Welcome To aBlackWeb

Presidential Candidate: Andrew Yang...talks Universal Health care, $1k dividend monthly stipend, etc

I don't like that at all. How long are folks supposed to get the stipend?

Haven't listened to the interview yet. Plan on it for my ride home.
he goes into detail about that...

but i think he said until you die or 65 depending on if you get medicare or something. I'm gonna research this some more

What exactly do you want responded to?
are you an apostle of Tariq? lol

im fucking with you....maybe lol

but seriously...thoughts on his stipend. This is probably the only form of reparations black people are going to get, however, its not specifically for black people, so I want to know what they think about it

Also, he touched on specifically what he wanted to do for HBCUs

he goes into detail about that...

but i think he said until you die or 65 depending on if you get medicare or something. I'm gonna research this some more

Cool I'm going to try and listen to it on my way home or at work tomorrow

are you an apostle of Tariq? lol

im fucking with you....maybe lol

but seriously...thoughts on his stipend. This is probably the only form of reparations black people are going to get, however, its not specifically for black people, so I want to know what they think about it

Also, he touched on specifically what he wanted to do for HBCUs
Universal healthcare=trickle down
HBCU=bullshit

Universal healthcare=trickle down
HBCU=bullshit
so, you want healthcare specific to black people and NO one else?

why is the HBCU bullshit in your opinion. Trying to have a convo with you man

so, you want healthcare specific to black people and NO one else?

why is the HBCU bullshit in your opinion. Trying to have a convo with you man
The bold is a red herring.

The HBCU is bullshit because a lot of politicians use that to pander to black people. Clinton’s did it, Bush’s did it, Obama, even Trump.

The bold is a red herring.

The HBCU is bullshit because a lot of politicians use that to pander to black people. Clinton’s did it, Bush’s did it, Obama, even Trump.
let me ask this another way

what is the timetable for the two things mentioned?

Like does he need to give money to hbcu's within the first 100 days?

let me ask this another way

what is the timetable for the two things mentioned?

Like does he need to give money to hbcu's within the first 100 days?
Nothing wrong with universal healthcare as HBCU funding I also doubt it’ll get passed within the first 100 days. I’m not sure what the timetable will be maybe a year for universal healthcare and days for HBCU.

Nothing wrong with universal healthcare as HBCU funding I also doubt it’ll get passed within the first 100 days. I’m not sure what the timetable will be maybe a year for universal healthcare and days for HBCU.
ok cool

I was starting to assume you had some unrealistic idea on how quickly this could get implemented...Im glad I asked you to clarify

thank you

Watched it in full have to say im intrigued

He had a lot of good answers i just wonder how realistic all of this is bc i can imagine with the way the current system is set up he would get a lot of push back.
was there anything in particular you liked?

was there anything in particular you liked?
The stipend thing is what drew me to watch. I heard about it before but brushed it off as some welfare type shit. The way he broke it down n didnt mention raising taxes changed my mind.

Raising pres salary but not allowing a pres to join for profit committees after term to prevent pandering to large corporations who dont have the public interest at heart

The democracy dollars idea was interesting too. I wonder if it could work cuz the whole 'have to ask rich corporations for financial backing' shit rigs the game before a candidate even gets to office

Definitely makes me wanna get my research on

Great drop.

This candidate now has my attention.. even moreso than the so-called Democratic front runners
this all im saying

I want him on the debate stage

the only "issue" for me now is that b/c he's trying to build his platform, most of his interviews are just rehashing the same stuff

thats not a slight to him, but i want to see the interviews where there are other things discussed outside of the things he's said in every single interview.

I might watch the joe rogan one today

Back