Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

I should of put more context to the video cuz the title is super misleading and str8 click bait. DL basically is apologizing to Chris Rock in the video. Hes apologizing because he says the whole time hes been focused on Will and what he did and didnt see if he was alright and didnt think about his feelings.
I'm definitely guilty of this

Rock deserves the same support from our community as Will does

Chris Rock is not a fighter and never has been really. He's talked about how as a kid in NYC he used to get jumped a lot. His show Everybody Hates Chris was really based on his life. Not saying everything that happened in it was true but like the format. He wasn't the fighter but his brother Tony Rock was. Which was shown on the show in the form of Tony being the cooler and way stronger brother.

Chris Rock even said a friend of his said I know you make jokes and made a show out of your childhood but maybe you need to go to therapy about it to really talk about what happened not in joke form. So Chris Rock really goes to therapy about a lot shit that happened in his childhood. I believe he also spoke about one day putting a brick in his bookbag and hitting somebody with it and that person almost dying or some shit like that.

I know seeing violence and being a part of violence as child for most people they either hate violence and never fight or stand up for themselves. Or they become complete savages and violence is always the answer to them. It's seems Chris choose the part of never really being violent.

Nigga had 40 years to take a karate class, shit Hov did it, lol!

I'm definitely guilty of this

Rock deserves the same support from our community as Will does

Seems like he's gettin more days after everyone has fully processed it.

The universal responses I've seen from folks is how well he handled it. How he kept his composure and still presented Questlove wit his award.

Hell...Will Packer even said Chris saved the rest of the evening.

"Same sword they knight you, they gon' good night you with" ~ Jay Z

If there's one thing to take away from this imo(you can disagree) is that folks really didn't like Will Smith like that. Like the voracity that people were ready to attack and put him down is kinda odd considering he was a sympathetic figure just 5 days ago. Then again we don't like people who are "Too good" or "Too perfect/clean" go out of our ways to find some dirt and when its found it's a full blown assault

White people holding back til it feels safe to come out.

Back