Welcome To aBlackWeb

Racists are in their feelings over Kap’s new Nike ad

Invest brothas & sisters... In stocks & the product. Fixin to buy a Kaep Jersey soon as I get paid.

LMAO at bringing up the military when this shit has nothing to do with that

White ppl mad at blacks while Latinos taking over the country lmao

Same thing with the Jews. The Jews have a stranglehold on the country from a monetary and media standpoint but these fools stay mad at black people and blaming them for everything under the sun.

Those Mexicans are taking back California.

Didn't know the brother from TMZ had his own podcast. He recently had Whitelock on the show and finally went in on him around the 48:00 min mark. about his stance on Kaep

Same thing with the Jews. The Jews have a stranglehold on the country from a monetary and media standpoint but these fools stay mad at black people and blaming them for everything under the sun.

Those Mexicans are taking back California.

lol Your sentiment doesn't make a lot of sense. The same racists that are against blacks also cheer about Mexicans being ripped from their homes and families. Many of them also hate Jews and believe that everything wrong with the country is some Jewish conspiracy. They are just shitty people in general. It's not limited to a hatred for blacks. We are just the poster children for that hate.

lol Your sentiment doesn't make a lot of sense. The same racists that are against blacks also cheer about Mexicans being ripped from their homes and families. Many of them also hate Jews and believe that everything wrong with the country is some Jewish conspiracy. They are just shitty people in general. It's not limited to a hatred for blacks. We are just the poster children for that hate.

They put much more effort into black ppl bruh. Much more

https://www.fox16.com/news/local-ne...ttle-rock-nike-store-police-called/1444922341

Man Waves Flag Outside West Little Rock Nike Store, Police Called

'My priority is supporting law enforcement, firefighters and paramedics'

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Shoppers got more than they bargained for Thursday at the Promenade in west Little Rock after police showed up to find man waving a flag outside the Nike store.

"Now what better place to wave the flag than right here in front of the Nike store," Jimmie Cavin can be heard saying in a video he posted to Facebook.

Cameras captured Cavin sitting outside the store with a blue-line flag fluttering in the wind.

"It was lunch time, so they were full and I know people were watching from over there," Cavin said in an interview on Friday.

"My priority is supporting law enforcement, firefighters and paramedics."

Cavin tells us, he sat on his tailgate and didn't say anything to anybody.

"I guess probably 15 minutes into it, a Little Rock patrol car pulled up," Cavin says.

According to a police report Cavin showed us, officers showed up after a store manager reported a disturbance.

"Of course, we chatted," Cavin says.

"He realized I wasn't doing anything wrong."

Cavin says, almost as quickly as they arrived, police left.

"So, Nike called the police on the guy supporting the police for supporting the police," Cavin says.

It comes on the heels of the Nike's new promotional launch featuring Colin Kaepernick. The former NFL quarterback drew controversy for kneeling during the national anthem.

While Cavin may not agree with Kaepernick, he says he supports Kaepernick's right to express himself.

"I usually fly them on my truck too," Cavin says.

It illustrates a firm grip on freedom but not without some checks and balances.

"I mean, just an ol' redneck sitting on his tailgate waving a flag," Cavin says.

We reached out to the Nike media relations department, it told us the company respects the right to peacefully protest.

Cavin has posted up at several different spots in central Arkansas over the years waving different flags in support of law enforcment and first responders.

nike%20flag%20web%20pic_1536957091986.jpg_55455304_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

They put much more effort into black ppl bruh. Much more

lol You could have said that in the past, but you'd be hard pressed to say that especially concerning Hispanics nowadays. They are getting shitted on left and right. On top of that, you got CaCs out there saying they don't care what Trump does as long as he gets the Mexicans out of here. That's racism in full effect.

My question to that vet was whether or not he was as passionate in defense of all his black soldiers who came over from Vietnam and were denied military benefit and still discriminated against based on their race. If not, he can politely shut the fuck up. Yeah, he lost his legs serving his country, but blacks lost legs and more doing the same thing and some of the same people applauding him and calling him a hero treated those black soldiers like shit.

My question to that vet was whether or not he was as passionate in defense of all his black soldiers who came over from Vietnam and were denied military benefit and still discriminated against based on their race. If not, he can politely shut the fuck up. Yeah, he lost his legs serving his country, but blacks lost legs and more doing the same thing and some of the same people applauding him and calling him a hero treated those black soldiers like shit.

Two responses you gonna get from white people
conversation.gif

tenor.gif

Last edited:
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/n...-council-joins-others-boycotting-nike-n910761

Rhode Island town passes resolution to boycott Nike products

Officials in the town are upset with Nike's decision to use former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick in an ad campaign.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. — A Rhode Island town council has voted to ask its departments to refrain from purchasing Nike products, one of a handful of local governments or agencies that have called for boycotts in recent weeks.

The North Smithfield Town Council passed the resolution on a 3-2 vote Monday evening, Council President John Beauregard said. The resolution is nonbinding.

Beauregard, a former state trooper, is upset with Nike's decision to use former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick in an ad campaign. The town's administrator didn't know of any specific Nike products that municipal departments are currently using.

The American Civil Liberties Union of Rhode Island said the town could be held legally and financially liable for violating the First Amendment and told members of the council: "Just don't do it."

The mayor of a New Orleans suburb recently rescinded a similar directive based on an attorney's advice.

Kenner Mayor Ben Zahn, a Republican, had issued a memo saying that Nike products could not be purchased for use at city recreation facilities. It also required the parks and recreation director to approve all athletic purchases by booster clubs using the facilities. The order prompted a protest that included three members of the NFL's New Orleans Saints and hundreds of others.

And Mississippi's public safety chief said over the weekend that state police would no longer buy Nike products, saying that Nike doesn't support law enforcement and the military. It wasn't immediately clear how much gear the state police agency buys from Nike, though the department has bought shoes, shirts and tactical training uniforms from the company. Republican Gov. Phil Bryant lauded the decision.

A Nike spokesman said Monday he couldn't comment on the various governmental actions.

Kaepernick began kneeling during the national anthem in 2016 to protest police brutality and social injustice.

Beauregard said he proposed taking a stance in North Smithfield because he feels Kaepernick has been disrespectful toward police. He said it's not about kneeling during the anthem.

In a statement released after the vote, the ACLU of Rhode Island described the resolution's passage over the objects of residents who opposed it as "shameful."

"By attacking the right to peacefully protest and refusing to recognize the racial injustice prompting it, the resolution shows a disdain for both freedom and equality," the statement said. "Rhode Island is better than this."

https://www.wapt.com/article/governor-bryant-facing-backlash-over-nike-ban/23307352

Governor Bryant facing backlash over Nike ban
ACLU of Mississippi says ban is violation of the First Amendment

JACKSON, Miss. —

Governor Phil Bryant is facing backlash over his decision to join the ban on Nike products from the Mississippi ACLU.

Former San Francisco 49'ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is now the face of Nike's new "Just Do It" campaign. Kaepernick began kneeling during the national anthem back in 2016 in response to police brutality and social injustice.

Several local and state government agencies including Mississippi have since decided to ban Nike.

Governor Bryant voiced his support of the Mississippi Public Safety Division's decision to ban Nike products.

The Mississippi chapter of the ACLU issued a statement Tuesday:

"Nike recently featured Colin Kaepernick prominently in a new advertisement campaign. Kaepernick took a knee during the National Anthem to bring attention to the lack of accountability of law enforcement officers who kill unarmed black men and boys. President Donald Trump has tried to divide our country by re-framing the lawful protest as unpatriotic and disrespectful of the military and an assault on law enforcement. In response to Nike’s ad, Commissioner of Public Safety Marshall Fisher and Governor Phil Bryant joined President Trump in his divisive culture war by implementing and supporting a ban by the Mississippi Department of Public Safety on the purchase of Nike products. The below quote can be attributed to ACLU of Mississippi Executive Director and retired U.S. Army Colonel Jennifer Riley Collins:

“Mississippi has a long history of failing to acknowledge and hold accountable those who commit injustices against black and brown people and other ethnic minorities. Commissioner Fisher’s decision to not purchase Nike products is yet another attempt to change the narrative and refuse to acknowledge that black and brown people are disproportionately being killed at the hands of law enforcement without accountability.

“Like, Marshall Fisher, I too served this nation in uniform. I did so proudly and honorably in peace and war because I believe that every American should have the right to exercise the freedoms for which I fought. Both governmental officials should be reminded that they represent all of Mississippi and are sworn to uphold the constitution, which includes the freedom of speech and right to peaceful protest.

“Commissioner Fisher, with the governor’s aid, is trying to use the power of his public office to prevent others from expressing their support for Colin Kaepernick. Commissioner Fisher’s decision is a clear response to political speech with which he disagrees. The most fundamental precept of the First Amendment is that the government cannot suppress one side of a public debate. The government cannot impose ideological litmus tests on government contractors.

“About 75 years ago, the Supreme Court held in the Barnette decision that ‘no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein.’ Mississippians individually can use their power in the marketplace to express their satisfaction or dissatisfaction and advocate for or against political, social, and economic change. We saw this during the Boston Tea Party, the Montgomery bus boycott, and the campaign to divest from businesses operating in apartheid South Africa. The government and our state leaders in their official capacity, including Marshall Fisher and Governor Bryant, however, cannot participate in unconstitutional efforts to stamp out First Amendment-protected campaigns.

“Whatever you may think about Nike or Colin Kaepernick, political protests are a legitimate form of non-violent speech, and are protected by the First Amendment. When Kaepernick took a knee, it was not in opposition to law enforcement or the military nor was it disrespectful to this country. It was in protest of the pervasive racial injustice that still remains in our country. If Mississippi is to ever escape the vestiges of its divided past and move forward to become a place of hospitality and opportunity for all, our state’s leaders must focus on legitimate governmental issues.”"

The organization says that Bryant's support of the Nike ban is a violation of the First Amendment right of free speech.

Mississippi Department of Public Safety Commissioner Marshall Fisher said Saturday to the Associated Press, "As commissioner of the Department of Public Safety, I will not support vendors who do not support law enforcement and our military."

https://www.mediaite.com/print/ex-g...s-out-hes-not-protesting-the-national-anthem/

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-kaepernick-kneel-boyer-20180916-story.html

Ex-Green Beret Who Inspired Colin Kaepernick to Kneel Speaks Out: ‘He’s Not Protesting the National Anthem’

Nate Boyer, the former Green Beret whose conversation with Colin Kaepernickinspired the former 49ers quarterback to kneel during the national anthem in protest of police brutality, spoke out to the Los Angeles Times about the protests that have become a cultural firestorm.

Boyer — who had multiple war deployments as a Green Beret and tried out as a long snapper for the Seattle Seahawks — told the LA Times he was “disappointed” when he first heard Kaepernick was sitting down during the national anthem.

A thoughtful open letter to Kaepernick he wrote in the Army Times then went viral, and caught Kaepernick’s attention, who asked to meet Boyer with teammate Eric Reid.

Boyer told the LA Times Kaepernick was adamant he would not stand, so they discussed ways he could protest in a more inspiring way than sitting on the bench.

Per the LA Times:

That next game, Kaepernick knelt during the anthem, and Boyer, hand over his heart, stood alongside him on the sideline in street clothes.

“I was showing that I support his right to do that, I support the message behind what he’s demonstrating for,” Boyer said. “But I’m also standing with pride because I feel differently in a lot of ways too. But there’s nothing wrong with feeling differently and believing different things. We can still work together to make this place better.”

Boyer also pointed out his frustrations at being mischaracterized by partisans. Liberals, he said, claim he told Kaepernick to take a knee.

He explained: “And I’m like, ‘I didn’t tell him to do anything. I definitely didn’t tell him to protest. What I did was meet with him, make suggestions on different ways to do it after he was already protesting. And worked with him to kind of come to a middle ground.’”

Conservatives, meanwhile: “[They] put all veterans in this box and say, ‘You’re offending every veteran.’ That’s also ridiculous. Or, ‘He’s protesting the anthem.’ He’s not protesting the national anthem. It has become an anthem debate, but that’s not what the protest is about. It’s about racial inequality, police brutality.”

Buuuuuutttt...I could've sworn I saw him during an ESPN interview (when this 1st developed) say he suggested Kap to kneel instead of sitting??

Aaaaaannnnnddddd how come he's been mostly silent on this the whole time??

You frustrated...but obviously not frustrated enough to stand with Kap and deflect the lies Trump was spewing. Why wasn't you out there sooner correcting these muthafuccas. Especially considering...YOU'RE A VET!!!

Back