Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rank Series: Ghostface vs Andre 3000

@The Hue broke that shit down spectacularly.

What's the problem?

That's why i said I should've explained it better in the OP. Yall just been listing a bunch of nigga's accomplishments.

The person you ultimately are voting for doesn't and most likely shouldn't win all 5 categories cuz all the rappers we're talkin about in this part of the series have been voted top 10. So I highly doubt they're better at every single thing than their opponent. Which lets me know either yall aint being real about each category or yall don't know enough.

For example, it should be like

Impact: I'll give the edge to ____, cuz xyz

Then at the end i'll give the vote to ___ 3-2.

Yall niggas sayin the person you voted for is better at everything lol Nigga said ghost had 3 back to back classics :foh5:

If we're gonna really debate hip hop, let's do it objectively. Put that stan shit away for a sec.

That's why i said I should've explained it better in the OP. Yall just been listing a bunch of nigga's accomplishments.

The person you ultimately are voting for doesn't and most likely shouldn't win all 5 categories cuz all the rappers we're talkin about in this part of the series have been voted top 10. So I highly doubt they're better at every single thing than their opponent. Which lets me know either yall aint being real about each category or yall don't know enough.

For example, it should be like

Impact: I'll give the edge to ____, cuz xyz

Then at the end i'll give the vote to ___ 3-2.

Yall niggas the person you voted for is better at everything lol Nigga said ghost had 3 back to back classics :foh5:

If we're gonna really debate hip hop, let's do it objectively. Put that stan shit away for a sec.

Yea you were too vague in the OP. I get it now. Give me a sec.

My breakdown

- Catalog

They both have been part of arguably 5 clasics, but U gotta give the edge to Ghost cuz a couple of his were solo.

- Bars/Flow ( self explanatory)

This one's really neck and neck. Cuz neither were really punchline/bar heavy, but both had God level tier flow. I'm not mad either choice on this one. I'm callin it a tie.

- Impact (sales, hits , movements)

3k was part of way bigger hits, part of the highest selling hip hop album of alltime. Not really close, 3k dominated the game way more in his prime.

- Content ( self explanatory)

Lol Ghost admitted himself, some of the shit he would say would be straight gibberish. 3K is more well rounded in content.

- Influence ( influence on their peers and the generation who followed)

Both had/have a huge influence, but I gotta roll with 3k on this one too. Yea Ghost has kids from his tree (action bronson, griselda, etc), but the #1 cat in the game today (kendrick) comes directly from the tree of andre 3000. Even Drake with the rapping and singing shit.

Total vote: 3-1-1 andre 3000

CATALOG:
Two certified solo classics with Ironman and Supreme Clientele.
Key part of three other classics, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, and Wu-Tang Forever.

Four Classic albums being half of OutKast:
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, ATLiens, Aquemini, and Stankonia.

Winner: Ghostface Killah

INFLUENCE:
Before 1993, NYC Hip Hop had a specific sound, boom bap was the main thing you heard. Once Ghostface and his legendary group dropped 36 Chambers, NYC sound changed forever and ushered in the grimey style of the 90s.
The influence of Wu-Tang Clan on hip hop is immeasurable.

1995 Source Awards Best New Artist, OutKast helped put the South in the spotlight during East and West Coast Hip Hop dominance.
“The South have got something to say”
Put Atlanta on the map.
Fashion icon(no homo)

Winner: Andre 3000

IMPACT:
Including the Clan and individual projects, over 40 million records have been sold worldwide.
The movement of the grimey sound of NYC first introduced by Wu helped influence some of the greatest albums in Hip Hop history.

25 million records sold worldwide for OutKast. Multiple top 10 hits.

Winner: Ghostface Killah due to the worldwide impact of the Wu-Tang Clan.

CONTENT:
Grimey, mafioso street shit.

Winner: Ghostface Killah

BARS/FLOW:
One of the greatest spittas of all time.

Winner: Ghostface Killah (by a tiny fucking bit) Andre 3000's bars are top 5 also.

I got Ghostface winning 4 out of the 5 metrics.

Once again, billboard and soundscan shouldnt have nothing to do with who's best rappers of all time. GTFOH. Them bullshit stats nigga.

Then niggas say 3k is a better storyteller? In what universe.

Then cause one overrated nigga influenced another overrated nigga, he has more influenced on Hip-Hop.

You niggas got trash ears.

Ghostface Killah

CATALOG:
Two certified solo classics with Ironman and Supreme Clientele.
Key part of three other classics, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, and Wu-Tang Forever.

INFLUENCE:
Before 1993, NYC Hip Hop had a specific sound, boom bap was the main thing you heard. Once Ghostface and his legendary group dropped 36 Chambers, NYC sound changed forever and ushered in the grimey style of the 90s.
The influence of Wu-Tang Clan on hip hop is immeasurable.

IMPACT:
Including the Clan and individual projects, over 40 million records have been sold worldwide.
The movement of the grimey sound of NYC first introduced by Wu helped influence some of the greatest albums in Hip Hop history.

CONTENT:
Grimey, mafioso street shit.

BARS/FLOW:
One of the greatest spittas of all time.

“Grey Poupon is Revlon rap, smack pawns, swing like batons
Most my niggas smoke like Hillshire Farms”

"Call an ambulance, Jamie been shot, word to Kimmy
Don't go son, nigga you my motherfucking heart
Stay still son, don't move, just think about Keeba
She'll be three in January, your young God needs ya
The ambulance is taking too long
Everybody get the fuck back, excuse me bitch, gimme your jack
One, seven one eight, nine one one, low battery, damn
Blood comin out his mouth, he bleedin badly
Nahhh Jamie, don't start that shit
Keep your head up, if you escape hell we gettin fucked up
When we was eight, we went to Bat Day to see the Yanks
In Sixty-Nine, his father and mines, they robbed banks
He pointed to the charm on his neck
With his last bit of energy left, told me rock it with respect
I opened it, seen the God holdin his kids
Photogenic, tears just burst out my wig
Plus he dropped one, oh shit, here come his Old Earth
With no shoes on, screamin holdin her breasts with a gown on
She fell and then lightly touched his jaw, kissed him
Rubbed his hair, turned around the ambulance was there
Plus the blue coats, Officer Lough, took it as a joke
Weeks ago he strip-searched the God and gave him back his coke
Bitches yellin, Beenie Man swung on Helen
In the back of a cop car, Dirty Tasha are tellin
But suddenly a chill came through it was weird
Felt like my man, was cast out my heaven now we share
Laid on the stretcher, blood on his Wally's like ketchup
Deep like the full assassination with a sketch of it
It can't be, from Yoo-hoo to Lee's
Second grade humped the teachers, about to leave
Finally this closed chapter, comes to an end
He was announced, pronounced dead, y'all, at twelve ten"

Ghostface Killah will always have bigger claim to GOAT than 3 Stacks.

You're give ghost rza's credit as far as sound/influence/impact since he created the sound, being the producer & all

I was listening to Raekwons OB4CL2 this morning at the gym. I was listening to the song Gihad featuring Ghostface.

If you're unfamiliar, Ghostface raps about getting head from this girl that his son got pregnant. The son walks in and begins a confrontation. Ghostface slaps his child for the disrespect and to teach him a lesson on not impregnating whores because the son should have been able to recall the time he and Ghostface and friends ran a train on her. Yet, ghost's son still decides to have pre marital relations with her without the use of a condom.

After the altercation and ghostface barely escaping with his life, Ghost begins to talk to his son during the outro.

He tells his son something along the lines of: "Go to the store and get me a 40 and go get a steak out of the freezer for your eye. Put some bologna on your face or something. Make sure my 40 is cold too and when you get back, bag this shit up. Matter fact get you a 40 too and a pacifier."

For this alone, Ghost wins.

Once again, billboard and soundscan shouldnt have nothing to do with who's best rappers of all time. GTFOH. Them bullshit stats nigga.

Then niggas say 3k is a better storyteller? In what universe.

Then cause one overrated nigga influenced another overrated nigga, he has more influenced on Hip-Hop.

You niggas got trash ears.

This nigga bout to cry over this shit

I was listening to Raekwons OB4CL2 this morning at the gym. I was listening to the song Gihad featuring Ghostface.

If you're unfamiliar, Ghostface raps about getting head from this girl that his son got pregnant. The son walks in and begins a confrontation. Ghostface slaps his child for the disrespect and to teach him a lesson on not impregnating whores because the son should have been able to recall the time he and Ghostface and friends ran a train on her. Yet, ghost's son still decides to have pre marital relations with her without the use of a condom.

After the altercation and ghostface barely escaping with his life, Ghost begins to talk to his son during the outro.

He tells his son something along the lines of: "Go to the store and get me a 40 and go get a steak out of the freezer for your eye. Put some bologna on your face or something. Make sure my 40 is cold too and when you get back, bag this shit up. Matter fact get you a 40 too and a pacifier."

For this alone, Ghost wins.

Annnnnnnnd that shit was wack

It was a hard lesson for the son to learn, but it had to be taught. The son is stronger today because of it.

Ghost admitted he spit gibberish on his best fuckin album....

Wayne is one of my favorite rappers but i'm not gonna sit here and say he had amazing content. Did he have some songs with dope content? yea. But he also had a lot of songs with random punchlines and flows.

If niggas can't be objective then there's no point in breaking shit down. Fuck it, I tried to have a real discussion.

Just like we're giving 3 Stacks Organized Noize's credit....

Outkast started producing their own shit on the 2nd album (half and half), by the 3rd album it was mostly all outkast producing. And Love Below was all 3k...

Back