Welcome To aBlackWeb

Random Lady Thoughts

I swear when my hair is straight, my head feels 10lbs lighter. I flatironed my hair last Thursday so Im finally reverting back to nappy. It was nice seeing my scalp and using a rat tail comb for a couple days lol.

Revlon Rum Raisin was everything I hoped it wld be y'all. A deep plummy pinky brown nude. This my holy grail.

6 lives cuz of u chicka. How's it feel? I can't imagine 6 pregnancies. I'd be looking @ my body every morning like "how tf did u manage?!"

Bout to be my Sunday right after I finish some work. @Blactivity inspired me to do my first henna treatment in months.

lol! Trust me, I love and admire the strength of my temple often love, and I try to take great care of it because it has taken great care of me and has given life to my munchkins. ;-)

I tend to get the nursing/nurturing blues now that all of them are older, I miss them being babies and want another one. Hubby aint having it though. haha.

lol! Trust me, I love and admire the strength of my temple often love, and I try to take great care of it because it has taken great care of me and has given life to my munchkins. ;-)

I tend to get the nursing/nurturing blues now that all of them are older, I miss them being babies and want another one. Hubby aint having it though. haha.
I need to do the same. Little things like deep conditioning right now r making me feel like I ain't totally neglecting myself tho.
I swear when my hair is straight, my head feels 10lbs lighter. I flatironed my hair last Thursday so Im finally reverting back to nappy. It was nice seeing my scalp and using a rat tail comb for a couple days lol.
Girl i love brushing/combing straightened hair.

I just did the same after my workout. Ugh.. it takes a lot keeping these curves in order after 6 kiddos. lol.. trust, it aint easy. Still got my glass of wine in hand though. lol

6 kiddos? I envy you! I want a large family one day. But bae is like,

:idkb3: You are on your own with that!

Bout to be my Sunday right after I finish some work. @Blactivity inspired me to do my first henna treatment in months.

I need to look into henna myself. The tattoos are especially interesting cause I am otherwise not down with a permenantly tattoo. Knowing myself I just know I would have buyer's remorse the minute I get off the table.

:sadface:

6 kiddos? I envy you! I want a large family one day. But bae is like,

:idkb3: You are on your own with that!

I need to look into henna myself. The tattoos are especially interesting cause I am otherwise not down with a permenantly tattoo. Knowing myself I just know I would have buyer's remorse the minute I get off the table.

:sadface:
r u going to compromise or is he on a ticking clock now b?

For henna, r there Indians or Middle Easterners near u? Get a tube from where they get their ethnic food n hit YouTube girl! If places near u ain't got it, eBay n Amazon will.
Awwww. You sound so fresh and happy!

I'm glad girl lolll, fr. And I was an inspiration?

bashful.png
It's still not all out of my hair but feels so smoooove n well behaved.

<3

r u going to compromise or is he on a ticking clock now b?

For henna, r there Indians or Middle Easterners near u? Get a tube from where they get their ethnic food n hit YouTube girl! If places near u ain't got it, eBay n Amazon will.

It's still not all out of my hair but feels so smoooove n well behaved.

<3

He thinks two kids is the perfect number. Anyway if after two neither of us changes our minds, well, I will find a way. :lurkin:

He thinks two kids is the perfect number. Anyway if after two two kids neither of us changes our minds, well, I will find a way. :lurkin:
I used to want no kids but my mind changed. I know some ppl whonended up wanting fewer kids after they became parents n saw how exhausting it was too tho. Life has its own plans sometimes!

One day I will accept that braids are no longer for me. Til then I'll keep wasting my MFN money!!

IMG_4109.GIF

i guess this is the proper place but need some advice ladies

im currently rocking a curl sponged high top fade. The problem is its getting too high for the sponge to work the way it was intended. I mean, yea, it still curls, but i want a different look.

Tried to do the 2 strand twists, but either i did something wrong or my hair was too short at the time so it didnt come out like i wanted. Its much longer now, but i still dont think its long enough to twist...idk...im rambling

i guess this is the proper place but need some advice ladies

im currently rocking a curl sponged high top fade. The problem is its getting too high for the sponge to work the way it was intended. I mean, yea, it still curls, but i want a different look.

Tried to do the 2 strand twists, but either i did something wrong or my hair was too short at the time so it didnt come out like i wanted. Its much longer now, but i still dont think its long enough to twist...idk...im rambling

have you tried braiding? you can get a curl look, not just a crinkle

I kinda regret cutting my hair now that i've seen pics of Roxana Herrera. I wasn't far off smh

large.jpg

Alyssa Redenti's got the volume goals tho

c7d1ac2c08d8ee5d32818c9db2057cf1.jpg

Braiding is good. I agree with @BNE . Maybe even flat twists. Are you using any type of product(s) bc curl definers can help too?

have you tried braiding? you can get a curl look, not just a crinkle
i saw a couple of youtube videos on self braiding, but i just couldnt grip my hair, but i know its long enough to grip b/c i can part it and it will stay split if i use a clamp. My hands are too clunky, but thats the look i want...curly

i hate even typing this, but i've looked at videos on youtube under "thot boy hairstyle"...ugh...but yea...thats the look im going for...why they gotta be a damn thotboy tho...

i'ma put it in a spoiler b/c these new niggas upset me, but something like this...my hair isnt as long, but you get the idea

my hair is probably the length of this dude...maybe a tad shorter

Ooooh chileee. That's a lot of hair!
I know girl. I like it in pics but I know it'd annoy me IRL. the drama of it looks cool tho!

@AP21 thot boy lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I like the look tho. If your hair is the length of the second vid, you should be able to braid it. practice makes perfect. I haven't tried 2 strand twists like @Blactivity recommended but she knows a LOT about hair so I wld trust her suggestion.

Braiding is good. I agree with @BNE . Maybe even flat twists. Are you using any type of product(s) bc curl definers can help too?

yea...cant think of it right now

@BNE, well i did try when it was a lil shorter, and it took me forever to do them lol

when i undid them, idk, maybe my hair wasnt long enough or something, but they didnt look anything at all like i had hoped they were. I understand different textures of hair plus the combination of different products are going to give various results, but i looked cray

@BNE, well i did try when it was a lil shorter, and it took me forever to do them lol

when i undid them, idk, maybe my hair wasnt long enough or something, but they didnt look anything at all like i had hoped they were. I understand different textures of hair plus the combination of different products are going to give various results, but i looked cray
The products make a big big difference. I'd bet that's what it is. Don't use too many at once, experiment n see which product makes your hair behave in a way that cooperates with braiding/twisting.

When I braid or twist my hair, it looks wildly different depending on whether my hair was damp or dry when I started n what product I used. Isolate the factors n see what was up. I doubt it was the braiding or twisting itself not working for u.

my coworker recommended this nice curl creme but she not at her desk right now lol

i cant think of the name but i like this one the most out of all the shea butter products i've tried b/c it doesnt flake my scalp up

Yea...
We all have dif textures so what might work for one group, may be a disaster for another.

Some of us have to do less steps, more steps to achieve a look. It's basically manipulation. Product counts too.

Do you do your hair wet or dry?

Back