Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rank Series: Ghostface vs Andre 3000

Outkast started producing their own shit on the 2nd album (half and half), by the 3rd album it was mostly all outkast producing. And Love Below was all 3k...

Ok got it, thought it was Organized Noize producing everything.
So @BRIAN B. you're right I gotta take that point away from Ghostface.

So I got Ghostface winning 3 out of 5.

GFK Albums had a feature on like 80% of the songs and sometimes multiple dudes on 1 track

Aint exactly going to call that solo with a nigga on damn near every track

Last edited:
Where did you hear that from?

That's a been a thing for a long time, even if u look up "RIP Superb" (he just passed away last year), you'll see "alleged ghostwriter for ghost".

I aint wanna go there but hey :js4:

This nigga bout to cry over this shit

Nah nigga, you just pumping bullshit.

"- Impact (sales, hits , movements)

3k was part of way bigger hits, part of the highest selling hip hop album of alltime. Not really close, 3k dominated the game way more in his prime."

For example. What Outkast singles are better songs than Triumph, Ice Cream, Cherchez LaGhost, All I Got Is You, etc. Fuck how many records "Hey Ya" sold.

Nah nigga, you just pumping bullshit.

"- Impact (sales, hits , movements)

3k was part of way bigger hits, part of the highest selling hip hop album of alltime. Not really close, 3k dominated the game way more in his prime."

For example. What Outkast singles are better songs than Triumph, Ice Cream, Cherchez LaGhost, All I Got Is You, etc. Fuck how many records "Hey Ya" sold.

Here's the problem with that: It's a double album, and the RIAA still counts double albums twice for whatever reason. In truth Speakerboxx/The Love Below only sold 5.5M individual units meanwhile the next highest selling hip hop album, The Marshal Mathers LP, moved 10.6M individual units. In truth, MMLP is the highest selling hip hop album to date having moved nearly twice the number of units as Kast.

That's a been a thing for a long time, even if u look up "RIP Superb" (he just passed away last year), you'll see "alleged ghostwriter for ghost".

I aint wanna go there but hey :js4:

Ok Lord Superb was Raekwon's boy, seems like he put them rumors out there cause he was salty about getting put out of Rae's American Cream Team.

I ain't bout to believe that nigga.

Here's the problem with that: It's a double album, and the RIAA still counts double albums twice for whatever reason. In truth Speakerboxx/The Love Below only sold 5.5M individual units meanwhile the next highest selling hip hop album, The Marshal Mathers LP, moved 10.6M individual units. In truth, MMLP is the highest selling hip hop album to date having moved nearly twice the number of units as Kast.

Nah. When u bought double albums back then u were paying for 2 albums (price wise), which is why they count it as 2. And with Speakerboxx/Love Below , they were really 2 separate albums.

Starks Over Stiletos

bca6b69d678b00c92a8e66f47bf0fbc2.jpg

Nah. When u bought double albums back then u were paying for 2 albums (price wise), which is why they count it as 2. And with Speakerboxx/Love Below , they were really 2 separate albums.

Speakerboxx/Love Below was priced the same as single album when it was released.

and if you want to treat them as separate albums, then each one has only sold 5.5M copies, which still means neither is even in the top 10 for best selling hip hop albums of all time.

This has been a point of contention for years with artists. Where someone like Garth Brooks intentionally tried to exploit this system to make it appear as if he's sold more records than he really has and where The Beatles highest selling album appears to be The White Album when it's truthfully Abbey Road. You could release a 4 disc box set, sell 250K copies and still get an RIAA Platinum certification.

Speakerboxx/Love Below was priced the same as single album when it was released.

and if you want to treat them as separate albums, then each one has only sold 5.5M copies, which still means neither is even in the top 10 for best selling hip hop albums of all time.

This has been a point of contention for years with artists. Where someone like Garth Brooks intentionally tried to exploit this system to make it appear as if he's sold more records than he really has and where The Beatles highest selling album appears to be The White Album when it's truthfully Abbey Road. You could release a 4 disc box set, sell 250K copies and still get an RIAA Platinum certification.

I bought the album, it wasn't priced as a single album, df is u talkin bout lol

And regardless of the logic you're trying to create, the official charts has it as #1 :js4:

I bought the album, it wasn't priced as a single album, df is u talkin bout lol

And regardless of the logic you're trying to create, the official charts has it as #1 :js4:

Then you got fleeced. I paid $9.99 at Best Buy the week it came out.

Matter of fact @Goldie ...if we can set up a TC for a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday afternoon I’ll debate you on this topic frfr...I just don’t wanna do all that typing right now and I’m sure just like you I got mad points for and against both

Back