Rank These Artists Tournamet (88)

Aint no "might as well". It was an NWA album. Period.

Moving on.

Nah, cube did most of the writing for the album and that's like saying "its a rakim and eric b album" so we can't count rakim This is pretty much asking who were the best MC's of that year.

Childrens Story
Teenage Love
Mona Lisa
Hey Young World

Thats 4 undeniable classic tracks on the album.

How is it dated but other albums from 1988 are not

l14qxlCgJ0zUk.gif
Literally the only song I've ever heard from that album is children's story, but going on the album's impact alone it doesn't hold up to FTL, SOC, or ITAN. Story telling existed since the beginning in rap rick was just exceptional at it.

FTL: Rakim set a standard for mc's that very few to this day can live up to

SOC: Started a whole sub genre

ITAN: One of the first politically focused albums to make it to the mainstream

Great Adventures: Fucking Hip hop Dr.Seuss

You old heads need to understand that a lot of the records yall liked back then are either dated or mediocre at best, but nostalgia won't let yall see that.

Bring on the down votes.

Yeah, but Eric B don't rap. You should know this Daniel Son. C'mon now.

Cube was in a RAP group. Other's contributed to the rapping on that album.

still a group project, doesn't matter.

Good content, dated music and basic abc flow.
but it's clear, crisp and descriptive......

very expressive, crazy smooth....

there was no confusion in cube's flow.....yea you might call it a basic abc flow.... but in all honesty, you can't learn to spell until you learn your abc's....cube................ and rakim...are to me the 100% true form of the rapper as it evolved from it's birth in the disco days......they were the changing point in the game.........especially for cube, cuz that album was fucking it bruh......

Cube in 88 is what dmx was in 98

just a complete animal...

Yea these group albums gonna be hard to figure out.

And MC Ren wrote his own shit 90% the time.

If Slick Rick's storytelling is timeless...then so is the album because the album is STORYTELLING
I disagree, and I'll prove it with a band from another genre.

ACDC is a classic no frills rockband with undeniable ability to write catchy 3 minute songs but I wouldn't put any of their albums down as classic, since most of their stuff is indistinguishable from each other. Same with slick rick, he excels at a single aspect but take that away and he's got nothing unique about him.

but it's clear, crisp and descriptive......

very expressive, crazy smooth....

there was no confusion in cube's flow.....yea you might call it a basic abc flow.... but in all honesty, you can't learn to spell until you learn your abc's....cube................ and rakim...are to me the 100% true form of the rapper as it evolved from it's birth in the disco days......they were the changing point in the game.........especially for cube, cuz that album was fucking it bruh......

Cube in 88 is what dmx was in 98

just a complete animal...

No no no no no

Rakim has FLOW, let the rhythm hit em is an example of a great flow. Cube's shit was hella basic and his albums sound dated af.

Nah b, DMX shit still sounds dope af 20 years later.

Reactions: Reesey