Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll (Rd1) Goat TV Show Tournament: Westworld vs Walking Dead

Better Show?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed tf out of that show cheaters

I enjoyed tf out of the first few seasons of scandal, how to get away with murder, Grey's anatomy, blacklist, Hannibal, and a slew of other shows, but I wouldn't dare sit up here and mention them as possibly one of the greatest shows of all time

just because you personally like it doesn't mean it's one of the best to ever be made and that's ok
Funny you mention Greys Anatomy seeing it only has 16 seasons, I wonder why that is?
I’ve binge watched that show about 4 times but yeah you right it’s not all that. Lol

This doesn’t explain what I asked you lol.

It’s obvious you’re not a fan.

It does answer your question.

Not fan but I also think its a decent show very far from a great show IMO.

GOAT shows to me are must watch tv and Westworld has never been that and Walking Dead has been long gone from that.

Funny you mention Greys Anatomy seeing it only has 16 seasons, I wonder why that is?
I’ve binge watched that show about 4 times but yeah you right it’s not all that. Lol
it has that many seasons because it's a show that isn't dependent on a central character to drive the narrative

most hospital shows can go on forever because the source material for the cases are loosely based on actual cases irl. creating the various webs of storylines may present a challenge but at this point, it's definitely a lil long in the tooth

if you're not looking for some deep character rich storylines then this is a perfect show for that

it has that many seasons because it's a show that isn't dependent on a central character to drive the narrative

most hospital shows can go on forever because the source material for the cases are loosely based on actual cases irl. creating the various webs of storylines may present a challenge but at this point, it's definitely a lil long in the tooth

if you're not looking for some deep character rich storylines then this is a perfect show for that

Please tell me you are not saying that’s why it’s still going?
The fact is if people weren’t still watching it the show wouldn’t still be running.
But you got it. Lol

Please tell me you are not saying that’s why it’s still going?
The fact is if people weren’t still watching it the show wouldn’t still be running.
But you got it. Lol
people watch it, sure

but that doesnt mean its a good show

its very formula driven which, if you're a fan of that, then ok

but its not the good kinda tv that should be discussed for greatest shows of all time

hell, people still watch NCIS but that doesnt make it a good show

you know how target demographics work?

Walking Dead 1st 4 to 5 Seasons had Everyone Watching No Doubt , The Fall off was Epic tho

As a matter of fact season 5 is when a lot of great shows begin to show signs of going downhill for whatever reason
TWD always toed the line of following the comic for the first few seasons, then when they decided to say fuck the source material and come up with their own shit, it started going downhill pretty fast

people watch it, sure

but that doesnt mean its a good show

its very formula driven which, if you're a fan of that, then ok

but its not the good kinda tv that should be discussed for greatest shows of all time if it’s the GOAT to me then it is.
Doesn’t matter what you day or how you put it

hell, people still watch NCIS but that doesnt make it a good show

you know how target demographics work?
That’s still your opinion.
We all have them but it doesn’t mean yours is the right one.
It doesn’t matter how you explain it it’s one of theGOAT shows to me so stop wasting your words on me.

That’s still your opinion.
We all have them but it doesn’t mean yours is the right one.
ofc its my opinion, however, you havent said anything that counters it, so either you just like the show b/c it ticks off some boxes for you (which is totally fine, we all have those shows) or, you'e never sat and thought about why a show like Grey's has basically recycled the same character stories for 16 years or why a show like the walking dead has gotten progressively worse as it has continued

take for example the Negan bat scene. Now, im not a book snob, but i loved the graphic novel as the issues are very quick reads and are clearly more fleshed out, but in the graphic novel, that scene had power. There was an emotional connection that was established at that point in the novel to that character.

Not only did AMC completely fuck it up by stringing it out over two seasons, they did a ham fisted job of developing Glenn so by the time he got the ax, it was just like "oh..". There was no emotional weight to it, but again, if you like the popcorn shows, then by all means, continue to watch them, but that doesnt make it a GOAT tv show.

Talk to this nigga!
Related image

Never watched WestWorld

But WD has a cult like following. Motherfuckers love jumping on thaf HBO new trend bandwagon

ofc its my opinion, however, you havent said anything that counters it, so either you just like the show b/c it ticks off some boxes for you (which is totally fine, we all have those shows) or, you'e never sat and thought about why a show like Grey's has basically recycled the same character stories for 16 years or why a show like the walking dead has gotten progressively worse as it has continued

take for example the Negan bat scene. Now, im not a book snob, but i loved the graphic novel as the issues are very quick reads and are clearly more fleshed out, but in the graphic novel, that scene had power. There was an emotional connection that was established at that point in the novel to that character.

Not only did AMC completely fuck it up by stringing it out over two seasons, they did a ham fisted job of developing Glenn so by the time he got the ax, it was just like "oh..". There was no emotional weight to it, but again, if you like the popcorn shows, then by all means, continue to watch them, but that doesnt make it a GOAT tv show.
So your saying it can’t be a GOAT tv show for me?
Lol you’re silly.
Counter it?
Uhm this isn’t a debate it’s what I like and you can’t take that from me.

So your saying it can’t be a GOAT tv show for me?
Lol you’re silly.
Counter it?
Uhm this isn’t a debate it’s what I like and you can’t take that from me.
nah, im saying it can be a GOAT show for you, but it cant be a consensus goat show b/c its not

in other words, it can be matched up against better shows, so don't be surprised that it gets a first round exit

Walking Dead 1st 4 to 5 Seasons had Everyone Watching No Doubt , The Fall off was Epic tho

As a matter of fact season 5 is when a lot of great shows begin to show signs of going downhill for whatever reason

lotta shows start running out of ideas and/or writing themselves into a corner around that time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back