Welcome To aBlackWeb

Presidential Candidate: Andrew Yang...talks Universal Health care, $1k dividend monthly stipend, etc

Dope AF.

You right tho in that he has no chance. But I don’t think he wants to be President. I think he wants to put these issues at the forefront to shape the narrative and change the dialogue.

Last edited:
I plan on watching but was anything discussed about where the moneys coming from to support this stipend thing?

Same thing I was wondering.

There's gotta be some stipulations or something, because the whole plan would fall apart if enough people with minimum wage jobs simply stopped working because of it.

Basically, it'd be too many people on it.........and not enough taxpayers to support them.

Just finished. He is down to earth, has great ideas, has a plan is detailed whatever he ends up doing he will be an asset in whatever capacity

There's gotta be some stipulations or something, because the whole plan would fall apart if enough people with minimum wage jobs simply stopped working because of it.

Basically, it'd be too many people on it.........and not enough taxpayers to support them.
nope

watch the video brah

all your questions get answered in there

He has proposed a “value added tax”. My understanding is that it essentially taxes profit spikes in the implementation of automation solutions amongst large corporations.

The leaps in costs saving from companies implementing automation; would theoretically fund the basic income of the workers they are displacing.

He has proposed a “value added tax”. My understanding is that it essentially taxes profit spikes in the implementation of automation solutions amongst large corporations.

The leaps in costs saving from companies implementing automation; would theoretically fund the basic income of the workers they are displacing.
shouldve made him watch the video fam lol

Problem with that is most large corporations barely pay any tax as is.

I'm assuming "value added tax" is probably based on a company's stock value.

I think market capitalization is the proper term.

@Sion would know for sure.

Anyway, what happens if the market crashes and/or the stock loses value?

Seems like accounting gimmicks and market uncertainty would prevent Yang's proposal from being a viable option.

More precise definition -

What is a Value-Added Tax – VAT?
A value-added tax (VAT) is a consumption tax placed on a product whenever value is added at each stage of the supply chain, from production to the point of sale. The amount of VAT that the user pays is on the cost of the product, less any of the costs of materials used in the product that have already been taxed.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/v/valueaddedtax.asp

Disregard my next post then.

That's totally different than what I thought value added tax meant.

one of these days, you gon read ALL the posts before you comment lol

I like this Yang cat. I'd vote for him, but I don't think he has enough of a machine behind him to make it out of the primaries. The thing I like about him is that he doesn't just spout a bunch of wild ideas. He can articulate the numbers and plan for everything he puts out there. Every time he speaks on something he can tell you exactly how it should be done. Even Bernie isn't always consistent with that. A lot of these progressives have what sound like good ideas, but when pressed they don't have good answers for how to implement those ideas. You have to do better than "Tax the rich and cut defense spending."

I like this Yang cat. I'd vote for him, but I don't think he has enough of a machine behind him to make it out of the primaries. The thing I like about him is that he doesn't just spout a bunch of wild ideas. He can articulate the numbers and plan for everything he puts out there. Every time he speaks on something he can tell you exactly how it should be done. Even Bernie isn't always consistent with that. A lot of these progressives have what sound like good ideas, but when pressed they don't have good answers for how to implement those ideas. You have to do better than "Tax the rich and cut defense spending."

he needs to reach a certain threshold to even reach the debate stage hopefully he reaches that and he can press these candidates

he needs to reach a certain threshold to even reach the debate stage hopefully he reaches that and he can press these candidates

Yeah, even if he doesn't get elected. If he gets the word out about UBI, and people understand why it's necessary and achievable, that might be good enough.

Yeah, even if he doesn't get elected. If he gets the word out about UBI, and people understand why it's necessary and achievable, that might be good enough.

Surely he will be in someone administration if he wants to

And people will hate it simply because we would get it morw than the rich receiving it lol

Back