Welcome To aBlackWeb

Question: what’s the first major news event you remember in your lifetime?

Smh @ bein’ damn near grown af for half y’all niggaz first significant memories...I had thought tha world was ending about 14 times before shit like OJ and Tupac gettin’ shot lol

Iran Contra
Berlin Wall
Tha Russian nigga wit tha spot on his head playin’ wit’ nukes and shit Gorba-however-tha-fuck-u-spell-it

Them shits real news...

Niggaz in here talkin’ about memories from right before when people was gettin’ plasma TV’s n shit...
:smh:

I was bout to come in here and say this shit honestly.

im sure there was something else but thats the one I remember.

Jon Benet Ramseys murder is another one but I just googled it and that happened after Pac died in 96 so

giphy.gif

I think I was in a strip club called tha Stank Fanga tha night Pac got shot...

:yikes2:

Last edited:
Smh @ bein’ damn near grown af for half y’all niggaz first significant memories...I had thought tha world was ending about 14 times before shit like OJ and Tupac gettin’ shot lol

Iran Contra
Berlin Wall
Tha Russian nigga wit tha spot on his head playin’ wit’ nukes and shit Gorba-however-tha-fuck-u-spell-it

Them shits real news...

Niggaz in here talkin’ about memories from right before when people was gettin’ plasma TV’s n shit...
:smh:

My homegirl will be 45 next month and she said The Challenger explosion but her second response was Magic's HIV announcement. I pointed out that she was 17 at the time and her response was "I didn't watch the news as a kid". That effectively ended that conversation.

Jimmy Carter winning the election in '76. I was 3.5 years old. The very next major event I can remember was the Space Shuttle Enterprise's flight and after that the death of Elvis.

Jimmy Carter winning the election in '76. I was 3.5 years old. The very next major event I can remember was the Space Shuttle Enterprise's flight and after that the death of Elvis.

You niggas remember what was on the news when you were 3.5 years old? Lmaooooo

Some of you lie about the most useless shit.

You niggas remember what was on the news when you were 3.5 years old? Lmaooooo

Some of you lie about the most useless shit.

You don't??? Fuck is wrong with you?

I regularly amaze my mother when I tell her shit from when I was even younger. I have very detailed memories from back then. My son has the same type of memory. My wife's brother was murdered in 2005, we could only afford to send her to Oakland for the funeral but she also took our son who was only 18 months old. To this day he can describe the flight attendants, the family, the OG that spanked him for acting up, etc.

Watching the evening news was a family event back then. My stepfather believed very strongly about the family keeping up on current events and the election was something he had us following closely. Enterprise was a huge deal as well which is why I'll never forget seeing it's test flight piggybacked on that big ass plane and Elvis dying was something that happened after I turned 4 and, as with everything else, it was a huge deal.

I think I was 7 when Blair was elected. My teacher pulled me aside and told me why it was a big deal.

TV makes it difficult tho, I remember the Simpsons talkin' about a lotta shit and its like do I remember the event or just the joke

Jim Jones and Jonestown.
Tookie Williams robbery
Raymond Washington murder.
Moster Kody shooting.

You don't??? Fuck is wrong with you?

I regularly amaze my mother when I tell her shit from when I was even younger. I have very detailed memories from back then. My son has the same type of memory. My wife's brother was murdered in 2005, we could only afford to send her to Oakland for the funeral but she also took our son who was only 18 months old. To this day he can describe the flight attendants, the family, the OG that spanked him for acting up, etc.

Watching the evening news was a family event back then. My stepfather believed very strongly about the family keeping up on current events and the election was something he had us following closely. Enterprise was a huge deal as well which is why I'll never forget seeing it's test flight piggybacked on that big ass plane and Elvis dying was something that happened after I turned 4 and, as with everything else, it was a huge deal.

Always a titan graph explaining yourself about simple shit. Didn't read.

Back