Welcome To aBlackWeb

Racists are in their feelings over Kap’s new Nike ad

Aaaaaannnnnddddd how come he's been mostly silent on this the whole time??

You frustrated...but obviously not frustrated enough to stand with Kap and deflect the lies Trump was spewing. Why wasn't you out there sooner correcting these muthafuccas. Especially considering...YOU'RE A VET!!!

He has been. I've seen him to in multiple interviews setting the record straight. The media just doesn't care about the truth.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story...lin-kaepernick-post-controversial/1355937002/

Mississippi constable’s Colin Kaepernick post controversial

Nike's latest ad dares athletes to dream. 'Don't ask if your dreams are crazy. Ask if they're crazy enough. #justdoit' Nike

A Facebook post shared by a Mississippi elected official shows a photo of NFL free agent Colin Kaepernick next to 9/11 attacks mastermind Osama Bin Laden.

WREG reported that some citizens in Marshall County are wondering what Constable Don Cothern meant by sharing the social media post. According to Facebook, Cothern re-posted the picture that reads, "If Bin Laden had a son."

WREG reached out to Marshall County officials who said they could not comment. But Cothern responded to the media attention with the following post on Facebook:

"Well, as I'm sitting in the ER, I see that I made the Chanel 3 news, for a Facebook post that I re shared, well over a week ago, last time I checked, we in America had freedom of speech. I am a TRUE American and I firmly believe that you should stand for our National Anthem, not kneel, so if I offended anyone, I'm sorry. But I also know this is a Political move, since our county election is right around the corner. Yes, I am still the Constable and I am very thankful that the Lord has blessed me to continue to serve, while also doing dialysis for the last 5 years. People that know me, know that there is not a racist bone in my body, so go somewhere Thelbert Lesure. Lord, I ask you to forgive those that trespass against me, for they know not what they are doing. God Bless you."

Kaepernick has made headlines for kneeling during the National Anthem during his time as a professional football players. Some called that unpatriotic.

An endorsement deal between Nike and Kaepernick has prompted a flood of debate as people reacted to the apparel giant backing the athlete known mainly for starting a wave of protests among NFL players against police brutality, racial inequality and other social issues.

Some fans have urged a boycott of the company's clothes and sneakers — even burning and cutting out the signature swoosh logos on their gear.

Others pushed back, saying the backlash against Nike showed the polarizing debate has morphed well beyond whether NFL players should be allowed to demonstrate for social causes while the national anthem plays in stadiums before games.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...can-just-do-despite-surging-sales/1433527002/

Nike investors less sure it can 'just do it' after it reports quarterly earnings

Nike investors appear to be somewhat wary despite the sneaker giant's uptick in sales over the summer, and a controversial anniversary campaign that has led proven a beacon to shoppers.

Shares slipped less than 1 percent to $84.02 in afternoon trading, the day after the company reported brisker sales, particularly overseas, had led to $1.1 billion in net income. That was a 15 percent increase over the same three month period last year.

Sales of fleece tops, jackets and pants were a particular standout, surging 11 percent.

Analysts are expecting even stronger results in the second quarter, thanks to its 30th anniversary "Just Do It'' campaign, which features Colin Kaepernick, who has become a lightning rod in the national conversation about social justice and patriotism in the wake of his kneeling during the national anthem to protest police brutality.

Nike's move sparked a #NikeBoycott campaign, and even some former customers to burn their sneakers, while others clamored to the brand pledging to buy merchandise and even stock.

"We know it's resonated actually quite strongly with consumers obviously here in North America but also around the world,'' Nike Inc. chairman, president and CEO Mark Parker said in a call with investors Tuesday. "Its' driving a real uptick I think in traffic and engagement both socially as well as commercially. We've seen record engagement with brand as part of the campaign.''

Neil Saunders, managing director of the retail consultancy GlobalData, doubted that Nike's stock price would stay down.

"Despite the fact Nike delivered good growth that beat many estimates, investors were looking for more and were disappointed when that didn’t materialize,'' he said. "Given Nike’s share price has risen over recent weeks, the decline is a short-term movement and not too much of a concern."

https://www.nj.com/politics/index.s..._investment_council_to_explore_divesting.html

Colin Kaepernick ad campaign prompts N.J. to explore divesting pensions from Nike

The council overseeing New Jersey's $77 billion public worker pension fund will study its investments with Nike at the urging of a member representing police and firefighters who is unhappy with the company's new ad campaignfeaturing Colin Kaepernick.

Marty Barrett, a representative of retired police officers and firefighters, asked the council to consider divesting from its Nike holdings because of the ad.

Nike's use of the sports figure, whose protests of police brutality during the National Anthem drew controversy, has triggered boycotts of the brand.

Barrett said Thursday that Kaepernick's protest disrespects members of the military and first responders who were killed on 9/11.

Nike "made one of the worst business decisions of all time" in making Kaepernick the face of its ad campaign, Barrett said.

The State Investment Council voted unanimously to review its holdings, which a spokeswoman for the Treasury Department said include 311,500 equity shares valued at $26 million and 20 million principal valued at $18 million.

According to [URL='https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-04/as-nike-boycott-gets-underway-next-battleground-may-be-pensions']Bloomberg, four other public pension funds in Colorado, Wisconsin, Ohio and Oregon manage police pensions and own Nike stock.

Patrick Colligan, president of the New Jersey State Policemen's Benevolent Association, told NJ Advance Media Barrett was acting without his knowledge and that he is reticent to "involve politics in pension investments."

"I have been adamant, even when the governor chose to become more socially conscious with some of the investments, that I'm not sure we should be in the social justice business when we're investing in pensions, with the vast deficiencies and unfunded liabilities that we have in all the systems."

In recent months the state has dumped investments in a company manufacturing semi-automatic rifles and a private prison contractor that runs family detention centers amid increased scrutiny of the Trump administration's immigration policy.

Nike did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
[/URL]

DFBCBEC2-98FB-4060-9378-CB942E02B108.gif

It's like when Lou Dobbs went to Faux...he forgot to take his common sense and sanity back at CNN

He was starting to lose it back towards end of his time @ CNN.. When he jumped on “Birther” conspiracy train...

And I use to watch that muthafucca when he was on CNN. I didn't even noticed he lost his mind until he got to Faux. Lol

NFL is still the most watched thing on TV though and the last 2 weeks they been high as hell LMAO

NFL can lose ratings but no other show is coming close to them

NFL is still the most watched thing on TV though and the last 2 weeks they been high as hell LMAO

NFL can lose ratings but no other show is coming close to them

KlshLP3x6lN9zSlltfmtHBesUUo3Yokh6879ZSsvpF4Bfv18L8VYTi3hMsn5kO58dilbhTT_7h10f87N_0aNLcKeoa9hQEolbPIcUbSHm0SAR0l7c8FVkCVqyC-Fs0oRNVRYo0vK

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/10/ar...irts-mugshots-mock-colin-kaepernick-activist/

Arkansas sheriff’s office forcing inmates to wear Nike shirts in mugshots to mock Colin Kaepernick: activist

A Sheriff’s Department in El Dorado, Arkansas, reportedly forced inmates to pose for their mugshots in Nike t-shirts. According to criminal justice reform activist Shaun King, who first posted the mugshots, it was meant to protest the company’s new ad campaign starring former football player Colin Kaepernick.

“The Sheriff in Union County, Arkansas is putting Nike t-shirts on people they arrest and making them wear them during mugshots,” King wrote on Twitter.

“Source says it is to mock Nike and Colin Kaepernick. Disgusting.”

Shortly after Nike announced they would be partnering with Kaepernick, conservatives launched a series of boycotts of the company for supporting Kaepernick’s protest against police brutality and violence against people of color.

The local station KATV reached out to the Sheriff’s office, but received no comment. The Sheriff’s office removed the photos after the allegations.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/...shots-after-report-theyre-kaepernick-inspired

Sheriff Takes Down Inmates’ Nike Mugshots After Report They’re Kaepernick-Inspired

A sheriff’s office in Arkansas removed mugshots from its jail roster less than an hour after journalist and activist Shaun King reported that inmates had been dressed in Nike t-shirts in order to mock Colin Kaepernick, the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported Wednesday.

King on Wedesday cited an unnamed source who told him the shirts were used in Union County Sheriff’s Office mugshots “to mock Nike and Colin Kaepernick,” in his words.

Kaepernick signed a marketing deal with Nike in early September, even though the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback is not currently signed with any NFL team; in 2017, he filed a complaint against the NFL alleging franchises had colluded against him, in order to keep him out of a job, in retaliation for him kneeling during the national anthem protest against racism and police brutality.

In August, an arbitrator said Kaepernick’s case could move forward.

A representative of the Union County Sheriff’s Office told TPM the office would be releasing a statement on the story over email. This post will be updated with any statement.

The Democrat-Gazette reported Wednesday that one piece of Nike apparel seen in several mugshots — with a small trademark “swoosh” on the breast — had been used in mugshots pre-dating Kaepernick’s Nike deal. A second piece of Nike apparel — with “Nike Athletics” in large letters — came into use a few days after Kaepernick’s deal, the Democrat-Gazette reported.

At least 11 of the 182 inmates whose mugshots were taken down had been wearing that shirt in the photos over their clothing, according to the report.

Back