and $1,000 or more in signing bonuses to get people to work.

Now I'm starting to realize that a lot of these businesses are full of shit when they say they can't afford to pay people more.

Only good thing that's come from the past year or so is people not being willing to throw their life away over low-wage jobs..........and businesses being forced to pay more.

Only thing I'm afraid of is that they'll start luring people in with these bonuses and higher wages............and then reduce the wages again once everything gets back to normal.

Last edited:
When I check the news and they do a piece on all of these business owners complaining about how hard it is to find people to work...............what they're really complaining about is not being able to get away with paying people subpar wages anymore.

Also tired of them not telling the full story when saying people aren't working because they make more money from unemployment.

It's not just about that.

It's about not being able to find affordable childcare.

Or even childcare in general since the pandemic.

Used to think some of these businesses couldn't afford it, and some of them probably can't.

But then you start hearing about them offering $15/hr and $1,000 or more in signing bonuses to get people to work.

Now I'm starting to realize that a lot of these businesses are full of shit when they say they can't afford to pay people more.

Only good thing that's come from the past year or so is people not being willing to throw their life away over low-wage jobs..........and businesses being forced to pay more.

Only thing I'm afraid of is that they'll start luring people in with these bonuses and higher wages............and then reduce the wages again once everything gets back to normal.
Not reduce wages....reduce hours
And pull that Walmart shit to not give benefits.

Not reduce wages....reduce hours
And pull that Walmart shit to not give benefits.

Big companies like Walmart can do it.

Simply because they don't have a shortage of workers.

However, according to some of these small businesses.............they're so desperate to find people to work for them that they can't really afford to offer reduced hours.

I mean, they'll do it just to get people in the door..........but, based on what's happening now, not enough people are gonna want to be in that situation.

*edit*

I get what you're saying now.

They'll lure people in with the bonuses and everything.............but then cut their hours once they're businesses start doing better.

Last edited:
At my 2nd job (that I'm putting in my 2 weeks to quit as I type), I've been hearing horror stories from garbage ass customers now that shit is opening back up. I work overnight crew so I'm basically left alone and don't have to deal nobody except chit chat from coworkers and random stuff about invoices from managers....but yea nobody wants to deal with fuck ass customers who talk down to them over asking them to wear masks for minimum wage. The service industry as a whole aint some shit id wish on anyone rn. Theres nothing about it that's worth it.
I know you will find a better job.. completely agree it is not worth it dealing with those customers given the current circumstances.

And minimum is the minimum a company has* to pay you for your services. They could pay more, but choose to pay the minimum.
Why wouldn't they? Some work their ass off in school so they don't have to work retail as an adult, others don't.

I'm not with this thing in society where people can fuck up and then complain about it. Going back to school is easy as fuck today. Put in the work and then they won't have to work at Walmart.

Why wouldn't they? Some work their ass off in school so they don't have to work retail as an adult, others don't.

I'm not with this thing in society where people can fuck up and then complain about it. Going back to school is easy as fuck today. Put in the work and then they won't have to work at Walmart.
WE CANT ALL HAVE AWEOSME GOOD PAYING JOBS!!! Who the fuck is gonna stock the shelves or stir your damn coffee at the drive thru!!

It's not the poor that's the problem!! It's the gluttonous wealthy!!!!

WE CANT ALL HAVE AWEOSME GOOD PAYING JOBS!!! Who the fuck is gonna stock the shelves or stir your damn coffee at the drive thru!!

It's not the poor that's the problem!! It's the gluttonous wealthy!!!!
Bullshit, all these jobs used to go to teenagers. It's was the adults who took their jobs, and now whine about getting a low wage.

Stocking a shelf is low skill work, so is flipping a burger, why would any company pay people good money for that? Pretty easy to get help going back to school if you're poor

Bullshit, all these jobs used to go to teenagers. It's was the adults who took their jobs, and now whine about getting a low wage.

Stocking a shelf is low skill work, so is flipping a burger, why would any company pay people good money for that? Pretty easy to get help going back to school if you're poor
who deems those jobs are for teens? YOU?

who deems those jobs are for teens? YOU?
It was deemed for teens because they had no skills and were just starting out. Anyone old enough aorund here to remember things pre-2000 knows mostly teens worked these jobs. It was a joke in school that you would end up saying "paper or plastic" if you didn't get your grades up.

Why can't people go back to school? Those of us who put in work don't give a fuck about adults who won't help themselves.

It's American poison. Everyone is drilled with the idea that the "good" thing about America is that everybody can become rich if we all work hard enough. First off, it's a lie. Second off, being rich shouldn't be the end all and be all of goals for human beings.

i agree 110%

It was deemed for teens because they had no skills and were just starting out. Anyone old enough aorund here to remember things pre-2000 knows mostly teens worked these jobs. It was a joke in school that you would end up saying "paper or plastic" if you didn't get your grades up.

Why can't people go back to school? Those of us who put in work don't give a fuck about adults who won't help themselves.

lmao @ folks still thinking school is the great equalizer

Things change. This isn't 1960 anymore.

Like holy fuck, the lady who spent her years raising kids but now has time to work is told to go back to fucking school so she can have more money cuz her job is "technically" for teens. I just can't deal with the stupidity/apathy anymore.

What does this mean? Skills are more important today than it was in 1960. Back then you could get by with a high school diploma
If you dont understand, that is a clear indication to me I need not waste anymore time explaining something to you, in this particular convo. Good day, my apologies I wasted your time.

Back