Welcome To aBlackWeb

Racists are in their feelings over Kap’s new Nike ad

All of these events the media chooses to cover and repeatedly show to the masses does nothing but fuel the negativity on both sides. On this particular issue, one side is right and the other is being given a voice to perpetuate an emotionally driven narritive void of reason.

There is an end game, and those that can profit off of it will. In one way or another. Seeing things play out from my perspective puts me in a space of sadness because of the unknown element that my offspring will have to deal with. How do you perpare somone for something you never personally experienced?

Im telling yall man its bout to bubble to a head real soon...

Yall better perpare yourselves for all possible outcomes.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/tru...ike-is-a-tenant-of-mine-paying-a-lot-of-rent/

Trump Weighs in on New Kaepernick Ad: Nike is a ‘Tenant’ of Mine Paying ‘A Lot of Rent’

President Donald Trump appeared to explain why he hasn’t attacked Nike yet for partnering with former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick today, as he toldthe Daily Caller that “Nike is a tenant of mine.”

Over the weekend, Nike announced that it’s 30th anniversary “Just Do It” campaign would focus on Kaepernick, who claims he was forced out of the league for protesting police brutality by kneeling during pregame national anthems. Conservative were quick to attack Nike for the advertisement push — which shows Kaepernick alongside the quote, “Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.” — with some even burning their Nike shoes and cutting the swoosh logo off their socks and shorts.

Surprisingly, Trump did not immediately join in on the attacks, but told the Daily Caller today, “I think it’s a terrible message. Nike is a tenant of mine. They pay a lot of rent.”

The former real estate investor remark about Nike paying him rent is a reference to the location of Niketown New York.

Trump continued:

But I think it’s a terrible message that they’re sending and the purpose of them doing it, maybe there’s a reason for them doing it, but I think as far as sending a message, I think it’s a terrible message and a message that shouldn’t be sent. There’s no reason for it… As much as I disagree with the Colin Kaepernick endorsement, in another way — I mean, I wouldn’t have done it.”

“In another way, it is what this country is all about, that you have certain freedoms to do things that other people think you shouldn’t do,” he added. “But I personally am on a different side of it
.”

Trump sparked a mini culture war last year after he attacks NFL players for protesting police brutality while in uniform, calling the athletes that do kneel for the anthem sons of bitches.

Among those calling for a Nike boycott is the National Association of Police Organizations an interest group that represents more than 241,000 officers, according to TMZ. "In featuring Mr. Kaepernick in the 'Just Do It' campaign, Nike grossly insults the men and women who really do make sacrifices for the sake of our nation," the letter obtained by TMZ Sports reads. "We are calling on all our member officers, their families and friends to join in boycotting all Nike products."

The letter also reads:

"The inclusion of Mr. Kaepernick in Nike’s “Just Do It” ad campaign also perpetuates the falsehood that police are racist and aiming to use force against African Americans and persons of color. In reality, officers across the nation risk their lives not only protecting the athletes featured in Nike’s various campaigns, but also serve aspiring athletes across the country who use the Nike brand, through the thousands of Police Athletic Leagues, Boys and Girls Clubs and Big Brother/Big Sister programs where our officers donate their time and energy. They deserve to have the respect and full support of corporate citizens like Nike."

"Adding to the insult is the image of Mr. Kaepernick from the campaign featuring the quote “Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.” The fact that Mr. Kaepernick is no longer a starting NFL player does not equate to him being someone who has “sacrificed everything”. To truly understand what it means to “believe in something” and “sacrifice everything”, you should look to Arlington National Cemetery, or to the National Law Enforcement Officers’ Memorial in Washington, D.C., or to the trauma unit of a military hospital. The brave men and women of every race and color buried there, memorialized there, healing there, believed in this nation and our flag and exemplify the true meaning of “sacrifice”."

In addition to Kaepernick, Nike's 30th anniversary "Just Do It" campaign, which is meant to specifically speak to 15- to 17-year olds, also features Serena Williams, LeBron James, Odell Beckham Jr., Lacey Baker and Seattle Seahawks rookie Shaquem Griffin.

"We wanted to energize its meaning and introduce 'Just Do It' to a new generation of athletes," Fisanotti said, per ESPN.

Some bad cops is not a good reason to hate all cops. However, a large number of cops thinking it is better to vilify those protesting the bad cops instead of working to get rid of the bad cops is pretty close to being one.

Back