Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rejection

Ladies, are you afraid of rejection? if so, why?

I asked a few coworkers of mines about walking up or sitting next to a guy (at a bar/lounge) that caught their attention and striking up a conversation and they stated that they would not do this because they are afraid of being rejected.
I then said, you may miss out on meeting a good dude because of your fear, they said Meh, fuck it, I'll be aight. Me: :df2:

So Im like dudes take rejection and L's all the time, The women stated that we are built for that shit. I'm like :really:

Would you go up to a guy and seek to get their number or just approach a guy that you are feeling and strike up a conversation?

Ladies have you been rejected, share your stories, let's talk about it and us Fellas will let you know how we feel when or if y'all approach us 1st

Fellas, what are your thoughts on women that approach you? Good thing or bad thing?

Fellas,
How do you handle rejection from women..

Last edited:
It would depend on how she approached me, if she approached me like she has some class then I would react as such, but if she approached me like a bird then she'd get treated like one.

I don't put myself out there to get rejected, I just talk to women like I would with anybody else, if there's a good vibe then I'll probably give her my card and put the ball in her court.

I don't feel any type of way when/if she approaches me as far as my ego/me getting the big head...again younger days, I would brag, now it's on some grown folks tip, but for me, it shows me that she is direct with what she wants and that she goes for what she wants when she wants it. Even if the woman isn't what I am attracted to, I will still hold a conversation just off the strength she approached my black ass.

Just something about a woman going after hers is just sexy, again, nothing wrong with women who don't approach a dude, some may just be on some chill tip.

But a woman approaching me has my attention, she could be fat, skinny, alien looking, it doesn't matter, I respect you for going after what you want. Don't let her ask me what I'm drinking on if we out and about at a lounge or something, she on some "what you drinking on, let me buy you a drink" of course i will decline, but if she insist.
She got me locked in.

It's an unofficial known fact that men handle rejection a lot better than women.

When a woman gets rejected, you're not rejecting her advances. In her eyes, you're rejecting her whole existence. You're pretty much telling her she's nothing.

I've been rejected once. I took it like the "G" that I am. I think only because I just had a small crush on the person. Funny thing is, he hit me up trying to holler and I was good on that. I let people know straight up whether I like them or not. Sometimes my timing be off, sometimes it's good. Rejection ain't about to stop me from shooting my shot. You hit bricks every now and then.

I've been rejected once. I took it like the "G" that I am. I think only because I just had a small crush on the person. Funny thing is, he hit me up trying to holler and I was good on that. I let people know straight up whether I like them or not. Sometimes my timing be off, sometimes it's good. Rejection ain't about to stop me from shooting my shot. You hit bricks every now and then.

When dude hit you back up, you said that you were good, did you say this to him because he rejected you? just asking

Have you given a dude a second chance to try and get with you after missing out on the opportunity the 1st time?

When dude hit you back up, you said that you were good, did you say this to him because he rejected you? just asking

Have you given a dude a second chance to try and get with you after missing out on the opportunity the 1st time?

Nah, if he would've hit me back up sooner, I would've talked to him but my crush on him had faded.

Yes, I have. One of them was my longest relationship.

I'd be too scared to walk over to a guy like that.

I did when I was younger before I knew anything, like elementary school, I'd tell a boy in class I thought he was cute, and they'd either look at me like I was crazy or tell their friends and they'd just whisper and laugh, so that's probably why I haven't done it as an adult. I figure if they're interested they'll tell me, if they're not interested, they won't.

Tbh I probably wouldn't like it but I don't put myself out there on the norm unless I know I can have it Idk bout anybody else but I think you kinda have a idea what your capable of getting there's usually a vibe that let's me know at least...

I'd be too scared to walk over to a guy like that.

I did when I was younger before I knew anything, like elementary school, I'd tell a boy in class I thought he was cute, and they'd either look at me like I was crazy or tell their friends and they'd just whisper and laugh, so that's probably why I haven't done it as an adult. I figure if they're interested they'll tell me, if they're not interested, they won't.

But I'm asking El, if you saw a guy and you found dude attractive, you mean to tell me you'd just let him walk on by without saying anything?

Tbh I probably wouldn't like it but I don't put myself out there on the norm unless I know I can have it Idk bout anybody else but I think you kinda have a idea what your capable of getting there's usually a vibe that let's me know at least...

Why not aim for the best?

I'm just trying to understand the "whole I will let him approach me" stance from women if they have a feeling for a dude.

Dude may not even notice you or anything for you to be waiting on him to approach you.

Why not walk up to dude and be like "hi I'm so and so" or "hi I like your shoes or whatever thing you can think of" They do it in the movies and on TV shows.

But I'm asking El, if you saw a guy and you found dude attractive, you mean to tell me you'd just let him walk on by without saying anything?
I don't like people based on looks anyway so yeah I would. He'd have to be funny or I'd have to see him being a good dude lol but looks alone, I don't care about.

It's not that I won't talk to a guy either, just that I won't approach like I'm trying to date. I'll crack a joke or compliment his whatever it is I like, but I approach like a friend or just being social, I wouldn't ask a dude out is what I'm saying.

Why not aim for the best?

I'm just trying to understand the "whole I will let him approach me" stance from women if they have a feeling for a dude.

Dude may not even notice you or anything for you to be waiting on him to approach you.

Why not walk up to dude and be like "hi I'm so and so" or "hi I like your shoes or whatever thing you can think of" They do it in the movies and on TV shows.

I know you're right I just need to loosen up some because it usually takes me a little time to even get comfortable to start a convo with someone. I guess that's where the fear of rejection comes into play. I just need to take some risks I guess....

I know you're right I just need to loosen up some because it usually takes me a little time to even get comfortable to start a convo with someone. I guess that's where the fear of rejection comes into play. I just need to take some risks I guess....

I mean, if that's your personality and thing to not approach dudes then by all means stick wit it. I'm sure you have not had any problem getting dudes come up to you so why change. I was just asking though to be honest. Curious. If it aint broke, don't break it.

I don't have a problem with dudes approaching me but you see one thing you gonna learn bout me is that I haven't dated in a really long time but by choice of my own but I think I do need to change my ways cos what if I miss out on something cos I waited to long but I find some dudes like girls they have to go after and some like the girls that approach them and let them know they wanted... Lol was easy when I was just to myself

Matter fact. I got swerved on about two weeks ago and I was drunk out of my mind.

Lesson learned: stop approaching while drunk.

Back