Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

I'm seeing that the director left to do something else before the slap and Netflix has been looking for a new one so it just put it on the backburner for now

After Netflix went to bat for Dave... I kind of doubt they'd just drop movies because of this

I'd believe it more if they removed the Will Smith movies already on it. Since they haven't... I don't think they really care about the slap

Will was way out of line but I honestly don't feel bad for Rock for his previous jokes.

It annoys me when I see black people undermining black people for a cause that benefits black people. Rock decided the first person he was going after was another black person protesting the same event he was hosting. As black man he would have to know the optics but didn't care which is confusing.

It looked like the same playbook that fox news uses. A white person (oscars) has a black person attack another black person that is addressing race related issues so they don't look racist. A black shield.

Whatever his intentions were, only he knows. It would have been in his interest to attack regardless. If anything resembling a racist past is the worst skeleton for white people, cooning should be held in the same regard for us. Keep that same energy.

Last edited:
Back