Welcome To aBlackWeb

Video Rate The Bars: T.I.

That means you can’t disparage any rapper. And if you do, just remember they are lyricists and they are displaying lyricism even if you don’t like it.
I can disparage their lack of skill, I can disparage their content, poor choice beat, and weakness of lyrics

I can disparage their lack of skill, I can disparage their content, poor choice beat, and weakness of lyrics
Now you’re being hypocritical. People in here are saying that Pac had weak lyrics. Your logic is if Pac is rhyming then that alone makes him lyrical and he’s displaying lyricism.

I dont understand east coast niggas wearing timbs with fucking shorts in the summer...but that dont mean east coast niggas cant dress...its just a part of the culture I dont understand lol

jZqvO_s-200x150.gif

Now you’re being hypocritical. People in here are saying that Pac had weak lyrics. Your logic is if Pac is rhyming then that alone makes him lyrical and he’s displaying lyricism.
That's not hypocritical... What does being lyrical have to do with weak lyrics, do you feel they're mutually exclusive? He's lyrical, but that don't cover his writing skills, they're are plenty of bad poets, that don't mean they are not lyrical and I'm not even calling Pac weak, just speaking in general.

That's not hypocritical... What does being lyrical have to do with weak lyrics, do you feel they're mutually exclusive? He's lyrical, but that don't cover his writing skills, they're are plenty of bad poets, that don't mean they are not lyrical and I'm not even calling Pac weak, just speaking in general.
Based on your logic this makes no sense and now I’m starting to get the feeling that you’re trolling.

Based on your logic this makes no sense and now I’m starting to get the feeling that you’re trolling.
Please explain to me what it is that you're taking from what I'm saying, because what I'm saying is lyrical does not mean good or bad but rather what it is that you are doing or better yet being through your words

Please explain to me what it is that you're taking from what I'm saying, because what I'm saying is lyrical does not mean good or bad but rather what it is that you are doing or better yet being through your words
How are you quantifying this? Based on your logic one person might view their lyricism as “beautiful” based on the actual definition. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder so you can’t truly say that either.

How are you quantifying this? Based on your logic one person might view their lyricism as “beautiful” based on the actual definition. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder so you can’t truly say that either.
OK I guess what I'm saying is lets say Maya Angelo drops a verse as well as Pac and Nas are they all lyrical still?

And if i think it sucks is it still lyrical?
To me yeah, lyrical is being expressive with the writer's emotions right? I don't think it means everybody should feel that its unanimously good nor do I think just because it's bad it doesn't mean that person isn't expressing their feelings on something. And the creative or beautiful way is the act of rapping.

To me yeah, lyrical is being expressive with the writer's emotions right? I don't think it means everybody should feel that its unanimously good nor do I think just because it's bad it doesn't mean that person isn't expressing their feelings on something. And the creative or beautiful way is the act of rapping.
But you said earl.. never mind

But you said earl.. never mind
Speak your peace, I'm trying to make myself clear so if I'm not coming off that way or what I'm saying seems confusing, then tell me so that you can get where I'm coming from. This isn't so much a debate as it is a discussion

Speak your peace, I'm trying to make myself clear so if I'm not coming off that way or what I'm saying seems confusing, then tell me so that you can get where I'm coming from. This isn't so much a debate as it is a discussion
There’s a reason why I brought up Kodak Black, then I said you have to keep the same energy, then you said that certain artists are bad song writers etc then I said how can you quantify whos a bad writer when music in general is subjective. You then contradicted that last point.

There’s a reason why I brought up Kodak Black, then I said you have to keep the same energy, then you said that certain artists are bad song writers etc then I said how can you quantify whos a bad writer when music in general is subjective. You then contradicted that last point.
Is me saying you can be bad but still be expressive not possible?

By you using the literal definition of lyricism instead of how it’s defined by hip hop. NO
Definition of lyricism is the artist expression of emotion (the subject and the pain, joy, hope, reflection, etc it holds) in an imaginative and beautiful way (rap). Agree or Disagree?

Definition of lyricism is the artist expression of emotion (the subject and the pain, joy, hope, reflection, etc it holds) in an imaginative and beautiful way (rap). Agree or Disagree?
I go by the hip hop definition of lyricism. But for the sake of this argument we are going by the textbook definition of lyricism. And based on that you can’t say anything is truly bad because it’s all subjective.

I ain't know @Goldie was ridin for Pac like that

Did that Tommy bilfiger dude from the IC join this? If he did I bet goldie banned him instantly

I ain't know @Goldie was ridin for Pac like that

Did that Tommy bilfiger dude from the IC join this? If he did I bet goldie banned him instantly
nah

tommy too cool to internet on a different message board

i got a feeling he got an account here already and just lurking under a different name

practically all of the cheapseats regulars here but him...somethings afoot

@Goldie bruh im on page 2, havent read it all, but yo explain why you on Lupe dick so hard, nh × 2, Shits disgusting from a grown ass man.

Back