Welcome To aBlackWeb

PLAYSTATION PlayStation 5

I'I think I may have better luck maybe coppin one from Newegg or B&H rather than Best Buy or Walmart at this point.

We'll see. I still got my tabs open lol

Nah they gotta buy online themselves no employee discounts either. That's how one of my boys got his. Had to use his sister's employee login and try to catch it like everyone else. Any consoles in store are paid for and labeled for pick up..

The consoles are kept in warehouses then delivered to Walmart for pick up or the home address. That makes employee theft damn near impossible. Same for best buy who limited in store and curbside pick up. They just rather send it staring from warehouse to minimize theft.

That's not entirely true. A manager I talked to today said that all of the ones they passed out last night were for in store only. They just never advertised it because individual Wal-Marts don't advertise exclusive stuff like that.

That's not entirely true. A manager I talked to today said that all of the ones they passed out last night were for in store only. They just never advertised it because individual Wal-Marts don't advertise exclusive stuff like that.

Maybe in the us. I know in Canada that isn't happening. Its mail or online order pick up. All the ones in store are already paid for under lock and key.

This was done primarily for social distancing. Minimizing contact.ĺ

Yup. A dude on Twitter walked into a Wal-Mart 30 minutes away from me and he said he picked his up after talking to the manager. I saw his post and I called the store and 3 different people got on phone and told me 3 different things. Fist they said online only. Then they said we don't have any available in the store. Then they asked me if I bought one online and if I was coming to pick it up today.

And what's fucked up is some of the ones that they sold today were scheduled for pickup and they're banking on just giving you one of the ones from their Cyber Monday stock. That plus employees and managers are keeping some to the side for themselves.

Well I know not buy a PS5 from Walmart. To keep it real I don't like fuckin' w/Walmart to begin with and I definitely won't be buying anything else from them after the fiasco I went through with them this past summer over returning a shitty made desk.

With the backlog I have on my PS4, I can definitely wait. Whenever I get a PS5 I'm see if I can get it from Gamestop (Don't really like buying from them). I noticed that some times when next gen consoles drop they have deals around the following summer going into fall where they will give you near $200 in store credit towards a new gen PS/XBox if you turn in a last gen Playstation or XBox console.

Alright, here we go

I don't remember the year but a game was coming out that I had been looking forward to getting. This is when I learned how pre order content worked with games. The game was Brink. I thought it had so much potential but the servers at launch and post launch were so bad that practically all of the release day crowd gave up on it like 2 weeks later. Yikes

Anyway, I pre-ordered my copy from BB to get whatever exclusive bonus they were offering. I go pick the game up and I don't see anything on the cover that indicates the bonus was included. Keep in mind, this is when they still sold physical DVDs, CDs, etc..

So I asked the girl who checked me out, she said she didn't know. I wasn't tripping because how could she. But she offered to ask the guys in the video game section. They had no clue. So then she asked the shift manager who was on duty. Something I can't recall happens here because I asked to speak with him. He was a young brotha so I was trying to talk with him.

I can physically see this nigga like 30ft away from me and he just flat out refused to come talk to me. He kept passing messages through the girl who would then come and tell me. Now he's trying not to make eye contact with me and I'm getting annoyed.

This nigga tried to pretend he was assisting other customers then I see this nigga flicking rubber bands at other employees. These niggas playing games and shit on the show floor. My wife at the time sees me try to go over there to confront him and pulls me back.

I ended up calling the district manager and told him what happened. He apologized and gave me a $25 gift card. He tried to explain that the age difference in employees at certain parts of the day impacted the customer service and that he was trying to fix that. Basically, all the grown folks worked during the day and not on weekends and the young college kids worked evenings and weekends.

Another time I went in that store to buy a cd, no one could tell me where it was despite it being released on the day I went to get it. This was when they started to downsize that section. I wasn't asking for Frank Sinatra greatest hits. The shit just came out. How tf you can't even tell me where your new release section is?

I just ended up buying it digitally which ended up being the first ever album I bought that way.

So this is what I learned about pre-orders. I assumed that they separate pallets of games. One with pre-order bonuses, the other without. Well, there is no difference. You can go into GameStop to pick up your pre-ordered game and the dude right behind you who didn't pre-order will have the same bonuses. They all have codes in the game boxes.

I got a Best Buy near where I live and most of the time I prefer to go the one that's like 10-15 miles away at the mall from that spot b/c of the horrible customer service.

I know I went to the Best Buy near my house to do a game trade-in which takes nothing but 5 mins to do but it took 20 minutes to do b/c I was in a store full of employees doing nothing with only about 3-4 customers. One of them just standing around doing nothing and I had been trying to get help for 5 mins. It's another customer that's been waiting at the other register forever. Dude comes over tries to do a trade-in, but he's on the wrong register! So another guy just did the trade-in for me a gave me a gift card with the credit on it. Tried to use the gift card and couldn't use it for what I wanted so I said fuck it and left out the store.

Well I know not buy a PS5 from Walmart. To keep it real I don't like fuckin' w/Walmart to begin with and I definitely won't be buying anything else from them after the fiasco I went through with them this past summer over returning a shitty made desk.

With the backlog I have on my PS4, I can definitely wait. Whenever I get a PS5 I'm see if I can get it from Gamestop (Don't really like buying from them). I noticed that some times when next gen consoles drop they have deals around the following summer going into fall where they will give you near $200 in store credit towards a new gen PS/XBox if you turn in a last gen Playstation or XBox console.

Problem with them this time around what you'll be getting from them is returned ooen box systems.

Called the store back this morning and was told, in a very annoyed tone "we've had ppl in line for two days and there's currently 200 ppl in the store".

This was 10 minutes after opening so yeah glad I didn't go up there.

Jives with what I've been reading online about ppl out in store hunting and it being hit or miss

Called the store back this morning and was told, in a very annoyed tone "we've had ppl in line for two days and there's currently 200 ppl in the store".

This was 10 minutes after opening so yeah glad I didn't go up there.

Jives with what I've been reading online about ppl out in store hunting and it being hit or miss

I already know what's gonna send me over the top. One of these retail associates is gonna compare selling these PS5's to war and I'm gone lose my shit. I hate when people compare the most basic shit to war.

Just sell the fucking shit if you got it.

Has anybody heard of any stories about people getting robbed for a PS5? I haven't heard anything as far as robberies and thefts. It seems like the only people who are really fucking up is Walmart employees.

Last edited:
Back