Welcome To aBlackWeb

PLAYSTATION PlayStation 5

Does that whole first wave of consoles being defective and having issues even happen anymore?

I can’t fathom waiting a year and a half to get a console anymore. I remember I had a 360 when my friend had a PS4 and we went to his house to play 2k14

I had to go back home and play I think the same exact game on the 360 and I was disgusted

I’m hype for the PS5 but just like the last two consoles before it I’m waiting for some fuckery to go down the first few months after launch. The titles they bringing out for it look good but there’s so much mileage left on the PS4 it’s gonna take a lot for me to switch on the quick.

Yup. If I decide to buy another console I'll be waiting at least two years before I cop one and I will be buying it at a discounted price. The first year is a no go for me because Sony and MS are only trying to turn a profit and there really isn't a big library of games to choose from. The consoles aren't truly tested until the consumers start buying them. Then you get an idea of how faulty or buggy the consoles are.

You shouldn't need a stand to lay it on its side. If you want it to stand up you may need one for it then
"Long answer: Sony might have led with the vertical arrangement for the PS5 reveal, but don't fret -- you can place your PS5 horizontally, as with all previous PlayStation consoles. Sony has confirmed as much in a couple of images:

The PS5 can indeed be put on its side with the use of a stand to accommodate its curved surface."

Yup. If I decide to buy another console I'll be waiting at least two years before I cop one and I will be buying it at a discounted price. The first year is a no go for me because Sony and MS are only trying to turn a profit and there really isn't a big library of games to choose from. The consoles aren't truly tested until the consumers start buying them. Then you get an idea of how faulty or buggy the consoles are.
ps4 and xbone consoles only console that didnt have any faulty or buggy consoles that i heard of

PS5_XBOX_Comparison_v3-720x405.jpg
It can still be positioned on its side, of course, but it looks like it will take a small support stand to keep the system from tilting awkwardly. Either way, that nearly 16-inch height is by far the tallest PlayStation console to date – towering three inches over the next-tallest Sony console, the original-body full-fat PS3.

This is the important takeaway.

Microsoft is expected to undercut PS5 by $100 with the Xbox Series X. And when you consider that Microsoft has a suite of services, a more powerful console and what’s shaping up to be comprehensive backwards compatibility, the Xbox Series X could be a serious threat to a PS5.

If Sony is going to charger more for the PS5, then they are really going to have to do some strong marketing. They will probably have the deeper and better catalog of games at or near launch, but I don't know if that will be enough especially given that about half of those games will probably be niche indie shit that doesn't appeal to everyone.

If Sony is going to charger more for the PS5, then they are really going to have to do some strong marketing. They will probably have the deeper and better catalog of games at or near launch, but I don't know if that will be enough especially given that about half of those games will probably be niche indie shit that doesn't appeal to everyone.
Rumours of a cheaper Xbox as well

And the bold is all they'll need. MS been killing PS w/ Backwards Cap and it's services. And yet it's still playing catch-up. That's why they doing the whole $100 cheaper plan as a last ditch effort. If that don't work they'll know they will always be 2nd to PS.

And the bold is all they'll need. MS been killing PS w/ Backwards Cap and it's services. And yet it's still playing catch-up. That's why they doing the whole $100 cheaper plan as a last ditch effort. If that don't work they'll know they will always be 2nd to PS.

Yeah, we'll see. There are the XBOX committed and the PS committed. Those people will probably stick with the consoles the know the best. The issue is the people who will choose the best option. If the next XBOX system is more powerful, cheaper, and has a decent launch lineup, Microsoft could steal customers Sony had sewn up last generation. Even if all the games that XBOX has at launch are multiplat, that would still work in Microsoft's favor since those games will likely play better on the XBOX system.

Back