Welcome To aBlackWeb

Question is this fair.......

Is it fair or not?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 28 96.6%

• Total voters
well i remember reading a study that concluded there was no direct or consistent research suggesting transgender female individuals (or male individuals) have an athletic advantage at any stage of their transition.

plus trans women actually have a disadvantage competing with cis women since due to blockers. so in fact trans women have a lower testosterone level than cis women.

the blockers also diminish their bone density

One study? A study where the results haven’t been reproduced by other scientists isn’t really considered useful

what studies have you read that suggest the opposite???? @Rubato

6C911547-6753-45C0-8C73-87896AB25FE1.png

this is a more indepth article than the one you posted and it deadass says:

A8BCC933-1416-45E7-96D7-5ACB9137B51E.png

You asked for my sources and continue to only acknowledge your own

I guess this was just meant to be a silly thread, my mistake

Im acknowledging your sources. Im just stating theres limited data still. im assuming you didnt read your sources fully and simply wrote in google “transgenderd [..] are more advantaged...” because there are other articles that go in depth and challenege what you posted.

confirmation biases are the devil

Im acknowledging your sources. Im just stating theres limited data still. im assuming you didnt read your sources fully and simply wrote in google “transgender are more advantaged...” because there are other articles that go in depth and challenege what you posted.

That is a valid point to make if you can describe the methodologies of the two studies being compared and why yours was more “in depth”

The Harper study has two obvious flaws

1) The activity she mainly focuses on is distance running, when the sports that require explosive movement are the ones where you actually see the most disparity between sexes.

2) It overestimates hormonal impact and underestimates the importance of lean muscle mass. Check this out..

12E54E90-A12F-42F8-8C7C-45CB5D07E862.jpeg

the study is literally a shithole tho, they chose 26 TM and 46 TW and it clearly states a transgender woman who transitions before or at puberty, “doesn't really have any advantage”

i mean even the lead research on the study you posted said the only conclusion is "we need to do a few more studies" sooo ??

the study is literally a shithole tho, they chose 26 TM and 46 TW and it clearly states a transgender woman who transitions before or at puberty, “doesn't really have any advantage”

i mean even the lead research on the study you posted said the only conclusion is "we need to do a few more studies" sooo ??

Lol “transgender athlete” is already a tiny bucket to pick from, now imagine how many are “transgender athletes willing to be part of a study”

Back