Welcome To aBlackWeb

Question: what’s the first major news event you remember in your lifetime?

Smh @ bein’ damn near grown af for half y’all niggaz first significant memories...I had thought tha world was ending about 14 times before shit like OJ and Tupac gettin’ shot lol

Iran Contra
Berlin Wall
Tha Russian nigga wit tha spot on his head playin’ wit’ nukes and shit Gorba-however-tha-fuck-u-spell-it

Them shits real news...

Niggaz in here talkin’ about memories from right before when people was gettin’ plasma TV’s n shit...
:smh:

3 y/o when the wall dropped. I dont remember none of that.

Smh @ bein’ damn near grown af for half y’all niggaz first significant memories...I had thought tha world was ending about 14 times before shit like OJ and Tupac gettin’ shot lol

Iran Contra
Berlin Wall
Tha Russian nigga wit tha spot on his head playin’ wit’ nukes and shit Gorba-however-tha-fuck-u-spell-it

Them shits real news...

Niggaz in here talkin’ about memories from right before when people was gettin’ plasma TV’s n shit...
:smh:

Bruh, all the way until the fall of the USSR I just knew a nuclear fueled WW3 was gonna happen and the planet would be destroyed. My elementary schools were also bomb and radiation shelters so from the 2nd grade until the end of the 6th grade we had random nuclear bomb drills during the school day. Pretty sure every kid that came up in the late 70's through the 80's has some form of latent PTSD from all that shit.

Bruh, all the way until the fall of the USSR I just knew a nuclear fueled WW3 was gonna happen and the planet would be destroyed. My elementary schools were also bomb and radiation shelters so from the 2nd grade until the end of the 6th grade we had random nuclear bomb drills during the school day. Pretty sure every kid that came up in the late 70's through the 80's has some form of latent PTSD from all that shit.

Big facts...

I remember when Muhammad Ali made his comeback against Larry Holmes and my mother saying, "he should retire". Then the following year he made another comeback against Trevor Berbick and she said, "he should retire".

But in my mind, he wasn't old because he had been boxing since as long as I could remember. I didn't understand that he was at the end of his career because he was so popular at the time.

I remember the election between Carter and Reagan. There was an independent candidate named Anderson. When my teacher asked us who we wanted to win I can remember saying I wanted Anderson to win just to be different. But, if you ask a 1st grader who should be president you're not going to get a logical answer because first graders don't know anything about politics, other than what they overhear from their parents.

Watch Netflix The Confession Tapes Season 1 Episode 5

Happened in 1984 that is the first major news event I remember. It was major for DC I would say.

Atlanta missing and murdered children. If you grew up in or around ATL in the late 70s-early 80s you will never forget the name Wayne Williams. He was a real life version of the Boogie Man.

Last edited:
I remember when Muhammad Ali made his comeback against Larry Holmes and my mother saying, "he should retire". Then the following year he made another comeback against Trevor Berbick and she said, "he should retire".

But in my mind, he wasn't old because he had been boxing since as long as I could remember. I didn't understand that he was at the end of his career because he was so popular at the time.

I remember the election between Carter and Reagan. There was an independent candidate named Anderson. When my teacher asked us who we wanted to win I can remember saying I wanted Anderson to win just to be different. But, if you ask a 1st grader who should be president you're not going to get a logical answer because first graders don't know anything about politics, other than what they overhear from their parents.

I remember watching one of the debates at my grandmother's crib up in Bay City. I REALLY wanted Carter to win but I couldn't even begin to tell you why, I just remember not liking Reagan for some reason.

Al Sharpton and Rev. Jessie Jackson tryna get the us government to teach ebonics in school..

Which when u think about it now..

ForkedSneakyEgg-size_restricted.gif

What type of shit was these niggaz on?

Back