Welcome To aBlackWeb

Pet Peeves of Gaming

Borderlands 1&2 were great perfect amount of loot for as endless as the game is.

You ain’t suppose to get the best of the best in your first or second run, this ain’t Final Fantasy where the enemies never evolve on your next play thrus.

Would you say the same for the Destiny series?

Borderlands 1&2 were great perfect amount of loot for as endless as the game is.

You ain’t suppose to get the best of the best in your first or second run, this ain’t Final Fantasy where the enemies never evolve on your next play thrus.

Would you say the same for the Destiny series?
Borderlands is one of few games I didnt mind getting dlc for. If you didnt get them, you already received a complete game. The second run through also added new bosses. The dlc was just the cherry on the top

I don’t agree with the soulsborne takes

They are supposed to be hard.

Your first play thru is easy mode.

It’s lovecraftian gothic horror, you ain’t suppose to feel at ease or safe like at all.

It’s part of the overall story. It’s bleak as hell on purpose.

It’s not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing… these are pet peeves. By definition they are personal to the person who brings it up. It’s not saying the game is bad. Or they made their game wrong.

Me personally… If the difficulty of gameplay itself is a barrier to experiencing the story, then I just don’t give a shit. I don’t.

And that’s ok. There are plenty of masochistic gamers with too much time on their hands willing to “git gud” to take my place. I don’t have the patience

IMG_6468.png

It’s not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing… these are pet peeves. By definition they are personal to the person who brings it up. It’s not saying the game is bad. Or they made their game wrong.

Me personally… If the difficulty of gameplay itself is a barrier to experiencing the story, then I just don’t give a shit. I don’t.

And that’s ok. There are plenty of masochistic gamers with too much time on their hands willing to “git gud” to take my place. I don’t have the patience

View attachment 1292614
Dude.

That’s the thing.

There is no story.

Just the pain.

RPG side quests that send you halfway across the map to pick a flower then have to run all the way back to finish the quest cus it lacks fast travel options.

I’m going through this now. I picked up the console version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. cause I never got to play in on PC. I’m already annoyed by the lack of fast travel. What makes it worse is that you also have a low equipment rate limit which can severely impact your ability to run and carry additional weapons/resources if you exceed it.

I don’t agree with the soulsborne takes

They are supposed to be hard.

Your first play thru is easy mode.

It’s lovecraftian gothic horror, you ain’t suppose to feel at ease or safe like at all.

It’s part of the overall story. It’s bleak as hell on purpose.

Yeah but you gotta consider that there are a lot of people with various disabilities who also like to play games and difficulty settings can make all the difference for them.

There was this terrible time during the DVD era where the dialog would be quiet as shit so you have to turn up the volume but the explosions would be loud as fuck. Luckily that time is over for most movies but for some reason games still love to do that shit. I just instinctively play with subtitles on at all times now.

Back