Welcome To aBlackWeb

Pet Peeves of Gaming

SneakDZA

High Evolutionary
What are some things that games do that just piss you off or annoy you? I have a few...

Not letting me pause cutscenes drives me nuts. And usually it's the games with 20 minute cutscenes every 5 minutes that do this shit

If I'm playing a first or 3rd person game I need a jump button. Even if it doesn't do anything for the gameplay I need to be able to at least hop every now and then. I don't know why

Not every indie game with shitty pixelated graphics is a damn classic. Those shits be overrated like a mf

It is possible to have too much loot. Borderlands ruined that shit.

If I'm playing an rpg and I get new gear - i need to see that on my character in the form of drip.

Souls games are cool and all but you know what would be cooler? Difficulty settings.

PS5 updates. Sometimes a nigga just wanna hit start and get to playing. Prolly why mine is sitting in a corner collecting dust.

What are some things that games do that just piss you off or annoy you? I have a few...

Not letting me pause cutscenes drives me nuts. And usually it's the games with 20 minute cutscenes every 5 minutes that do this shit

If I'm playing a first or 3rd person game I need a jump button. Even if it doesn't do anything for the gameplay I need to be able to at least hop every now and then. I don't know why

Not every indie game with shitty pixelated graphics is a damn classic. Those shits be overrated like a mf

It is possible to have too much loot. Borderlands ruined that shit.

If I'm playing an rpg and I get new gear - i need to see that on my character in the form of drip.

Souls games are cool and all but you know what would be cooler? Difficulty settings.
Re: borderlands

Interesting pov

I don't disagree

For me, it forced you to not fall in love with the same weapons that other players tend to encounter in their playthroughs. It forces you to try different weapons based on your builds so I can appreciate them having "unlimited" loot options

PS5 updates. Sometimes a nigga just wanna hit start and get to playing. Prolly why mine is sitting in a corner collecting dust.
You want your games and system to be without updates b?

You want your games and system to be without updates b?
of course, I want updates. The thing is, I hardly play. Only when I have my nephews and sometimes with my son. So when it's time to play, I have to go through 20 minutes of updates. That's annoying.

Is it good for the machine if I only play once or twice a month to leave on standby?

I dont think its gonna do any damage to the system to leave it on standby and you wont have to deal with waiting for updates whenever you do decide to cut it on. Standby mode dont use that much electricity either

RPG side quests that send you halfway across the map to pick a flower then have to run all the way back to finish the quest cus it lacks fast travel options.
The elf mission for the girl in DD2 lol

Go all the way to elf village

Go across the world and find a blacksmith

Blacksmith like I want some food

Go back across the world to tell elf girl he said he want food

If you don’t use a ferrystone or an Ox cart, this back and forth might take 3 hours of game time

Games that are essentially digital chores.

I don't know when it was cool to have to feed, clothe, earn money and house a digital fucking creator.

So you telling me, I'm going to hop on a game, and do shit that I have to do in real life in a video game?

That's when shit like Red Dead Redemption 2 became trash.

I'm out here, having to travel and feed a motherfucker half the damn time, who the fuck wants to do that for 10 hours?

Also games that are nothing but collecting items and customizing shit.

Who the fuck wanna collect some shit that ain't real and has no value?

Why you gonna spend your time customizing some shit that you really can't use?

All this immersion, digital chores and customization ruined the idea of a video game. Video games today are not about playing and digital exploration, it's about taking as much of your time as possible to sell you some bullshit.

rebuying characters in fighting games

I like fighting games, but I’m like WTF! You buy Akuma in sf5 and have to rebuy him in sf6. Someone was free in the last game (Mileena in MKx), but you have to buy her in MK11. Of course you want the character again

And other stuff, but that’s the main thing I’m thinking about

Background noise or music on the pause screen needs to stop. I paused this this for a reason.

I don’t agree with the soulsborne takes

They are supposed to be hard.

Your first play thru is easy mode.

It’s lovecraftian gothic horror, you ain’t suppose to feel at ease or safe like at all.

It’s part of the overall story. It’s bleak as hell on purpose.

Back