Welcome To aBlackWeb

restaurant steak 48 gets dragged for minimum spending requirement

No it doesn't. Any nigga dumb enough to go to this restaurant and spend money there after this just so they can see for themselves is stupid. Those are the only people who will prop the restaurant up. Them and the people who will defend the actions of this restaurant.

Why does it feel like there's an urge from people to not fight back against racism weather it's overt or covert? The shit should be called out and actions need to be taken 100% of the time.

Black people are in no position in this country to ever let racism slide no matter how big or small.

lol Why do you think getting them to change the rule is some ultimate form of fighting back?

A unified and permanent boycott of the restaurant would probably be far more damaging to them than getting them to change a rule.

Again, what does getting them to change the rule even do other than lead some misguided black people to think that makes it ok to start supporting the business again?

lol Why do you think getting them to change the rule is some ultimate form of fighting back?

A unified and permanent boycott of the restaurant would probably be far more damaging to them than getting them to change a rule.

Again, what does getting them to change the rule even do other than lead some misguided black people to think that makes it ok to start supporting the business again?

The rule is covert racism. Any solution short of eliminating that dress code is unacceptable.

Do you see what you're doing? You're acting real All Lives Matter with this shit.

It's simple. They made a covert racist policy. You want us to just boycott the establishment all together. I want them to change the policy and we can still boycott the establishment.

Are you trying to argue that boycotting and making them change the policy is going too far? Really?

Listen to what you're saying and look at what some of us are suggesting. You're putting a cap on how to deal with racism. You need to reopen that lid because you haven't pulled enough shit out that jar.

The rule is covert racism. Any solution short of eliminating that dress code is unacceptable.

Do you see what you're doing? You're acting real All Lives Matter with this shit.

It's simple. They made a covert racist policy. You want us to just boycott the establishment all together. I want them to change the policy and we can still boycott the establishment.

Are you trying to argue that boycotting and making them change the policy is going too far? Really?

Listen to what you're saying and look at what some of us are suggesting. You're putting a cap on how to deal with racism. You need to reopen that lid because you haven't pulled enough shit out that jar.

lol What?

Bruh, I'm going to need you to read my posts more carefully because I'm not sure how you're getting what you're saying from what I'm writing.

You're talking about making moves to get that restaurant to change a policy. I'm talking about making move to try and critically hurt the restaurant and potentially put it out of business. In what world is a forced policy change for a business a bigger punishment than the business not existing anymore.

I don't want racists being forced to have to run their businesses more politely. I want racists to not even be able to run businesses especially in a black city.

No you fucking riri

I compared establishments having minimum....

Nevermind.

its not comparable and both could/should be done away with.

shop miniumus, food minimums arent necessary and just because its common in tattoo shops doesnt mean its ethical

Cases? Huh?

And

This what we doing? You tagging along on some foolishness with the comparison I clearly made?

I don't want racists being forced to have to run their businesses more politely. I want racists to not even be able to run businesses especially in a black city.

And if you understood how hard it would be to get a chain restaurant that is a subsidiary of a much larger company shutdown you would know that the energy required to get them to change the policy is 1/10th of the energy it would require to shut them down.

This would be like trying to shutdown every Red Lobster because they implemented a similar dress code. Good luck with that. You're more likely to simply get them to change the policy and for the locations that refuse you can actively work to remove those people in charge but to think we can snap our Black ass fingers and make this very high end, popular, multiple location steakhouse simply shutdown is delusional.

This is why I've been saying that it's important to get them to change the policy. You're trying to skip over them changing the policy and going after a bigger fish that we're less likely to catch.

How hard is it to pressure them to change the policy? A lot easier than it is to shut them down and that's a fact.

lol What?

Bruh, I'm going to need you to read my posts more carefully because I'm not sure how you're getting what you're saying from what I'm writing.

You're talking about making moves to get that restaurant to change a policy. I'm talking about making move to try and critically hurt the restaurant and potentially put it out of business. In what world is a forced policy change for a business a bigger punishment than the business not existing anymore.

Los been missing all day with his comparisons

His ideology is to wash the dishes before burning the house down

Bless him tho, his heart in the right place

Los been missing all day with his comparisons

His ideology is to wash the dishes before burning the house down

Bless him tho, his heart in the right place

And how exactly to you expect us to burn down this house?

This place has locations in Chicago, Houston, Philly, Phoenix, and Charlotte. Phoenix is the least Black city of all their locations and it just so happens to be the only one without a dress code. There are more Black people who go to the Chicago, Houston, Philly, and Charlotte locations than Phoenix but why is the dress code not across the board at every location?

Why is Phoenix excluded from the dress code?

So you wanna shut them down and not worry about the policy at all? Okay well how are we gonna shut them down?

You know what would be more effective and would make them change that dress code in a weekend? If niggas showed up at the Chicago, Houston, Philly, Charlotte, and Phoenix locations and protested and demanded that they fix the language in that dress code. bet that switch that shit up real quick.

But no, you have a master plan on how we can organize and get them shutdown for good so let's hear it Pythagoras.

• Haha
Reactions: 1/2
No one has explicitly explained why it’s racist yet. I’d like to at least hear the argument.

And spare me the “if you don’t understand why it’s racist blah blah” responses I’m just tryna make sure I’m not assuming wrong

No one has explicitly explained why it’s racist yet. I’d like to at least hear the argument.

And spare me the “if you don’t understand why it’s racist blah blah” responses I’m just tryna make sure I’m not assuming wrong
They're saying its a covert read between the lines thing

stop asking how is shit racist in a country built on chattel slavery

the sheer denial that its anything but is ahistorical and fucking stupid at this stage in the game

Back