Welcome To aBlackWeb

restaurant steak 48 gets dragged for minimum spending requirement

No one has explicitly explained why it’s racist yet. I’d like to at least hear the argument.

And spare me the “if you don’t understand why it’s racist blah blah” responses I’m just tryna make sure I’m not assuming wrong

The fashion that they are describing was created and influenced by Black culture. That restaurant has been open for years and didn't have a single problem with their dress code. Now since more niggas have been going for whatever reasons, maybe niggas got money and wanna go for the experience who knows, but what triggered them to implement this dress code?

Why is Black fashion being specifically targeted in their dress code and why right now?

Lol yea that’s not an argument

Oh brother........

So I guess there was nothing racist about signs that explicitly say no durags, white tees, and fitted hats in clubs either then huh?

Go back and read that dress code. They are not only telling you what to wear but they are detailing specific features in the clothing like the size of the logo or the style that is only influenced by Black culture.

The fashion that they are describing was created and influenced by Black culture. That restaurant has been open for years and didn't have a single problem with their dress code. Now since more niggas have been going for whatever reasons, maybe niggas got money and wanna go for the experience who knows, but what triggered them to implement this dress code?

Why is Black fashion being specifically targeted in their dress code and why right now?
Ok I'll buy this

dress codes:

also anything pertaining to miniumum spending requirements will always have a racist undertone because what demographic(s) face high amounts of concentrated poverty and persistent inequality?

its not the white mfers youre mirroring yourselves after in this thread

And how exactly to you expect us to burn down this house?

This place has locations in Chicago, Houston, Philly, Phoenix, and Charlotte. Phoenix is the least Black city of all their locations and it just so happens to be the only one without a dress code. There are more Black people who go to the Chicago, Houston, Philly, and Charlotte locations than Phoenix but why is the dress code not across the board at every location?

Why is Phoenix excluded from the dress code?

So you wanna shut them down and not worry about the policy at all? Okay well how are we gonna shut them down?

You know what would be more effective and would make them change that dress code in a weekend? If niggas showed up at the Chicago, Houston, Philly, Charlotte, and Phoenix locations and protested and demanded that they fix the language in that dress code. bet that switch that shit up real quick.

But no, you have a master plan on how we can organize and get them shutdown for good so let's hear it Pythagoras.
Chicago doesn't have a dress code. Houston doesn't have a dress code.....

As I said, ya heart in the right place but you been missing all day

Ok I'll buy this

It's really that simple.

Take a step back and think about the dinning experience right now.

Let's all be real for a minute. How many niggas who have gotten stimulus checks probably decided that they wanted to go out to a high end place that they either never could afford or just wasn't on their radar? Probably more then we'd like to admit.

Now look at how restaurants have been struggling over the past year. They are just now starting to really open back up but I bet a lot of these places have a new customer base that prior to 2020 probably couldn't afford to go.

So now you have places like Steak48 who can clearly see a culture shift in their customer base so they decided to implement a "Dress Code" that just so happens to specifically target that new customer base that they have been getting.

They're trying to keep their establishment "Classy" and their way of doing that is to implement policies to divert a specific demographic of customers.

I know you're the type pf person to see the police violating a nigga and put your headphones in and just walk on by. You have no understanding of what combating racism is.
Once again...false equivalency.......

I say keep ya money in ya pocket and you read police violating folks lol

Nothing wrong with a dress code

But

Something is wrong with racist folks running establishments and sometimes hide behind dress code and other factors.

@Los216 my bad I was talking about minimum spending requirements not dress code

Ok got you.

So here's the thing about the minimum spending requirements.

There was absolutely no need for them to post that and even make it known. How many other high end steakhouses have huge signs that say there is a minimum spending requirement? Not many if any at all.

The ridiculous thing about the spending requirement is it's damn near impossible to not spend at least $50 on one individual so it's likely going to be lose to over over $100 for two people. The second thing is it's not like people need to be told how expensive it is to eat at a place like this. You know how much it cost before you even get there. It's not like it's a secret. So to insinuate that your customers are not intelligent enough to know how much it cost to eat at your establishment is insulting for one.

And that minimum spending requirement goes hand and hand with that dress code. The thought behind it is that they can't simply just say here's a covertly racist dress code. They have to implement other policies to make sure that your experience there can be as uncomfortable as they can make it without outright banning you from even getting in.

And if you actually take a look at their menu there's tons of things you can order and not even get close to $100.

For example, you can't even order the Salmon, 2 drinks, 2 appetizers, and a dessert and get to $100. So basically if two people go and one person gets Salmon the other person either needs to get at least 4 appetizers and a +$50 steak or they need to get a +$65 steak and 3 appetizers plus 2 drinks.

That minimum spending requirement makes it illogical for anyone who wants to go there and eat anything on the menu that's not a steak.

They got to cute with the racism and they ended up fucking themselves over. The minimum requirement actually eliminates certain items from the menu for you unless you want to eat 3 main courses.

But to someone else’s point, business casual or better would have been sufficient for this dress code.

So then why didn't they just say that?

Something is wrong with racist folks running establishments and sometimes hide behind dress code and other factors.

Of course. Which is why they should be called out on those policies immediately weather than people saying simply don't go. Fuck that shit. If people wanna do covertly racist things they should be put on the summer jam screen and they don't deserve the benefit of people turning the other cheek. Fuck them up.

Ok got you.

So here's the thing about the minimum spending requirements.

There was absolutely no need for them to post that and even make it known. How many other high end steakhouses have huge signs that say there is a minimum spending requirement? Not many if any at all.

The ridiculous thing about the spending requirement is it's damn near impossible to not spend at least $50 on one individual so it's likely going to be lose to over over $100 for two people. The second thing is it's not like people need to be told how expensive it is to eat at a place like this. You know how much it cost before you even get there. It's not like it's a secret. So to insinuate that your customers are not intelligent enough to know how much it cost to eat at your establishment is insulting for one.

And that minimum spending requirement goes hand and hand with that dress code. The thought behind it is that they can't simply just say here's a covertly racist dress code. They have to implement other policies to make sure that your experience there can be as uncomfortable as they can make it without outright banning you from even getting in.

And if you actually take a look at their menu there's tons of things you can order and not even get close to $100.

For example, you can't even order the Salmon, 2 drinks, 2 appetizers, and a dessert and get to $100. So basically if two people go and one person gets Salmon the other person either needs to get at least 4 appetizers and a +$50 steak or they need to get a +$65 steak and 3 appetizers plus 2 drinks.

That minimum spending requirement makes it illogical for anyone who wants to go there and eat anything on the menu that's not a steak.

They got to cute with the racism and they ended up fucking themselves over. The minimum requirement actually eliminates certain items from the menu for you unless you want to eat 3 main courses.

I agree with most of what you said but if anything that seems to be a discrimination based on income level more than race, unless like I said before, it’s being selectively enforced.

I agree with most of what you said but if anything that seems to be a discrimination based on income level more than race, unless like I said before, it’s being selectively enforced.

True but think about how the restaurant industry has changed. A lot of people who didn't have money to go to some of these spots have a little change now. So there's no way for the establishment to know based on how someone is dressed who really has it like that. That's why they make the covertly racist and discrimination filled dress code. It's the only way for them to weed out the people that they don't want without coming straight out and telling them you can't come.

Back