Welcome To aBlackWeb

PLAYSTATION PlayStation 5

I don't like the sound of that, but if we're being honest, they already kinda moved to that this generation. The Pro is essentially the PS4.5 and they released that after like 5 years.
I don't like it either, but... on average, folks nowadays don't keep cellphones for 5 years so... it was bound to happen.

Wonder why it won't work with 3rd party games. Now that Xbox tweet makes sense

I don't think it's that the controller won't work. They could make it work if they wanted. I think the issue is that Sony wants to really push developers to make use of the functionality, and some of them won't do that if they know part of the customer base is using controllers that doesn't even have that functionality. It's part of the reason why Microsoft didn't want to release a version of the XB1 that didn't include the Kinect.

I don't think it's that the controller won't work. They could make it work if they wanted. I think the issue is that Sony wants to really push developers to make use of the functionality, and some of them won't do that if they know part of the customer base is using controllers that doesn't even have that functionality. It's part of the reason why Microsoft didn't want to release a version of the XB1 that didn't include the Kinect.
I get that but standard 3rd party games it should work though because they usually don't include additional features

I might cop on release if they have one of those PS4 trade-in specials. Otherwise, I might hold off since I got a bit of a PS4 backlog.

They will probably tempt folks with the "ps5 exclusive content" like GTA. I think personally I'm just gonna stick to eBay or catching used copies. Wait for the speedrunners and trophy hunters to knock out the game in the first month or so and then buy it for the cheap.

Last of Us 2 is now averaging around $35... *starts saving some of these into the eBay watchlist*

having second thoughts on copping... not sure I wanna purchase consoles... my gaming has dramatically declined... so it’s gonna be a waste tbh..

Back