Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

Ok. I just looked it up and he joked about her not being invited so is she really “skipping”. Then went on to joke about it being unfair Will was paid for Wild Wild West in response to Jada saying it was unfair he wasn’t nominated for Concussion.

So that was all relevant to those Oscars, lol. And nothing above what he joked about other people. He wasn’t singling her out for nothing.

And that was 2016. If she still holding onto all of that Will should have checked her cause she’s wrong. Or check Chris in the 6 years since that’s happened if it’s that serious.
You don't know that they haven't. We don't know if after all that checking and reconciliation, Chris decided to a do 'safe joke' failing to realize the Smith didn't want to be a part of his act in any capacity hence the keep my wife's name outta your fucking mouth comment.....2x

Man this thread moving too fast.

Im a ton of pages back.

But damn Will was crying after this? I dont mean when he got his award, but he was crying right after he slapped Chris Rock?

Shit crazy.

You’re totally right, but I’m talking societal norms and reasonable response to stimuli. This wasn’t reasonable given what we know and it was wrong and unfair to Chris Rock.

I think it's unfair Chris Rock had to bear the brunt of being the latest member of the fuck around and find out club...but if societal norms push forward to the point that people realize you can't just say something somebody finds offensive and try to escape consequences by saying "I was joking" then that actually may do society more good than bad.

You don't know that they haven't. We don't know if after all that checking and reconciliation, Chris decided to a do 'safe joke' failing to realize the Smith didn't want to be a part of his act in any capacity hence the keep my wife's name outta your fucking mouth comment.....2x
This is also true. And if he did address it with Chris, I’d expect Will to be up on that stage as soon as he heard Jada’s name mentioned. The joke wouldn’t have even gotten out. Either way, I’d be fine with what he did.

But look at Chris. Does he look like a guy who’s been warned? He wasn’t expecting that. If Will addressed it at any point in the past Chris would have been ready to fight or fly soon as Will stood up.

I think it's unfair Chris Rock had to bear the brunt of being the latest member of the fuck around and find out club...but if societal norms push forward to the point that people realize you can't just say something somebody finds offensive and try to escape consequences by saying "I was joking" then that actually may do society more good than bad.
Damn, you got me on this one because I’m a strong proponent of fuck around and find out. I don’t think it was warranted here, but if Rock has to be the sacrificial lamb what’s done is done.

I don't know man, Chris comes out looking like a bitch for not doing nothing. Why would he be cool with that

This has already been answered in here. For some the logic is that he ain't gonna care he look like a bitch because it's gonna give him great material for his upcoming tour and stand up special and make him money.

I don't agree with that train of thought at all but for some they really believe money over everything.

Y'all telling me that this is the same Chris Rock that said this when he accepted his award for making Good Hair?

This is the same nigga that joked on Jada and Will on that same stage in 2016?

This is the same nigga that people are trying to say didn't know better than to make that joke last night?

The nigga that said all of this?

Back