Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

"Same sword they knight you, they gon' good night you with" ~ Jay Z

If there's one thing to take away from this imo(you can disagree) is that folks really didn't like Will Smith like that. Like the voracity that people were ready to attack and put him down is kinda odd considering he was a sympathetic figure just 5 days ago. Then again we don't like people who are "Too good" or "Too perfect/clean" go out of our ways to find some dirt and when its found it's a full blown assault
I said this in the entanglement thread.....ppl acting like they dont like jada but it's sounding like they dont like Will.

It's the same shit they do to rusell wilson...on the surface it sounds like they dont like Ciara, but if you dig deeper....they dont like/respect Russ.

I said this in the entanglement thread.....ppl acting like they dont like jada but it's sounding like they dont like Will.

It's the same shit they do to rusell wilson...on the surface it sounds like they dont like Ciara, but if you dig deeper....they dont like/respect Russ.

I think it's both, but the hatred of one is dependent on the hatred of the other. They dislike Will for not being who they want him to be, dislike Jada for doing things that reveal Will's "flaws", dislike Will for the way he responds to the things Jada does and says, dislike Jada for not being as remorseful as they believe she should be, etc...

It's stupid.

I feel like Will has been a concept for the industry forever. He's generated a lot of power and if you ever met a powerful person they're usually assholes at their core (never meet your idols). His flaws have been hidden and protected because the machine didn't want him to look bad but he slipped up bad. He'll recover from this but he'll never be the same in terms of his star power

I think it's both, but the hatred of one is dependent on the hatred of the other. They dislike Will for not being who they want him to be, dislike Jada for doing things that reveal Will's "flaws", dislike Will for the way he responds to the things Jada does and says, dislike Jada for not being as remorseful as they believe she should be, etc...

It's stupid.
Will and Jada use to be "couple goals"...now they've aired out so much dirt that people are internalizing the truth that the ideal relationship doesn't exist and neither Will or Jada are capable of living up to those ideals. I think some people are grappling with that reality.. Some of us can sit back detached and analyze the situation, but there's a lot of people who can't...

It was time for the next phase of his career anyway. Folks have been tired of him saving the world every other summer. Mfs have been saying for years that he needs a proper heel turn to play against type.

And that's even if he wants to continue to work on screen. I hope above all he sorts out his personal life first. Idc if I never saw another Will Smith movie ever again if it means the cost is to save this brotha's life. All these memes and jokes is funny to everybody....until it ain't...bc he's someday turned all that suppressed rage into something harmful against himself or someone else he "loves". It ain't so funny then.

Last edited:
Will and Jada use to be "couple goals"...now they've aired out so much dirt that people are internalizing the truth that the ideal relationship doesn't exist and neither Will or Jada are capable of living up to those ideals. I think some people are grappling with that reality.. Some of us can sit back detached and analyze the situation, but there's a lot of people who can't...

You know what? I legit forgot that there was a time when people were trying to boost them up as the ideal couple.

The fact that bold is true is tragic. Funny that those people have to grapple with complete strangers reality and can't deal with it because they more than likely feel lied to.

Even a couple that people know personally a lot of what goes in their marriage a lot people will never truly know. Even my immediate family really doesn't really know how my wife and I deal with each other and the things we talk about or the moves we make until we decide to share them. Of course like 99% of the shit we discuss and decide we don't tell anybody. We married each other not the world.

I still think he gonna be alright he just won an Oscar ain’t like he killed somebody but damn he made history in a bad way with it.

Only reason I'm not sure is because his acting career was going poorly. Then this Oscar was gonna potentially get him on a good path again... but then this happened. Will's movies have mostly been struggling for a decade.

Back