Welcome To aBlackWeb

Proud Nubian Black Man Fat Joe Posts His Childhood Pic

lol @ finding random dudes and concluding one of them must be his dad. I get your point though. I never knew he supposedly had a dark skinned father. In the intro to Pun's first album he said he had "The heart of an Indian, the strength of a Black man, and the pride of a spaniard," which lines up with the racial mixure that makes Ricans. So I always took it as both Pun and Joe acknowledging that as Ricans, they have some black heritage and they happily claim that. Now whether or not that's enough for them to use the N word is a different matter, but I don't see why anyone would fault Joe for acknowledging his black heritage even if it is probably a small degree.
He had never acknowledged that he's black

I've yet to hear it tho.

He had never acknowledged that he's black

I've yet to hear it tho.

You don't remember when they asked Fat Joe about this topic on Hot 97? He said that all Latinos were black and broke down how islands like PR and Cuba had huge African populations at one time. Now he was wrong for a variety of reasons, but unless you think that he doesn't believe that he is a Latino then you can't say he doesn't believe himself to have any black ancestry.

Reactions: GNS
Mack 10 father is black and you can clearly see that. B real is white cuban and I never was cool with him saying it. Tho he doesn't use it as much as Fat Joe

Fat Joe got his start with black rappers then left them for a bunch of Ricans when he found Pun and stay disrespecting black women as I posted the evidence video and also according to Remy.

Pun is definitely half black rican and you can see the hair texture on his son.

Fat joe also supported Blue lives matter and said he won't kneel for the flag.

Also when asked why he uses the n word he said "cuz I'm that nigga"

Very insensitive for a dude that never speaks on black positivity.

Also he's only been linked to white or latina woman and his daughter looks like a white girl.

Mack 10 just been linked to black women. They not the same.
Fact checking like whoa

I don't know that any artist gets a universal pass. It kinda seems like people give passes to artists they like and complain about artists they don't. I mean artists like B-Real and Mack 10 use the word all the time and I don't ever recall anyone making a big deal out of that. Hell, Pun had a whole song on his album called Nigga Shit, and I don't remember ever seeing much complaining about that. Yet, people seem to go out of their way to get mad about Fat Joe using it.

If you or others in here are against all of them using it, then it's all good. I get that. I just haven't heard other artists catch the same flack.

On a side note, we not going to talk about all these black artists that so freely use the word around non-black artists and even refer to non-black artists using that word? They are the ones enabling the bad behavior.

dont know how long you been listening to hip hop but this discussion been going on since the 90s

the internet make it seem like artists are being singled out

regarding fat joe - i like him as an artist, but he's looking real shaky right now...

You don't remember when they asked Fat Joe about this topic on Hot 97? He said that all Latinos were black and broke down how islands like PR and Cuba had huge African populations at one time. Now he was wrong for a variety of reasons, but unless you think that he doesn't believe that he is a Latino then you can't say he doesn't believe himself to have any black ancestry.
Well we can't know his intentions for sure.

On the topic of B-real I just remembered that he got a fro and some black features, Joe got that little house on the prairie bowl cut.

No pics of his moms to determine tho, only a deleted IG pic

Well we can't know his intentions for sure.

On the topic of B-real I just remembered that he got a fro and some black features, Joe got that little house on the prairie bowl cut.

No pics of his moms to determine tho, only a deleted IG pic

I feel what you saying. I just don't think looks should be the determining factor in this discussion. Rashida Jones can pass for white moreso than Joe, and she's legitimately half black.

It seems like your problem with Joe saying it is that you feel like he's not as close or as much of an ally to black people as he puts on, and for that reason you don't like him saying it. I think that is a more valid stance to take than digging up pictures with him that show no evidence of black admixture.

I feel what you saying. I just don't think looks should be the determining factor in this discussion. Rashida Jones can pass for white moreso than Joe, and she's legitimately half black.

It seems like your problem with Joe saying it is that you feel like he's not as close or as much of an ally to black people as he puts on, and for that reason you don't like him saying it. I think that is a more valid stance to take than digging up pictures with him that show no evidence of black admixture.

What I meant by De La Soul was y'all take this shit waaaayy too seriously.

Thread was clearly a troll thread and was only meant to make jokes.

Shit was not meant to have a logical discussion whatsoever, but here we are.

It ruins the fun when y'all take it too seriously.

What I meant by De La Soul was y'all take this shit waaaayy too seriously.

Thread was clearly a troll thread and was only meant to make jokes.

Shit was not meant to have a logical discussion whatsoever, but here we are.

It ruins the fun when y'all take it too seriously.

lol Come on son. This was the post that you made a few posts before mine.

True but.

He's protecting the same flag that been shitting on Puerto Rico and could care less when they have hurricanes despite being an American territory.

Also protecting the flag that has had beef with his other country Cuba for ages.

And then his protecting the same cops that he said been harrasing him his entire career trying to get him locked up.

Makes no sense.

Was what I said really that much more serious that what you were saying? I get where you coming from, but the tone had already begun to shift before I said anything.

lol Come on son. This was the post that you made a few posts before mine.

Was what I said really that much more serious that what you were saying? I get where you coming from, but the tone had already begun to shift before I said anything.
Lol nah most were on the same page and laughing hence why I dropped the dancing gif saying another blassic thread.

But this stuff happens way too often, yall weren't like this on the IC.

Saw a similar thread about Joe on a different site and it was jokes galore.

Same when I made a thread clowning Jeezy and young buck. People wanna get all serious.

Enjoy the laughs or keep it moving.

You could tell I was only clowning but since the thread got a more serious tone I had to do that as well.

Lol nah most were on the same page and laughing hence why I dropped the dancing gif saying another blassic thread.

But this stuff happens way too often, yall weren't like this on the IC.

Saw a similar thread about Joe on a different site and it was jokes galore.

Same when I made a thread clowning Jeezy and young buck. People wanna get all serious.

Enjoy the laughs or keep it moving.

You could tell I was only clowning but since the thread got a more serious tone I had to do that as well.

I really didn't know it was a joke topic. I came in the middle and saw some serious parts and thought this was like the other topics on this subject. It ain't like I saw y'all clowning and was like "I'm gonna hit these niggas with a five page essay on the history of blacks in Puerto Rico." Lol. I'll leave it be though. I wasn't trying to detail shit.

Mack 10 father is black and you can clearly see that. B real is white cuban and I never was cool with him saying it.

If I’m not mistaken, B-Real’s mother is black (or mixed )Cuban and his father is Mexican. He don’t look white to me at all; he looks like a mixed dude.. Especially when he used to rock that Afro back in the 90’s.

But, Joe has said a few things in the past that kinda rubbed me the wrong way...

1.) I remember him saying something about how much he hated when all the rappers were wearing those African medallions back in the late 80’s.

1600910608071.jpeg

He liked it better when everybody was draped in gold chains and shit.

2.) I don’t remember the song or the exact line, but I distinctly remember him saying something about Heather B being ugly in one of his songs.

Now, if you don’t find Heather B attractive, that’s cool, but I can’t help but think he wouldn’t have said that if she was light-skinned and/or Latina.

I remember Joe on drink champs talking about how another Latin rapper confronted him about chilling with black people so he had to stop fucking with said rapper.

Back